View Full Version : Game & release announcements
This thread will be used for all game announcements and release notes.
- added this release note file
- added setup program to install the client
- added away feature. The client will automatically be set to away after 5min of inactivity. However you can manually set/reset the away state by typping /afk /back in the chatbox
- added version check between client and server
- the server is now synchronizing all map objects
- added some new entities like lifts or doors all over the maps
- fixed a bug where the game was crashing at login screen when pressing arrow key
- fixed bugs 0000227 0000228 of the bugtracker
- added automatic patcher program - run it once in a while to get latest version of the game
- fixed bugs 0000190 0000157 0000188 0000248 0000251 0000249 0000246 0000253 of the bugtracker
- added a few more missing exits to the game
- added screenshot feature. Use the F11 key to take a screenshot of the game screen. The created image will be stored under the lbanet game directory with the data time as name.
- added life and mana management. Life and mana will be displayed on screen. Please note that the current display is not the final version. This will be improved in future releases.
- the life and mana is now synchronized server side. So you will be able to see other player life and mana in real time.
- added hurting zone like pics in the temple of bu. If you step on those zones you will loose life
- you now loose life by falling down
- fixed bugs 0000273 0000267 0000187 0000259 0000261 0000266 of the bugtracker
- added an house made by Polaris into the old burg
- fixed bugs 0000274 of the bugtracker
- improved gui by adding a small part for character life and mana view
Lately I was playing a little bit with the ogre rendering engine.
So I built a small demo showing up how lbanet could look like in the future if we were using ogre.
You can find the demo here: http://lbanet.googlecode.com/files/Lbanet_ogre.rar
By the way before getting comments about it, yes I know that:
- there is a lot of glitches, especially with the shadow stuff
- the demo has a very slow framerate
However, this was just a quick test to see wether it was possible to use ogre at all or not,
and so with some work I am now confident that it would be possible to use it.
Also, I will not put that task on high priority because we have already a decent rendering engine.
I would rather prefer to focus and gameplay for now like adding inventory and npc.
However it was just to let you know that it will be reality one day :p
PS: this demo is independant from lbanet and does not need any data to run. Everything is already build in.
So do not unpack the archive in the lbanet directory, just keep things separated.
- added smileys to chatbox
- added color to chatbox
- modified marker in chat (bug #0000264)
You can now run the game patcher. But see by yourself:
The development of the inventory feature is currently ongoing, but I just wanted to show you a preview of how it looks like so far.
Let me know what you think of it.
(the inventory images are made by Leoboe)
So finally here is the new release v0.7!
- Persistent storage system on server side. Players will now need to create a game account where all their data
will be saved for each world they will visit (player position in world, inventory, etc.)
- Inventory system: the player will get an independent inventory for each world. A new GUI is then available in game
were the player can visualize his current inventory content.
- Container system: the player can open different containers in the world. Then he will be able to take objects from
the containers or add objects from his own inventory into the containers.
- Shortcut bar: a new in game shortcut bar has appeared. You can drag and drop items from your inventory into it.
- New whisper functionality: players can now whisper to each other. To do so you can either tape '/w playername
message' in your chatbox or choose whisper in the channel menu.
- Friend functionality: you can now add people to your friend list in the community window. You will then be able to
easily see which of your friends are online. You can also directly whisper to them by double clicking on their name in the community window.
- Faster map loading: some optimizations have been made server-side to decrease the loading time of maps.
- Added a map created by Polaris in tippet island
- Few bugs fixes.
And now the surprise: we got a new game website created by leoboe. You can find it at this address: www.lbanet.net (http://www.lbanet.net).
The site is still not complete done yet and our great designer and webmaster is still working on it.
However, you can already register a game account there to be able to play the game.
Finally you will notice that you cannot anymore ride the horse, dino-fly or use the protopack in the lbaexpanded world.
Indeed, the corresponding items have been hidden all over the world. It is your task to find them out ;)
New release v0.71:
- Added a feather object that allows you to write letters. The writen
letters will appear in the inventory. You can then hide them in
containers if you wish. The feather has been hidden in one of the
containers. So you will first need to find it out ;)
- You can now move the shorcut bar on the screen. This way you can
choose the way you want to position all element of the gui on your
- Updated game patcher. The patcher will now log its output into a
file named "patching.log". In case of issue during patch please have a
look at this file. The patcher will now also automatically start the
game after it is done.
- Few bugs fixes.
We also got a new domain name for our website. You can now find us at www.lbanet.net (http://www.lbanet.net)
The game installers and the patcher have been updated. Now it should be much easier for newcomers to install the game.
The installation instructions have been updated here: http://forum.magicball.net/showpost.php?p=388603&postcount=2
If you already have the game installed, you can still patch it in order to get the new patcher. This patcher is more graphical and will start automatically when starting the game.
New release v0.75:
- Added NPC actors. They are fully animated however they is no real dialog yet. You can already talk to them but they will not say anything.
- Added merchants. You can now buy items from some of the NPC all over the maps.
- Added actor travel feature. You should now be able to use the ferries but also the cars and motorbikes.
- Added scripted zone. Just try to hide in the trash in the map out of citadel prison ;)
You can discuss about this release here: http://forum.magicball.net/showthread.php?t=14792
Here is a small release v0.755:
- you can now use the return key on login screen instead of pressing the login button
- you can now use the return key on choose world screen instead of pressing the button
- you can now use the action key to close the dialog window
- you can now use the action key to close the container window
- you can now choose the amount of item you want to take/ put from/in the container when you drag and drop it.
- corrected a bug where you could connect multiple times using the same account name with different case
I also wanted to say that I will be in holidays starting next weekend for 1 month.
