PDA

View Full Version : Please Read This !!!

Quetch
2006-03-12, 18:53
You know , today , I've just realised what idiots we , the fan-game makers are ( no offence ... not IDIOTS .... but idiots because LBA3 would have been finished by now ) . I mean , jasiek , nout , Thehen , Mad_Aeon , Link , me and others , we all make unfinished projects ( ok , let's say some of them will be finished , but face it : it will take YEARS and it will be crappy ) , instead of ( I've said this before ) joining up in A TEAM PEOPLE !!!!!!! Sure , now someone will find contradictory arguments but think about it : LBA would have never existed if , for example , each member of Adeline would have made a game of it's own . So , no offence to anyone ( because it's not in the bad sense , and plus , I am included too ) , but we are kind of dumb . Please considder this and for Twinsen's sake , let us make a team ( we would have the same ammount of members as Adeline back in LBA's production ) , and in a year or so , LBA 3 will be finished , so PLEASE THINK ABOUT IT , instead of getting offended by the "idiot" part !!!

JBrothersz
2006-03-12, 19:07
hmm, It's a pretty good tekst!
because a hole lot of game projects are not finishet!

good joob of what you did Quetch!!!

ps:it's good!

JBrothersz
2006-03-12, 19:12
{I mean - job]

lol!

Quetch
2006-03-12, 20:24
Thanks Jan B !!! ;) I see people still download my project . Well , as a note , the next demo is WAY DIFFERENT !!! I mean , Twinsen walks like in the original LBA , Citadel is 90 % done at this time , much more improoved graphics ;)

Jasiek
2006-03-12, 22:34
It was discussed several times. Link had that same exact idea. It's a nice Idea but I don't think it's going to work anyway(everyone's too far away).

SebZ
2006-03-12, 22:38
With everyone working on different projects, they gain more experience.
That's how the Adeline team got where they were!

Jesse
2006-03-12, 22:51
It's also possible that people who make their own project make their characters/moddels available to other projects concerning lba fangames.

If people would do that it would be more easy to work together to make one big melting pot, without destroying/denying the individuality and uniqueness of the seperate fangames.

Everyone has their own view of how a fangame should be made, but it does work well if you have more mapower behind the projects...I wish I had programming skills. I don't have them.

Quetch
2006-03-13, 08:01
Well then , let's make a convention : Every Fan-game maker around here should make some models ( both characters and objects ) and someone will assemble them into levels , consulting the others ( though he won't be able to satisfy everyone ) . So , I guess that's the best possible outcome ... what do you think ???

Lupin
2006-03-13, 10:14
It was discussed several times. Link had that same exact idea. It's a nice Idea but I don't think it's going to work anyway(everyone's too far away).
I actually changed my mind and I think you are right.
I think you have forgotten something Quetch. Most of us (me first) fan-game makers are all far from being pro. Even if in some aspects our work may apear professional it's not actually the case. It's very hard to make a team and drive a successful project in a professional context. So imagine in a non-professional context where all members live far away and have so different/unadapted skills. I like the idea of sharing all ressources of our games once they are well advanced or finnished. I'll personnaly do it, i'll release the code and even maybe some tutorials for darkbasic users (if they are not too few :rolleyes: ) to be able to understand it. I already made my code as clean as possible (well actually i cleaned it recently) for the persons who will see it to understand what i've done even with poor programming skills.
Well then , let's make a convention : Every Fan-game maker around here should make some models ( both characters and objects ) and someone will assemble them into levels , consulting the others ( though he won't be able to satisfy everyone ) . So , I guess that's the best possible outcome ... what do you think ???
Imagine if one member wants to stop, all the others are condamned. Our personnal projects are too weak to do this now. I'm not talking about compatibility problems yet...

Darkflame
2006-03-13, 12:51
Rather then joining up to a big group, why not have a thread where you exchange assets and help each others?

If one creator is stuck doing something, the others can help..possibly donateing something they have use?
Kinda a "united fan game designer thread" or such.

Lupin
2006-03-13, 13:15
I think this is an excellent idea... I think what we mostly individually need is help. Everyone has his own forces and weaknesses, we need eachother to give tips and why not ask them to make or share small jobs for other projects.
If someone asks i can do some code or algorithmes for any project to help it.
I'll start this thread.