PDA

View Full Version : Progress?

Rex_Hollywood
2001-08-21, 12:06
Is there any progress with the LBA DM?
I'm waiting for ages already...

CrOvAx
2001-08-21, 12:16
There is progress if they use my models. They can use them allmost right away (only need to make a HL-wad), and add the ground. But still they should have allmost all models of Citadel Island. So they should have a start, and I will make more models.

But I don't know exactly how far they are, I'm very curious myself, so if somebody knows, plz tell us....

Rex_Hollywood
2001-08-21, 12:31
Can I beta test?

HomerSimpson
2001-08-21, 17:02
Originally posted by FireBall2K
Can I beta test?

Me 2!

Smazy
2001-09-17, 21:16
I don't know how far the rest is but I'm going to do the sound again at the coming thurday, and if they need help with drawing the map, then I can help a bit.

Phoenix
2001-09-18, 21:22
I posted a message quite a while ago stating exactly what had been done for the MOD and in all, not that much.

The main things that were completed were the models of Twinsun and Franco soldier, but neither were ever animated. The external textures were all made into a WAD. A couple of weapons had been made in the old Quake2 format but not for HL. The music had been made, even though we were not certain on if and how we would implement it. Four maps were started, none of them were ever completed.

We lacked levelers, coders and 3D artists. Webseed left and didnt continue work as he said he may and I was left heading it. I did as much as I had the will to do, but I just felt I was doing it alone and I was, levels just werent being done at all, things kept getting reported to be done but were "lost" or "deleted" and the only other real thing we got done was Jesse's music.

The MOD isn't moving right now at all as far as I know, unless those ppl who claimed to have been working on things have actually done them, either way I wont be the one to construct the MOD as I don't have a fraction of the time I need, I have another personal project in development (not LBA).

Darkflame
2001-09-18, 21:31
I'll be willing to donate any RMP work that would be suitable.
But I think most of the 3D models would be too high-res.

Phoenix
2001-09-19, 20:58
Well as you know I can create most of the inorganic models needed, but it doesn't change the fact that it's not moving. We need scripting and coding still, no ppl for that dept.

HomerSimpson
2001-09-23, 17:01
Originally posted by Phoenix
Well as you know I can create most of the inorganic models needed, but it doesn't change the fact that it's not moving. We need scripting and coding still, no ppl for that dept.

That's not very strange, I think. Because coding is the hardest part of everything and there are only 189(?) people on the MBN forum. You have a great chance not everyone has Half-Life. Much less people can MAKE things for it, and even less people can code for it. So we have to find a coder who doesn't like LBA...

But WHAT exactly has to be coded? It's just basic DM, isn't it? Try to switch to the Q3 engine, it's easier to code for that...

Darkflame
2001-09-24, 08:55
I havn't tried much mod making, surely one of them can take animated direct X files (*.x) ?
This would making charecter movement animating easy.

HomerSimpson
2001-09-24, 14:11
Well, I hope so, too. It would suck if the LBA mod didn't came anymore:(

Rex_Hollywood
2001-09-24, 19:10
Why not make a Max Payne MOD? It's easier and cooler! :D

HomerSimpson
2001-09-24, 20:30
Why should we/they do that? Max Payne is a shooter of it's own and why would it be easier? I think coding the slowmotion mode in Max Payne would be 'a Payne in the ass'. No, let's just stick to the LBA idea, that's cool!

Phoenix
2001-09-24, 22:54
Smithers, who is that Bafoon? Why thats Homer Simpson sir, he works in sector 7G. Excellent, assign him to rework the LBA-DM mod all around the Quake3 engine himself.

What has been done already was done for HL, how can you possibly say Quake3 is easy to make a DM mod for, it ain't! HL is just the same, so we stick with it.

As for using DirectX files, nope, they don't even come into it. All HL animations (Character/Weapon) is done using mdl files and skeletal animation all unique to the game's engine, .X files dont come into it.

I myself dont' know exactly what needs to be coded, as I said, i'm not a coder. But Webseed downloaded the SDK and I know you need that if you're gonna make a mod, I dont have it, and If i did, i wouldnt know what to do with it. That is why we'd need somene who has worked on am MOD b4.

