PDA

View Full Version : New RPG Game - Esenthel

drean
2006-08-15, 19:47
I am making a new rpg game, Esenthel, and I need talented people. look here http://republika.pl/drean/

Bot13
2006-08-15, 19:51
Nah.

Jasiek
2006-08-15, 20:47
Oh, someone from Poland, I somehow think I know you...
My friend Marcin said that in Gliwice someone is making an rpg game and requires people with skills.
Actually in Katowice, but he knows him from Gliwice.

But how is this LBA related ? :p

Bot13
2006-08-15, 20:53
Well that's obvious. LBA is a pc-game, so is this.
Also 'RPG' has three letters, so has 'LBA'.

He needs talented people, and talented people made LBA.
Esenthel has almost all of the letters of 'relentless' in it, except for the 'h'.

.. :hmpf:

drean
2006-08-16, 11:27
Well Poland it is but not Katowice, it's Walbrzych, near Wroclaw;) and I am posting it here, because I love LBA, and yes I need talented people.

Jasiek
2006-08-16, 16:44
Well, if you love LBA than welcome to the forums :p
Oh, check my thread in the fangames :p

Streg
2006-08-16, 17:11
tHi$ I$ $p4m!!1 :O

Q-Wi-Q
2006-08-16, 21:28
relentless seems to have an "r"... let me help you count... 1

drean
2006-08-22, 17:26
The Demo is free to download http://republika.pl/drean/data/Esenthel.rar

Jasiek
2006-08-22, 21:21
Um, post some screenshots ;).
My trusty Titanium 4200 doesent support all that new fancy stuff :p.

drean
2006-08-22, 23:00
:) all the screenshots are on my web page http://republika.pl/drean/esenthel.html. There's not much yet, but soon there will be included an animated skeleton model in the game:)

Jasiek
2006-08-22, 23:12
Oh, in the screenshots tab I saw a 3D Game Studio screen, that guard and the sword, you're making this in Game Studio?

Horadrim
2006-08-22, 23:26
Drean, Blizzard could be pissed off very much, if this demo gets in their hands and hear this music from Diablo. Don`t mess with them, dude, they really could spoil everything.
BTW, good work with the shaders.

drean
2006-08-23, 13:19
To Jasiek: No I am not writing in Game Studio, the models I found on the net, and they were used for testing only, they won't be in the game. All of the code is written by me, not using any "game makers".
To Horadrim: Thanks :) Don't worry when the game reaches commercial status, (in a few years maybe, not shorter) everything will be made by myself, or my team, which i currently don't have.

SebZ
2006-08-24, 12:49
You've hot to have graphic cards that don't support Pixel Shade 2.0!!!! :mad:

drean
2006-08-24, 14:26
I'm sorry for now 2.0 is required, don't worry the game won't be finished quick;) so by the time it's finished you will have at least 2.0 support.
check out the newest screenshot of a skeleton model on http://republika.pl/drean/esenthel.html

drean
2006-08-26, 18:28
Demo#2 released http://republika.pl/drean/data/Esenthel.rar enjoy :)

Jasiek
2006-08-26, 19:23
This is just a techdemo right? The way that the walls touch the floor seams not very real, there should be some dirt on the bottom of the walls, and on the floor where they touch the walls. ;).

EDIT: Oh, the skeleton model is very cool :).

drean
2006-09-13, 00:02
Demo #4 released - much has changed, take a look http://republika.pl/drean/esenthel.html

Horadrim
2006-09-13, 10:34
The whole atmosphere reminds of Diablo, so I suppose you`re inspired by it. I was wondering, will you use some similar algorhitm for random arranging/building of the dungeons, like Diablo. It will be great.

drean
2006-09-13, 12:45
if it brings the atmosphere of such a good game than I think it's good:) the most probable solution is there will some pre-generated locations and some random ones. because the game is in very early stage of development it is hard to say on abything about it's future, but I will try to make it very attractive in many ways.

Jasiek
2006-09-13, 12:56
Hope it's not going to be like Stonekeep, dungeons and dungeons and oh look! Even more dungeons! There's plenty of good locations for RPGs other than dungeons, like cities, taverns, forrests with spider nests on the trees and a giant spider queen, elven cities high on the tree branches, mountains huge grassy plains, always good for a battle. Seriously, why most of the games theese days take place in dark, damp dungeons.... I hate that...

drean
2006-09-13, 13:11
don't worry everything will be there:) dungeons is just a place to start, forests will be for sure, I'm planning to add every locations you can imagine, forests mountains, iced areas, maybe deserts, just need time for that.