So I will only start to work on Lbanet again end of January next year.
That being said, I wish you good holidays time and an happy new year a bit in advance since I will not be around here again before next year ;)
Rincevent is on holiday but he asked me to announce this special Christmas Release for you.
So here it is: LBANet v0.755 - Christmas Event:
Here's how to join the Party!
You should now all be ported to the Christmas-Event when you connect.
If you accidently ported out or you have just registered you can (re-)enter the Christmas-Event either through sendel's well or by selecting "Party place" in your teleport-box.
The Christmas update features:
-The Citadel-Island-Party-Scene has been modified for the ultimate Christmas-event!
-There are all new Items including e.g. Christmas-Canes, Champagne and Lebkuchen
-All the NPCs at the Event-place have got different dialogs that make sense(!)
-Santa Clause ! (and other special Christmas-NPCs)
-Tech-Release: The LBANet-Homepage has finally been ported to the Sefrengo-CMS. New features are coming ;)
So, we wish you a merry merry christmas and hope you have fun with our little Christmas Gift.
New release v0.8:
This was a long waiting, but finally the new release is up and running featuring dialogs and quests! more...
Here is the release content:
- added dialog mechanism. Now NPC can have extended conditionnnal dialog trees.
- added quest feature.
- added journal in game (parchment icon)
- 2 quests have been added in LbaxExpanded world for testing purpose.
The first one is given by Baldino. For the second one just go have a look at Principal Island stables ;-)
There is only those two quests for now, but all mechanisms are in place. So now we can easily populate the world
with extensive dialogs and a buch of quest :-p
Today we have 2 good news for you:
First Lbanet is turning 1 year old. Yes it is already 1 year that the first version of the game was released on MBN.
A lot of things have changed since then already and there is still a lot to do for the future.
I just hope that so far you enjoyed playing as much as I enjoyed making this game!
So in order to celebrate we have a new release v0.9 featuring a lot of new stuff:
- new physic engine base on Nvidia PhysiX
- the magic ball has been added
- the magic ball can activate switches
- implementation of the pvp in game. We are also collecting pvp statistics to display on the lbanet website here (http://www.lbanet.net/index.php?idcatside=8)(number of kill, death, ...)
- the lbanet website has also been updated and is now showing more information like the connected players, etc: www.lbanet.net (http://www.lbanet.net)
:viewer: In order to play the game you will need to install nvidia PhysX on your machine if you do no have it already, you can download it here (http://www.nvidia.com/object/physx-9.10.0223-driver.html)
PS: I heard that a merchant in Proxima island is selling very cheap and delicious cakes, you might want to try them out ;)
New release v0.91:
- a new website with extended functionnalities
- website and game are now in sync
more details here: http://www.lbanet.net (http://www.lbanet.net/)
PS: in the process of updating to the new website we had to move the user Database. By doing so we had to reset all users password for security reasons. You should have received an email yesterday with a new random password. You can change your password again by login in to the website.
If you did not received any email check your spambox. Else it might be that yoru user has been delete. In this case just register again to the website.
We made a small update of the website adding a web chat.
You can now chat with people playing the game directly from the website!
More details here: www.lbanet.net (http://www.lbanet.net/)
New release v0.92:
- movable objects
- player animation and move speed are now in sync
more details here: http://www.lbanet.net (http://www.lbanet.net/)
As promise, a demo is out showing the new game engine.
More information here: http://www.lbanet.net/
I am releasing a first version of a game editor that will be developed in parallel to the new game engine. The editor is not complete yet but will follow the progress of the new engine itself.
You can download the editor together with the last version of the client here:
You need both parts of the archive to unpack it.
Here is the current editor features:
- create or open worlds
- add/remove/edit maps
- add/remove/edit teleports
- add/remove/edit actors (for now only static actors)
- add/remove/edit triggers (for now only zone trigger with teleport actions)
In addition this release added back the exits to link the maps together:
- The exits for LBA1 are all back there.
- As for LBA2, thanks to Mazaka who added them manually using the editor we currently have the exits for Citadel and Desert island (more to come later)
Hope you enjoy the release. As always all comments are welcome :)
After so much waiting the new release is finally there, featuring the new engine online!
More info and link to download the client here: http://www.lbanet.net/
Special thanks to Mazaka who helped me a lot on this release!
Hope you enjoy it! As always all comments are welcome :)
To keep you informed on whats going on on the development side I have create a short roadmap.
You can find it here: http://www.lbanet.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=55&Itemid=30&lang=en
The roadmap will be updated regularly so be sure to check it from time to time.
Talking about timelines, the next major release should come around middle of April.
For the other releases it is now too early to give an estimate especially since the release content is still subject to changes.
I also wanted to let you know that my wife and I are excepting a child for the end of April.
This means of course that the development will slow down after that but it should nevertheless still go on when I can find a bit of free time ;)
As promised the new version of LBANet is out, releasing mosnters into the world!
For more info please check the website: http://www.lbanet.net/
It took a bit longer than expected but finally the new server is all set up and the new release is there.
More info here: http://www.lbanet.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=63%3Anew-release-115-swaping-server
Sorry that it took so long, but finally a new version of Lbanet is here: http://www.lbanet.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=68:new-release-v118-holomap-a-co
A linux version of lbanet has been released. For more details please check the lbanet website (http://www.lbanet.net). The installation procedure has been greatly simplified since the last time and is now almost as simple as for the windows version.
As always, I would apreciate your feedback. So let me know if you could manage to make it work and if you find any bugs ;)
PS: for now I can only provide a version for ubuntu/debian 32 bits as I do not have a 64bits machine. Will try to provide a 64bits version asap.
vBulletin® v3.8.4, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.