HomerSimpson
2001-09-25, 07:31
Well, I like your joke about Smithers and the Homer drone in sector 7G, very funny:D
But, I thought there wasn't much work done (only the Franco soldier model) for HL. The site was last updated more than a month ago. And because it's actually easier to CODE for Q3, and LBADM needs coders, I thought, make it Q3. It was just a suggestion.

nights000
2001-10-12, 21:36
hi im back
ive done some work on the lbadm dll file.
its going slow but it is working up to now
can someone uload or send me the levels and models that have already been done ive got the external wad file.
and ive been doing alot of sprite work

Rex_Hollywood
2001-10-13, 12:38
Originally posted by HomerSimpson
Why should we/they do that? Max Payne is a shooter of it's own and why would it be easier? I think coding the slowmotion mode in Max Payne would be 'a Payne in the ass'. No, let's just stick to the LBA idea, that's cool!

HS, Max Payne has MOD options, and mod tools!
No need to make your own slow-motion engine, since it's with
the MAX FX tools.

Did you play Max Payne that you decided it can be modified?

HomerSimpson
2001-10-13, 14:59
Originally posted by FireBall2K

HS, Max Payne has MOD options, and mod tools!
No need to make your own slow-motion engine, since it's with
the MAX FX tools.

Did you play Max Payne that you decided it can be modified?

Ooooooh, you meant a LBA mod for Max Payne? I thought you meant a Max Payne mod for Half-Life. That's why I thought it was pretty stupid and hard to code. Well, in that case it is a good idea, since LBA-HL isn't going anywhere anymore.

And yes, I did play Max Payne:)

Lgr
2001-10-21, 00:39
How about an LBA mod for games such as Unreal Tournament or Quake 4? That would be class.

wacko
2001-10-21, 01:16
Quake 4 :?

Anyways... I do think that the Half-Life engine is very old, maybe too old for new mods.

UT could be a good engine for a LBA mod since it's the game most people have after Half-Life.

Quake 3 could be a great engine, it's really beautiful...

Atresica
2001-10-21, 01:39
yup, that one's comming

HomerSimpson
2001-10-21, 10:51
Originally posted by lgr
How about an LBA mod for games such as Unreal Tournament or Quake 4? That would be class.

Well, I suggested an other engine before, but this is what Phoenix said:

Smithers, who is that Bafoon? Why thats Homer Simpson sir, he works in sector 7G. Excellent, assign him to rework the LBA-DM mod all around the Quake3 engine himself.

What has been done already was done for HL, how can you possibly say Quake3 is easy to make a DM mod for, it ain't! HL is just the same, so we stick with it.

I myself dont' know exactly what needs to be coded, as I said, i'm not a coder. But Webseed downloaded the SDK and I know you need that if you're gonna make a mod, I dont have it, and If i did, i wouldnt know what to do with it. That is why we'd need somene who has worked on am MOD b4.

And they need a coder for HL.
---------
BTW: I said it was easier to make a Q3 mod, not easy.

Lgr
2001-10-21, 11:43
It would be the easiest to make a mod / level for Unreal Tournament. Have you seen the SDK?? That is easy!

HomerSimpson
2001-10-21, 11:58
Originally posted by lgr
It would be the easiest to make a mod / level for Unreal Tournament. Have you seen the SDK?? That is easy!

Aaaah, yes, I remember building my school for Duke Nukem3D. That sucked big time, but the result was cool! Too bad I lost it in my HD format:(.
Back on-topic: I wouldn't mind making a mod for UT (although I never tried it). I also remember someone had already done a map of BETA Citadel Island, so maybe that can be used IF we're going to do it. But I think that we should complete the other projects first? Unless you think a UT mod can be done very fast:).

HomerSimpson
2001-10-21, 16:33
Sorrt for double-posting, but here is the UT Citadel Island beta 3 map, I won't take up your forum space, El:).

Download it HERE (http://people.zeelandnet.nl/invaesie/utlbabeta3.zip).

I'm NOT taking credit for it, I posted it for lgr, for his LBA mod for UT thing. The map was made by Michel Art Design.
Copyright 1999-2001 Michel Art Action Design Inc.

NOTE: In a week it'll be gone, so when you want it, d/l it now. Because I have limited bandwith, just like El:).

nights000
2001-10-21, 20:48
hi
im still workin on the lbadm for hl
i got sdk and im workin on the coding
im doing everything i will hopefully get a beta out by christmas
the hl mod sene is still very alive surprisingly!
anyone still want to help please email me
but i will finish it
ps does anyone have the password for the online storage thats on the lbadm web site
thanks

HomerSimpson
2001-10-21, 21:30
Oh yes, great nights000! Man, I will definatly play your BETA, man! Well, I want to help, but I can't do anything:(, can't code and such, so I'm useless. But I think you'll be long on it. Because only the Franco soldier has been done (and some other stuff), but it was never animated. Well, I hope you'll pull it off, that would be so cool. Let's FRAG Twinsen with my powerfull Grobo power (is that a pleonasm or what?), mwuhahahahahahaaaaa.

