PDA

View Full Version : Atmospheric - 'Evolving' single tune

Jesse
2006-03-10, 20:04
http://www.bk-recordings.com/public/bkm1/jesse/singles/Jesse%20Gorter%20-%20Evolving%20.mp3

It's a melodic, dark, bright (yeah both), happy, sad, tune. I really don't know the mood.

Kitarii
2006-03-16, 18:51
The start certainly has a sort of "Arabian" feel to it. :-/ I would say it's fairly sad, but it changes a bit about 1:30 where the piano starts, seems to get happier so I can see why you can't give it a mood!

It's quite nice, fairly easy listening (sounds more complex than anything I ever made, not sure if it really is :p), some nice harmony.

It's quite long, so for that you really need to make it really interesting, and hardly repetative at all, which you've done quite well IMO, you could almost split it into sections.

Very nice, very slow, something relaxing for the mood I would say. This is me trying to give some constructive criticism/praise, not sure if i succeeded though! Anyways, I liked. :)

Jesse
2006-03-16, 18:59
Hey thanks, the comments really make sense to me!

Although I wonder what the sad face is for, the sad feeling or the 'Arabian' feel?

I wouldn't call it a real Arabian tune, as you say, it evolves more or less into a more happy atmosphere. Still, I think it goes kinda deep emotionally, or into atmospheric moods.

But cool you said this :D

The start certainly has a sort of "Arabian" feel to it. :-/ I would say it's fairly sad, but it changes a bit about 1:30 where the piano starts, seems to get happier so I can see why you can't give it a mood!

It's quite nice, fairly easy listening (sounds more complex than anything I ever made, not sure if it really is :p), some nice harmony.

It's quite long, so for that you really need to make it really interesting, and hardly repetative at all, which you've done quite well IMO, you could almost split it into sections.

Very nice, very slow, something relaxing for the mood I would say. This is me trying to give some constructive criticism/praise, not sure if i succeeded though! Anyways, I liked. :)

Kitarii
2006-03-16, 19:12
Hey thanks, the comments really make sense to me!

Although I wonder what the sad face is for, the sad feeling or the 'Arabian' feel?

I wouldn't call it a real Arabian tune, as you say, it evolves more or less into a more happy atmosphere. Still, I think it goes kinda deep emotionally, or into atmospheric moods.

But cool you said this :D

Yeah it changes after the first minute or something... It's not a sad face, it's a "hm" face, meaning I was thinking about it. :p

Jesse
2006-03-16, 19:31
Yeah it changes after the first minute or something... It's not a sad face, it's a "hm" face, meaning I was thinking about it. :p

Maybe the dark blue color with black writing on it, makes it seem sad.

:-/ ;)

makes a whole difference in mood :)

SpaceGuitarist
2006-04-15, 05:26
Yay! Pretty interesting. I like that pro-sound feel.