Streg
2006-09-13, 13:55
Hope it's not going to be like Stonekeep, dungeons and dungeons and oh look! Even more dungeons! There's plenty of good locations for RPGs other than dungeons, like cities, taverns, forrests with spider nests on the trees and a giant spider queen, elven cities high on the tree branches, mountains huge grassy plains, always good for a battle. Seriously, why most of the games theese days take place in dark, damp dungeons.... I hate that...
YEAH EXACTLY.
I hate those rpg in which u only go around doungeons, that`s why Breath of Fire 3 is my fav rpg :)

drean
2006-09-24, 22:00
Demo #5 with a new monster

Streg
2006-09-26, 23:44
are u planning to do this game freeware or not?

drean
2006-09-27, 11:01
no, I'm planning to make it commercial. But the demos that I'm releasing will be for a long time. Still looking for people who would like to help, 3d modelling and music composing..

Kitarii
2006-09-28, 18:52
no, I'm planning to make it commercial. But the demos that I'm releasing will be for a long time. Still looking for people who would like to help, 3d modelling and music composing..

Oh, I'm not interested in helping out in commercial products. Sorry.

Streg
2006-10-06, 20:09
yeah, thats was the reason of my question. I wont help either

Horadrim
2006-10-06, 23:53
I might help as a modeler and animator, if you`re interested. But I must be sure that the project is trustworthy. If you wish, send me a PM with the things you need.
BTW, to the others - why you all are so negatively disposed at drean`s decision to sell his product? Every project like this one, consumes not only time, but money too. This man wishes to cover at least a part of his expenses. No one is forced to buy his game.

K_Man_1313
2006-10-14, 18:51
This game looks awsome, I downloaded the latest demo and the graphics are awsome, I would really like to help with the model making. What format do the models have to be in?

Horadrim
2006-10-14, 23:01
This is a WIP of the barbarian model I`m making. I`m making this model for Esenthel and I was going to show my stuff only to Drean, but I think that if I show them here, the interest to this game will increase. Sadly many of you were dissapointed, when Drean announced that the game will be commercial.

Streg
2006-10-14, 23:23
I only work for free, this means i dont work for commercial stuff.
his face looks like rooney's :P

drean
2006-10-15, 17:48
barbarian look's nice ;) I like it.
to K Man: if you would like to help, then you're welcome, format is best 3ds, it's the easiest way, with other formats i will have to search to converters.

drean
2006-11-25, 16:46
I'm pleased to announce the new version of Esenthel
containing new character, new items, and new physics system
Now you can grab items (with ALT key while fpp view)

Horadrim
2006-11-25, 18:34
There`s a dynamic link library missing - PhysXLoader .

drean
2006-11-25, 19:25
That means that you haven't installed PhysX SystemSoftware. There is a link to it on my web page http://republika.pl/drean/en/download.html
From this version, Esenthel requires both DirectX and PhysX SystemSoftware

drean
2006-12-03, 19:46
There is a new demo version, now you can engage in combat, fight with other creatures.
And I'm waiting for some opinions about the game.

drean
2006-12-07, 20:13
beware of the water elemental

http://republika.pl/drean/images/screenshots/Esenthel10_t.jpg

Horadrim
2006-12-09, 21:27
This is the elf I made recently. Still the model is not finished ( the hair is left ).

Jasiek
2006-12-09, 21:46
She looks kinda ugly - not the modelling, that's very nice, but the charachter I mean, like an old woman, not a nice and beatifull elf.

Odysseus
2006-12-09, 21:51
Yeah, nice modeling. :tup: Need to learn how to do that someday. |)Feel like posting a wire image Horadrim?

drean
2006-12-09, 22:47
I must say I like it even more than the barbarian, it needs some fixes though. very good job. and by the way - how do you like the progress with the game? right now I'm adding character panel when you'll be able to see your hero's stats, strength, speed, health..

Horadrim
2006-12-10, 00:15
She looks kinda ugly - not the modelling, that's very nice, but the charachter I mean, like an old woman, not a nice and beatifull elf.

Well, I`ll be glad if you tell me what exactly is not ok, so I could fix it. I suppose that you have this illusion, because of the perspective. I had similar comments with some picks of a models I made for LBAx long time ago. I had to post some more pictures of the models and then it became more clearly how the models really look like. Here are some shots and the wire (not turbo smoothed model).