Phoenix
2001-10-21, 22:20
Due to Freedrive.com re-shuffling itself, everything in the account got deleted so its of no use. Besides the models of Twinsen and the Franco weren't in there. The only way to get hold of them, is to get hold of Webseed, how you're gonna do that is anyone's guess, the guy's disappeared off the face of the Earth.

HomerSimpson
2001-10-21, 22:22
Due to Freedrive.com re-shuffling itself, everything in the account got deleted so its of no use. Besides the models of Twinsen and the Franco weren't in there. The only way to get hold of them, is to get hold of Webseed, how you're gonna do that is anyone's guess, the guy's disappeared off the face of the Earth.

Is he the only one who has these models? I hope he comes here again soon.
(Yes, I'm tied #25, together with Evil-Twinsen)

nights000
2001-10-22, 19:33
hi
im trying to get hold of webseed but until that happens here is my wire frame model of zoe to show i have been doing something and here is a link to beta2 of citadel island for lbadm ive included the external wad just to make things easyer hope it ok phoenix if not sorrey.
the map has taken 2hours upto now
http://www.geocities.com/lba_hl/zoeframe.gif

HomerSimpson
2001-10-22, 19:57
Great nights000, but I missed the link to Beta2 of Citadel Island.
-------
BTW: If the Zoƫ model doesn't show, COPY this link in your browser (not click it, because geocities doen't allow direct linking)

http://www.geocities.com/lba_hl/zoeframe.gif

Rex_Hollywood
2001-10-22, 20:19
I won't mind beta testing...:D

HomerSimpson
2001-10-22, 20:29
When it's positively, absolutley, neccesary, I would like to test, too. So:

I'M YOUR TESTING MAN!
----------
Nights000, can you post the link to the BETA2map again, I missed it the first time.

nights000
2001-10-22, 20:48
sorrey i forgot to post it
how do you link to yahoo briefcases?
anyone can beta test at this stage i will just upload the files and anyone can give me feed back

HomerSimpson
2001-10-22, 20:53
I don't know, but it is possible (Dark Eyedol has it, too). Can't you make a public map, or something like that?(never used a briefcase, though) Maybe you can link directly to the files (I doubt that) and otherwise, just zip the files and put them on your geocities account. Hope that will do, and as soon as I get the maps, I'll give you feedback (pretty positive, FB2K will do the same:))

Atresica
2001-10-22, 20:53
HS, I have never seen such a pretty "No page found" gif :)

nights000
2001-10-22, 21:05
thanks for the sarcasim
there ya go
Citadel beta2 (http://briefcase.yahoo.com/lba_hl/)
its in work

HomerSimpson
2001-10-22, 22:35
Oke, it's now 22.33u at my place, and I got to go to school tomorrow, but I'll get up an hour too soon (A Diehard BETA tester, he:D), and then I'll check it out. Il comment on it, right after I played it, if I have time then, otherwise, I'll comment right after school (I am out at 12 o'clock in the morning on Tuesday, so that's pretty damn early:))

HomerSimpson
2001-10-23, 16:39
He Nights000 (and the other people who are interested in this)!

Wow, that took me WAY longer than I thougt, but I checked it out, and I have a bit criticism. I know it's just BETA, but here are a few things:

(I made screenshots of LBA and your map in HL, so you can compare the areas in it.)

My main point of critisicm are the slopes (I mean the angle of things, I thought it was called 'slopes') of the 'mountains' and the measurements of the map. Some areas in the map 'feel' to short. I know it's hard to do, because the players of HL are bigger then Twinsen and such, but I made shots, so you can compare the original Citadel Island and your map.

- The shots with a PURPLE line above it, mean that the slopes aren't good IMHO.
- The shots with a YELLOW line above it, mean that the measurements aren't quite right, according to me
- The shots with a GREEN line above it, are something else and I placed comments there with an arrow to it.

