PDA

View Full Version : Translating LBA1

Gergely
2002-01-12, 20:50
Hello Everyone!

I love the LBA DeComp, because with the help of it I can translate the game to any language I want. (and I can) :)
But I would have a question. For LBA1 all the speech files are in voc format. I have no programme that would be able to manage voc files, so I have to convert it to wav with a dos converter. I have to record it in wav format and would have to convert it back to voc format. I have a wav2voc converter that always freezes or creates invalid formats. What format of wav file must I use to be able to convert back to LBA voc format. Or is my method completely wrong? Thanx for your help guys in advance...

Gergely

Gergely
2002-01-12, 22:21
Ok. I found a solution in Wham audio. With some twist I was able to create a voc format LBA1 requested, but I would have some questions about LBA DeComp. If I pack voc files into an hqr the files doesn't get devided and when recalled in the program (LBA1) they all get played from the requested file untill the last file in the hqr. Do you know how to solve the problem?

Gerg

Atresica
2002-01-13, 13:24
I would first like to ask you why you wish the translate the voc files, unless you have some voice actors, it's useless to touch them. Instead, it is posseble to edit the text files very easely. You need to extract a serten HRQ with LBADeComp (I though text.hrq) and you can edit it with LBAreader. If you're done editing it, you need to pack it in exactly the same order as the original is packed. Hopefully, you will get the english voice, but the translated text.

I've only tried with LBA 2, but that didn't worked that well because the LBADeComp was written for LBA 1. So I hope this will work

Gergely
2002-01-13, 19:24
Yeah that's right Atresica! First of all thanx for your reply. I was able to translate text, it's only the sound. I figured out what's wrong but I still would need help. LBA DeComp says; "error: Unable to write D:\projects\...\offsetlist.txt. As that's my CD-ROM drive I'm not that surprised, but why does it want to write it there. I guess that's what's midiing from the files and that's why LBA1 thinks of the hqr as one big voc file.

And for the reason, I want to translate it because as in my country English is not the first language children usually don't speak either good English, French or German, altough I think it's a game they shouldn't miss, because it's so fun. It is even more fun if speech is translated too. In my family there are tens of children dieing to understand this game because they think it's fun they just never understand what it says.

kaderoboy
2002-01-13, 20:03
Gregely: It's great to see that you're showing such a great game to children who can't understand English. Unfortunately I can't really help you much at the moment, but when you get to the point of translating the voice files, wouldn't you need some voice actors? Translating the whole game by yourself with different voices etc. would need quite a lot of work! :)

Alchemist
2002-01-13, 20:08
Originally posted by kaderoboy
Unfortunately I can't really help you much at the momentAre you still on your holiday? Or are you too lame to change your signature?

kaderoboy
2002-01-14, 16:54
I got back a day or two ago, so I am going to change it anytime now along with my avatar. And what's this about being lame?

Atresica
2002-01-14, 21:59
Originally posted by Gergely
Yeah that's right Atresica! First of all thanx for your reply. I was able to translate text, it's only the sound. I figured out what's wrong but I still would need help. LBA DeComp says; "error: Unable to write D:\projects\...\offsetlist.txt. As that's my CD-ROM drive I'm not that surprised, but why does it want to write it there. I guess that's what's midiing from the files and that's why LBA1 thinks of the hqr as one big voc file.

hmm, that might be diffuld, since I can't try it myself (I lost my freaking copy and I ain't to happy about it)
I think the patchname you wish to write it too it located at that place. You can solute it by changing it (I'm sure that's posseble)
Are you sure the hqr is packed as one?
also, I would first advice you too put everything on your HD before you burn it

I hope this helps a bit

Gergely
2003-01-24, 14:44
Sorry guys!

I haven't been here for a while. But I have a problem with the text translator (text reader) of LBADeComp. After a certain size of correcting, replacing text in the lbt files it would just start erasing the first letters of the rest of the texts from the bottom, then the second letters and finally the whole thing, so I'm able to translate only the first half of all text files, then it is just empty. It can't save it properly, thet's the problem. Any help? Any suggestion what could happen there? Thanks in advance!

Gergely ;)
:?

ChaosFish
2003-01-24, 17:28
You should use HQR file manager (http://www.emeraldmoon.republika.pl/D_Prog_EN.htm) by Kakadudu. I'm using it to translating LBA1 to hebrew (I only translate the text thoug), it's really cool! (if anyone wants to see an LBA1 hebrew screenshot pm me :) )

Gergely
2003-01-26, 17:30
Thanx a lot!

ps.: Hebrew?! That must be cool looking in a game like this, at least for someone like me. Keep it up, if you are finished load it up somewhere? Is there a place anyway where translated text files could be put up? :diploma:

ChaosFish
2003-01-26, 22:35
Of course I'll upload it, it will be available to download from the MBN when it's finished. (I'm pretty sure El would be glad to add any LBA related file to the MBN files section (which reminds me, he didn't add Kakadudu's programs yet... :-/))

Gergely
2003-01-26, 23:49
Ok, that's cool!

I'm already at about 27.465% done. :)
Everything goes great now, although HQR manager is a bit hard to get used to. :eek: but I'm on it, hope to be able to cope with it. LBA text editor is easy to use, so that's cool :diploma: so thanx for emerald m:moon: :moon: n base for that.

Gregorius

ChaosFish
2003-01-27, 11:39
I haven't managed to use LBA text editor, use El Muerte's "LBA Text Viewer" included with LBADeCOMP, it can also edit and it works.

Gergely
2003-01-27, 19:07
No, no! That's the thing (LBA text viewer with LBADeComp) that doesn't work for me. That's the one that starts to scratch everything out from the back. It might be my WinMe, but it doesn't work properly for me. Anyway I don't know where to get the latest one of that anyway, cause the one on MBN, I cannot get, page not found error. LBA text editor works fine with me.

Gergely

Gergely
2003-01-31, 20:14
I would have a question once more, but this time about font editor. To translate the game completely i needed to redo the font of the game. Now I made a stupid mistake of modifying the 'OK' section, that is on code 13, which is the enter, so now I get these stars every time there is an (enter) in the text, is there a way to redo it, without having to redo the whole file?

Gregorius

(damn, I forgot to sign in again) :eek:

Gergely
2003-02-02, 20:04
I'm ready, phew :D !
So, where should I post the files, because for some reason I'm not sure wheather I am supposed to send it to an MBN site or address, wheather to somewhere else. By the way, is there a reason why LBADeComp is unavailable from everywhere around MBN? :?

ChaosFish
2003-02-02, 20:40
Already? Cool! :)
I think you should send it to El... and Kakadudu. And LBADeCOMP is available from the files section.

Lgr
2003-02-20, 15:02
27.465% done

Lol :D

Yeh, I'd recommend sending it to El.

ChaosFish
2003-02-20, 15:20
He already did, check the files section!

Fireball
2003-02-22, 06:44
Originally posted by Atresica
hmm, that might be diffuld, since I can't try it myself (I lost my freaking copy and I ain't to happy about it)
I think the patchname you wish to write it too it located at that place. You can solute it by changing it (I'm sure that's posseble)
Are you sure the hqr is packed as one?
also, I would first advice you too put everything on your HD before you burn it

I hope this helps a bit

Ahhhh! Atresica's mad! DUUUCK! RUUUUUN! AAAAAhhh!