BTW, I remembered that some time ago I said that I`ll make a nude model of Zoe, so I started to think about a realistic Zoe. I hope I won`t be banned for posting CG nude pictures :D.

Jasiek
2006-12-10, 00:27
The stomach looked very wrinkled, but as I look at it on the new renders it looks ok, however I think the ears should be a lot closer to the head, or appear from it with a sharp angle. It would look better imo with a more visible, sharp jaw line, there's something I think with the neck thickness, it should dissappear behind the jaw, wich would create a shadow on the neck. And, aren't the eyes a bit too deep? From what I observed the eye lids extend out of the face.

Oh, and the body is very cool :).

PlasmaStorm
2006-12-10, 09:51
Hi drean! This looks like a very cool game! There's only one thing and it's to do with your site. A domain name is needed.

It's easier for people to find your site if it has a domain.

www.cjb.net (http://www.cjb.net)
www.dot.tk (http://www.dot.tk)
www.freedomain.co.nr (http://www.freedomain.co.nr)
Are the best free domain choices. ;)

drean
2006-12-10, 10:39
Thanks for the advice:)
I've just created one http://www.esenthel.cjb.net

drean
2006-12-12, 19:37
You can check the new version (#12) with some Music!
check it out

drean
2006-12-19, 22:12
The demo now works faster, some glitches removed, and light has been changed
http://republika.pl/drean/images/screenshots/Esenthel11_t.jpg

http://republika.pl/drean/images/screenshots/Esenthel12_t.jpg

Jasiek
2006-12-20, 02:00
It reminds me of stonekeep, I was never very fond of that game tough...
If it's just a tech demo than ok, but you know, it looks as if dungeons where your main theme right now, or you're just going to work everyhting out before making the levels?

drean
2006-12-20, 14:49
making new levels require more new 3d models, and that could be a little problem, luckily I have some that may be enough for now. But right now I'm concentrating on the engine itself, to add basical interface things, when that will be done I will go to the next step and add new locations. I have forest already in my mind. Dungeons will be only a part of the game, don't worry.

Horadrim
2006-12-20, 19:00
Do the engine perfect and leave the other stuff to me ;) . I noticed that if there`s a weapon in the other arm of the character, it attacks only with his right arm, but not with the arm in which is the weapon. Something else, the elemental is interesting, but when it`s dying it will be more effective it it spills down.

Jasiek
2006-12-20, 20:13
Yeah, defnitely, a water elememental should spill on the ground ( a potem wsiaknac ;) ), a fire elemental should disappear in a cloud of black smoke, air turn to wapor and ground go into stone or mud bits.

drean
2006-12-20, 20:38
Yes I have thought of that, but we're talking about 2 thousand spheres (water droplets), it could be rather problematical for them to realistically collide with other objects since of their big number. Ill try to think of something though

Odysseus
2006-12-20, 20:49
Can't you use transparant stuff, or something?:)

drean
2006-12-20, 21:09
Can't you use transparant stuff, or something?:)
Isn't the water already transparent?

Jasiek
2006-12-20, 21:13
Yes I have thought of that, but we're talking about 2 thousand spheres (water droplets), it could be rather problematical for them to realistically collide with other objects since of their big number. Ill try to think of something though

Well, you don't have to make it like that, just have a fixed animation made of particles in the core, and some "physical entities" around it that will give the impression it "fits" to the invironment. You might only do a "splash" animation made of a single entity also.

Odysseus
2006-12-21, 18:38
Isn't the water already transparent?Yes, but I thought you might use a more simple model and suggesting the water droplets mainley by complex texturing.:)
But I exualy don't know what you should do,|) I'm not experienced in ingame models.

drean
2006-12-22, 12:39
Well, you don't have to make it like that, just have a fixed animation made of particles in the core, and some "physical entities" around it that will give the impression it "fits" to the invironment. You might only do a "splash" animation made of a single entity also.
A fixed animation won't do, because the elemental can die at different angles, direction.. Even splashing with a single entity could be very cpu extensive (with 2000 spheres), now you use physics accelerators for that kind of things, but Ill try to work on it without any physics accelerators, but I think it'll be after the christmas ;)
BTW: when is the next lba remake demo planning to be released?