The shots which are marked are sometimes the LBA shots and sometimes the HL shots, I gave the shots the same number, so you can compare them by their number, but the HL shots have the text 'hl' after the number, and the LBA shots have the text 'lba' after it. So you can just sort them by name, and that's a bit easier.
For example: 01lba --------> 01hl

And I have another thing, when I want to go to the harbour, the game quits (I marked it in a screenshot), maybe it's just my HL version (1.1.0.8) or I did something wrong, but here is the error message:

==============================================
HL heeft een fout met betrekking tot een ongeldige pagina veroorzaakt in
module HW.DLL op015f:04942fa3.
Registers:
EAX=000000ff CS=015f EIP=04942fa3 EFLGS=00010206
EBX=00000008 SS=0167 ESP=0085cfb0 EBP=00000008
ECX=0622aec0 DS=0167 ESI=00000100 FS=2e5f
EDX=00000000 ES=0167 EDI=05239a60 GS=0000
Bytes in CS:EIP:
88 04 0a 42 83 fa 03 7c d8 d9 05 a0 5b 9f 04 d8
Stackdump:
00000000 01f1e2dc 00000000 00000063 00000100 00000001 00000000 02418eb8 00000008 01f1e2dc 04944269 00000006 00000008 007f7fe0 01f07834 01f1e2dc
----------------
The first line is my Dutch Windows version, but it says something like:
HL had an error relating to an erroronous (wrong spelling) caused in module HW.DLL and so on...
==============================================
I also have another error message, when I load your map, maybe it has something to do with eachother.
----------

Here is the link to the files containing the screenshots:

Screenshots LBA and HL part 1 (http://people.zeelandnet.nl/invaesie/lbadmbeta2comments1.zip)
Screenshots LBA and HL part 2 (http://people.zeelandnet.nl/invaesie/lbadmbeta2comments2.zip)

Total Downloadsize = 3,69 Megs.

If you can't open .pcx files, please say so, then I'll upload another one containing only .bmp's. I compared .jpg to .bmp and .pcx in a .zip file and the smallest is:
.pcx
.bmp
.jpg
So I decides NOT to make .jpg files. It's only .bmp (HL) and .pcx (LBA).
--------------------------
Nights000, please reply when you have the files, then the file will stay 1 week up for the other people, and then they go off my server, because I have limited bandwith, just like El:).
I recommend opening the 2 files with the same number at once, so you can compare them very good
Sorry for sounding a bit pessimistic about your map, I really am NOT pessimistic, but I think good criticism is welcome. I know it's only BETA, but I thought I could help you a bit, by doing this. I don't wan't to be an @<hidden>$$h0le, but I reallt think these thing could help you a bit.

I really don't think your map is bad, not at all! It's a good map, but it needs a few improvements. Keep up the good work, and I hope the project will still succeed, because I want to kill Twinsen, because Jerome Baldino is the real hero of LBA;)!
-------------------------
P.S.: This would be my longest reply ever!:D

Phoenix
2001-10-23, 20:25
Jeez, not being too critical there. From what it looks like, its very early beta, so its not suprising many things need a lot of adjustment. Let him get the rest of it done before he goes back to make such minor tweaks.

As for the error, I can't tell what it is, but I'm assuming its most probably due to illegal geometry, ie to many overlapping brushes or perhaps 2 vertices occupying the same coordinates. It could also be a leak, sometimes BSP comiling doesnt detect all leaks and it can cause a crash when the level is run.

Anyway, here is a little screeny collection of the map I started on of Citadel last year:

Some of the textures are out of alignment due to changing the WAD, also this render is from within Qoole, so Anti-aliasing and Masking isnt active, so It's not looking it's best.

Ok for the 60th edit of this post, use this link

Ok, getting annoying, damn hosts wont allow image linking

Go here, you'll get a 404 error, then keep the window open, and copy and paste the 2nd link in.
http://www.angelfire.com/film/groundzero

http://www.angelfire.com/film/groundzero/images/Citadel.jpg

http://www.angelfire.com/film/groundzero/images/Citadel.jpg

nights000
2001-10-23, 21:22
nice map phoenix do you still have it
i have downloaded the files and will edit the map latter thanks for the opinion it helps to get it 100% right i have already made some changes to the citadel map.
my hl version is 1.1.0.1 just for info
todayi was workin on the mp.dll
it compiled and....
....crashed...sh*t
but on a better note im on beta3 of a new emerald moon map most of the outside is finished and tomo5rrow ill start on the inside.

HomerSimpson
2001-10-23, 21:33
Jeez, not being too critical there. From what it looks like, its very early beta, so its not suprising many things need a lot of adjustment. Let him get the rest of it done before he goes back to make such minor tweaks.

Yeah, like I said, I like the map, and I know it's very early BETA, but I'm just trying to help here, Phoenix. But I found it very frustrating, when I had BETA testers for my Duke3D map (back in the days), they criticised it, and then it was the final version, and all new critics came up! THAT is frustrating.

And like I said: I'm not trying to put nights000 down, or being pessimistic about his work, but I only give him a few pointers. So, please don't hate me now:).
----------------
Indeed Phoenix, you textures look pretty good!
----------------
Great to see your signature has changed, nights000:).

CrOvAx
2001-10-24, 12:27
Strange, no one listens to me it seems. I think I allrdy said a couple of times that the model you see in my T2 map is made using worldcraft, which is a HALFLIFE editor ! So my model is allmost totally compatible with Halflife, and is allmost totally complete and rdy for use in a HalfLife map.

Okee, you must know it yourself if you want to build it from scratch if I have one for you that's rdy as it is, I don't mind....

<Edit>

If you want to get the proportions right, I think it's best to just count steps in LBA2 itself. Then calculate them to pixels in Halflife. I can do that by looking at the hight of a player in HalfLife, lets say 80 pixels. Then the door should be 100 pixels, the inside 120, and one step will be half the length of the player = 40 pixels. Or something like that....
That's how I did it, except with the length of a Tribes2 player in the back of my head....

</Edit>

HomerSimpson
2001-10-24, 14:48
Originally posted by CrOvAx
If you want to get the proportions right, I think it's best to just count steps in LBA2 itself. Then calculate them to pixels in Halflife. I can do that by looking at the hight of a player in HalfLife, lets say 80 pixels. Then the door should be 100 pixels, the inside 120, and one step will be half the length of the player = 40 pixels. Or something like that....

That's a good method, too. But, it is hard to point that out on screenshots, and in HL you just run, and don't step that often. I suggest using CrOvAx' map, nigths000, it is (almost?) done and it looks realy good. Or maybe you can use some of his textures for your own map...
So you can go further on making models and such(?)

CrOvAx
2001-10-24, 14:59
I didn't do it using screenshots. I've got some computers in one chamber, so I play LBA on one, and make my map on an other. That way I was able to get the proportions quite right IMHO.

Or I just put my little brother behind a computer to count steps, with which we then draw a map of Citadel Island with all the distances in steps.

The model that is usable for Half Life is quite rdy. I'll just add the trees. For my T2 map I need to build the Island itself in the T2-editor, and that's what I need to do next.

<Edit>
And the steps you count don't have anything to do with the steps you set in HalfLife or T2. It is just to get the proportions right, so everything "feels" right.
In tribes2 you fly most of the time.... :)
</Edit>

HomerSimpson
2001-10-24, 15:09
Originally posted by CrOvAx
I didn't do it using screenshots. I've got some computers in one chamber, so I play LBA on one, and make my map on an other. That way I was able to get the proportions quite right IMHO.

No, I get that, but steps are hard to point out in screenshots for ME. But, I think your maps looks very good, and it's up to nights000 if he wants to use it, or not.

CrOvAx
2001-10-24, 15:12
You don't have to count them on screenshots, just walk in the game and count. Fairly easy, you just have to walk all the streets, and the outside of the houses, and write the amount of steps down.

Thank you for your flattering opinion about my map :)

HomerSimpson
2001-10-24, 15:15
Yeah, I understand what you mean, but I only tested the map of nights000, I didn't create it. So, I'm only saying I couldn't use your method, BECAUSE i made screenshots. That's all:).

CrOvAx
2001-10-24, 15:44
Oh, we waren gewoon langs elkaar heen aan het lullen, kd8 ook al. (Sorry, can't say that in English. It's something like: We were just talking about the same, but then differently)

:)

HomerSimpson
2001-10-24, 16:47
Indeed, I hope wacko's superior post detector doesn't drop by, because we couldn't use another closed thread.

Atresica
2001-10-24, 21:08
his won't...