Yes, but I thought you might use a more simple model and suggesting the water droplets mainley by complex texturing.:)
But I exualy don't know what you should do,|) I'm not experienced in ingame models.
It is complex texturing/rendering ;) Ill try to think of something..

Jasiek
2006-12-22, 14:01
Hmmm, different angles and directions would be fixed with physics right? A downward gravity force vector would alwast "stick" it to the surface, to make it more diverse you could then make 3 animations that would display randomly.

About the demo, well, no time to do anything on it, soooo, probably, next year, probably.

Altough it will always clip into walls etc... and that won't look so reastically.
Is there a way to morph the model somehow? Or to make a "simulation of a water baloon", an entity that will move it's structure to fit the environment.

That's a tough nut to crack I guess, the easiest way I tihnk would be to just let him fall on the ground and then dissappear in it leaving a body shaped transparent "stain" that would also fade out after some time.

drean
2007-05-19, 12:55
Hi everyone!
Just wanted to say that the project isn't dead ;)
In fact we have moved to a new web site - http://esenthel.zendurl.com/
We created our own forums - http://esenthel.zendurl.com/forum/
And there's new demo version 16!
So enjoy :)

duarf
2007-05-27, 12:13
I can't seem to download te first playable glimp of the game

drean
2007-05-27, 15:07
I can't seem to download te first playable glimp of the game
Hm? what's the problem? I have heard that some download managers can cause prolem (such as getright, but I tested on Free Download Manager, and it works).
Oh and in few days, I'll submit an Installer which will download the game automatically, and update it if needed

drean
2007-06-14, 14:39
Ok so if you were having problems with downloaders this is no more.
We now moved to a paid hosting on www.esenthel.com (http://www.esenthel.com)
There is an Esenthel Installer which will download the game automatically.
We've got new web site, with new screenshots, new concept art, and of course the new demo - with shadows.
Thanks, and have a good day everyone!

leoboe
2007-06-14, 17:49
-.- i downloaded the installer and tryed it out but it doesn't seem to work it doesn't do anything .

WNG:leoboe

drean
2007-06-14, 21:35
what doesnt do anything? Does it display something?

leoboe
2007-06-15, 17:12
I double-klick the downloaded "installer" my arrow changes to "loading" for half a second and then nothing happens

drean
2007-06-17, 12:36
thanks, its the first time someone pointing out such issue, Ill try to investigate it
I've read on Jasiek's forum that you have GeForce 3 Ti, the game definitely won't work with your card, so maybe it's causing the issues.

Does anybody know if there has been some actual progress with LBA 3?

leoboe
2007-06-17, 13:28
I've read on Jasiek's forum that you have GeForce 3 Ti, the game definitely won't work with your card, so maybe it's causing the issues.
That's only the Card of my mother because mine is broken i'll send it to amazon.com in a few days so i hope i'll get my own one back (Sapphire Radeon X1600 Pro 512mb)

but that doesn't do anything with the installer does it?^^
WNG:leoboe

drean
2007-06-17, 13:37
Well it looks like your video card does make the problem.
Because I specially set the installer to have the same video requirements as the game.
So if you're hardware isn't capable of running the game, you'll know that earlier while launching the installer, than while waiting to download and then launching the game.

leoboe
2007-06-17, 13:52
oh damn
well then i'll have to wait untill i get my card back^^
Thanks for help either

Kobold
2007-06-17, 18:16
Does anybody know if there has been some actual progress with LBA 3?
Here.

drean
2007-06-17, 19:58
Here.
thanks
so still nothing serious :-/

Streg
2007-06-17, 23:06
axx talked about 2 years to start production or something

F2bnp
2007-06-18, 01:48
My PC is:

P4 2.8 ghz HT
1 gb ram
7600 gs

I installed the game,but it needs the PhysX drivers!Wtf?My card doesn't support physX so why would it need it?

drean
2007-06-18, 12:03
axx talked about 2 years to start production or something
I've read there, that first they want some other project pushed and then they can take a look at LBA3, and to me that's nothing, they're just putting the LBA away, not seeing how much fans does it have, and how big would be interest in this game.

My PC is:

P4 2.8 ghz HT
1 gb ram
7600 gs

I installed the game,but it needs the PhysX drivers!Wtf?My card doesn't support physX so why would it need it?
your PC is fine, you need PhysX drivers because they doesn't require PhysX Hardware, they provide also software support of physics. So that physics can be calculated on your CPU.