But mine will! }-)

Nah, there's nothing wrong with this row of posts, you didn't spam, you added a translation, and it DOES have a clear and usefull topic...

wacko
2001-10-24, 21:20
...and because you're a female moderator ;) :p

Nah, I must agree with Atresica.
Please go on with your conversations :D

nights000
2001-10-25, 22:06
hi
sorrey CrOvAx i forgot that you where making a map could you upload it for me please thanks i expect it to be better than mine because im not specialised in mapping i just try to do all the jobs for my mod.
well as citadel is almost finished by CrOvAx then i can carry on working on my emerald moon map
i have uploaded some new pix and beta6 of my citadel map to my yahoo briefcase
the pix are of twinsons fists (unanimated) and the emperors sword (100% Complete)
also there is an early pic of my emerald moon map
check out my website latter its not very complex but it will hold all the news on the mod.

by the way CrOvAx on your map you said that you needed to put the hill or somthing in ? what is the maps standing on at the momnet then?LBA-DM Website (http://www.geocites.com/lba_dm/index.html)

HomerSimpson
2001-10-25, 22:19
Hi, I think the Emerald moon map looks promising, the hands of Twinsen, too. The sword model looks good, too. (the pics aren't too high res, but it looks cool:))

nights000
2001-10-25, 22:23
low ress for quick upload

HomerSimpson
2001-10-25, 22:56
Indeed, but night000, I have some news. I tested it and it loads, but as soon as I start moving I get this error:
===================
HL heeft een fout met betrekking tot een ongeldige pagina veroorzaakt in
module HW.DLL op015f:04e62fa3.
Registers:
EAX=000000ff CS=015f EIP=04e62fa3 EFLGS=00210206
EBX=00000009 SS=0167 ESP=0085cfb0 EBP=00000009
ECX=0674aec0 DS=0167 ESI=00000100 FS=8b3f
EDX=00000000 ES=0167 EDI=05759a80 GS=0000
Bytes in CS:EIP:
88 04 0a 42 83 fa 03 7c d8 d9 05 a0 5b f1 04 d8
Stackdump:
00000000 020755c0 00000000 00000061 00000100 00000007 00000000 026ea3fc 00000009 020755c0 04e64269 00000007 00000009 007f7fdc 01f6cd44 020755c0
====================

It's an other error than I got in Beta 2, though. the number IN the module has changed (from HW.DLL op015f:04942fa3, to HW.DLL op015f:04e62fa3) and the stackdump has changed (from:

Stackdump:
00000000 01f1e2dc 00000000 00000063 00000100 00000001 00000000 02418eb8 00000008 01f1e2dc 04944269 00000006 00000008 007f7fe0 01f07834 01f1e2dc

to

Stackdump:
00000000 020755c0 00000000 00000061 00000100 00000007 00000000 026ea3fc 00000009 020755c0 04e64269 00000007 00000009 007f7fdc 01f6cd44 020755c0
)

I can see things when I don't move, though. And it looks better than before. But I can't test it, because I get these errors. Is it possible the .wad file (have it still from beta2) is too old? Or maybe some things are messed up.
I tried to reinstall HL, with no result. Also I tried to load it directly with the map/via the console/via online play. And all methods failed.

What should I do?

nights000
2001-10-26, 19:49
it might be that i compiled it unde version 1.1.0.1 of hl and they changed something or that it didn't finish compiling properly.
the origional error from the beta2 is because there was an invalid solid in the harbour so it would crash,
this new error might have something to do with the odd shape of the beach and so i carved alot and so there lots of new invalid solid my computer seem not to notice these though
if i dont get the map from CoVaX (not sure if thats right) then i will redo the beach.
i have started work on island cx i got a pic on my briefcase
ive updated my website

HomerSimpson
2001-10-26, 20:00
Great job, nights! Looking very good, so far!
The error can be from the beach, or anything else, I think. When I stand still, I can see the things, but when I start to move, it crashes. Anyway, hope you'll get the Citadel map from CrOvAx, so you can carry on, that would be so cooooool, a BETA when it's X-mas!

nights000
2001-10-26, 20:16
i think the invalid solid form the new beach has when compiled spread to large and out of the level which hl dosn't like!

HomerSimpson
2001-10-26, 23:31
Aha, but you don;t have problems with it when you run your 1.1.0.1 version of HL? Because then I'll uninstall my current HL edition and will throw my Game of the Year edition on it (was in HL Generation, so I have 2 HL:)). So then I can play it, in HL 1.1.0.1.

wacko
2001-10-26, 23:43
Why not upgrade to 1.1.0.8?

HomerSimpson
2001-10-26, 23:45
I have 1.1.0.8:), but when LBA Cit. Isl. at nights000, version 1.1.0.1 works fine, I should try it too. At my version, I got an error, but it could have been other influences, though.

nights000
2001-10-27, 21:12
i dont upgrade because i can't be bother to download the file
i have finished the outside of island cx
and redone the emperors sword so it looks more like the one on the front of the lba2 manual.
someother stuff is done check my website

HomerSimpson
2001-10-27, 21:15
OK, checking your site now.
But, does the map work at your version of HL, because I then will reinstall version 1.1.0.1 and it will work (I hope), can you tell me if this is usefull?

EDIT: WOW! Everything is looking very good! Especially Island CX and the emperor's sword are looking very good! Good job. I think the Twinsun/Zeeliche models are too dark. I don't know if this is just the picture, but if it's so dark in the game, it's too dark. I know you did it quick, but it's very good work!
P.S. When (on the site) you go to 'files', the link to your briefcase doesn't work. Try to remove the "www." before it, that should do the trick.

nights000
2001-10-27, 21:26
thanks for the tip on my site
dont bother with reinstalling hl ill fix the erros and upload beat6.5
thaks for the compelments
can you do 2dart in paint shop pro?

HomerSimpson
2001-10-27, 21:36
Ok, I'll just wait for the next version. About the 2d arts part, I never did it before, so what do you want me to do exactly? I have PSP. Is it editing textures and such? If it is, I think I can handle that.

nights000
2001-10-27, 21:48
you can either try to do collecting textures from the insides of building in lba2 or anywhere in lba1 the tutorials on how to do this are at the old LBA-DM site the link is under this section of the forum on the front forum page.
or you could go to www.planethalflife.com and find a tutorial on how to do front ends for halflife u know the menu
if you can do either of these i will be gratefull
ive edited my site (the link to my briefcase)

HomerSimpson
2001-10-27, 21:58
Oke, I'll try the textures part (because I don't understand the other one:)). You can extract the textures with LBADeCOMP, right? If not, how should I do it? I believe someone has done this before, or wanted to put it on the site (it would be very handy).

nights000
2001-10-27, 22:04
no the textures from lba2 (lbadecomp) are already done we need the texture that arnt stored there
the tutorial is at www.lba-dm.co.uk
and the other option i need you to basically
when you load up hl in the back gorung there is a picture
i need you to design that picture
thanks

HomerSimpson
2001-10-27, 22:10
Aha, I'll try the textures first, and the front-end sounds like fun! Anyway, I'm going to check the tutorial. If for some odd reason you need screenshots from LBA1, just say so, because I'm currently replaying LBA1 (I made screenshots for the RMP of WHOLE Citadel Island for DarkFlame's RMP, he has made a map of it). So just name it.

EDIT: Reading the tutorial, how convenient! If you need a mini map of Citadel Island, ask DarfFlame. If you need the full shots (if maybe I can't make the textures), then ask me (I still have the shot of Citadel Island).
I can go as far as step 3 (because I don't have Adobe Photoshop). Maybe I can find a demo version somewhere, but I currently do not have it.

nights000
2001-10-28, 09:39
photoshop is only needed to do the wall textures but you can still do floor texture with paintshop pro
if you could i could do with some screenshots of principal island because i have a half finshed port map from wako

HomerSimpson
2001-10-28, 09:43
Oke, I'll make some shots from Principal Island. What areas do you want me to do more. Do you need insides of the houses, too? So, I can't do wall textures, so I send the walls to you. The floor textures I'll try to do myself. If you want to contact me, mail me at my profile's email.

Greetings,
Homer.

nights000
2001-10-28, 17:24
the wall texture can be done in paint shop pro
on the selected screenshot increase the colour depth,
got to image>deformations>skew and for the 2 diffrent wall faces either do vertical 26 or -26
easy see
we need indoor textures too
Arjo needs the Rebelion island textures
ive started on the inside of Island CX
up to now it going well but i got no pics so ill upload some latter.

HomerSimpson
2001-10-28, 17:47
Oke, nights, but I can't find the deformations button, under images in PSP. And I don't know what 'skew' means, so I can't check it out myself. Please inform me.

Darkflame
2001-10-28, 17:49
Newer versions of PSP have Skew built into the Modifier controll.
(hold down shift and click on the selections handles)

nights000
2001-10-28, 17:51
it is 9 down in the menu i think and skew is when the top is moved across and the bottom stays still

HomerSimpson
2001-10-28, 17:55
Oke, thanks. I found it.