PDA

View Full Version : F4-toys sinanced, by what?

MBN Bot
2003-02-16, 15:57
As many people know, it took 4-6 months till Frederick's company, F4-toys, began to work. In previous conversations fred mentioned to me that they were waiting for good finance. I believed at first it was probably the unfamiliar Bruno heintz who may have helped finance the company, also since they put his name up before freds when announcing the people behind the new company...

News posted by axx

Axx
2003-02-16, 16:13
Bruno heintz was working with a company which had a project to make computer generated realistic life form, based on applying mathematical equations into programs, or so i understood. He took a main position in that company, still it is not clear as to why he left it. I believe he is a goood financial state, but making games, the companies, labour pay, and other form of capital investment would cost far more than one man can bare. While i was conducting frquent searches i found the following article
Go to december 2002 archieves (http://www.gaming.hexus.net/ )
Infogrames have announced they have sold the rights to Frederick Raynal's Alone In The Dark to Boll Kino. Mr Boll is currently working on a similar-yet-competing film based on Sega's House of the Dead games. Both are, very probably, cashing in on the success of Resident Evil.
i had seen an article which was presenting a meeting that had taken place between Frederick Raynal and his former boss, bruno bonnel, one of the managers of infrogames. Back in the early 1990's he took interest in the ideas of frederick raynal, leading to the very succesfull Alone in the dark. Bruno bonnel hadnt given fred any royalties, and above that took the agreement between them, exploited it, and continued the series without freds precense, which left noticeable defects in the coming series.
Now read the followwing article:
The article, and some pictures (in french) (http://www.overgame.com/page/12303.htm)
The old disagreement between Bruno Bonnell and Frédérick Raynal belongs to the large-small history of the video games in France. At the beginning of the Nineties, then young creator with an insane project (Alone in The Dark), Frédérick Raynal had found in Infogrames an interested editor. Only here, when the play became the critical and commercial success which one knows, the contract signed between the two parties proved not to favour frankly its author. Alone in The Dark is transformed then into licence for Infogrames which initiates continuations (Alone 2 and 3) without Frédérick Raynal not touching royalties on the million francs which Infogrames garners. The fachery becomes famous, Raynal, resigned, but not with course of projects, the centre of Infogrames leaves to create Little Big Adventure. The two men obviously met since, but their destinies were definitively separate: with the conquest of the world, Bonnell continuous to exploit Alone in The Dark with one 4th episode, and Raynal, anxious to make safe its projects and its team, had become, with Stereotyped No, a studio 100% Sega (see Actu: Sega Releases Stereotyped No). But the History, the large one, like that of the video games, is full with surprises, unforeseeable ways. Even if one could anticipate it, the brutal stop of Dreamcast is, for example, a shock, a jolt which one does not measure the repercussions yet. What one notices, in all the cases, it is that, suddenly, of the enemy brothers like Sega and Nintendo, or even Sony, start to work, either in concurence, but together. Thus, to take again the words of Bruno Bonnell, if the market undoubtedly obliges to face "the reality of the divergence", we nevertheless began "to dream" with a "convergence". That Raynal, its team and her project ambitious Agartha find as a Bruno Bonnell an attentive ear runs source. The French talents are not so numerous, the editors with the means of encouraging them either. Now that Stereotyped No is to be sold, Raynal and Bonnell had to meet, undoubtedly even during this show cannois. Being likely to cross their road to both during this Milia, our dream of convergence of the interests suddenly took form. To require has Frédérick Raynal and Bruno Bonnell to agree to meet in front of journalists is as culotté of our share as courageous of their. Knowing the two respective characters, their force, their plume and their needs, the dream of convergence was to be able to be done. Perhaps in neutral ground under the benevolent eye of our camera, the two men tightened the hand, mouse, a little listened to one and the other, to be given seriously go a little later. The year 2001 is definitively a year hinge. Who knows what it still holds for us...
In the end, it seems that fred met with bruno, sold some sort of rights to bol kino, but its a fate chance, now you state, did they or not benefit from the sale of rights?

Double-J
2003-02-16, 16:25
You didn't have to delete my posts, but thanx. :p

Axx
2003-02-16, 17:06
Originally posted by Double-J
You didn't have to delete my posts, but thanx. :p
i had too, now please, on topic only:)

HomerSimpson
2003-02-16, 19:53
Interesting informationhttp://forum.magicball.net/images/icons/icon14.gif

Rex_Hollywood
2003-02-16, 22:43
So Bruno gave money to F4 Toys for the AITD rights?

Gustav Sweden
2003-02-17, 01:11
http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/urltrurl?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.overgame.com%2Fpage%

Translated to English.

Stereotyped No = NoCliche :p

Double-J
2003-02-17, 05:21
Thanx for the translation...;)

Does this mean F-4 toys can become a "serious" developer now?

Axx
2003-02-17, 13:59
Originally posted by FireBall2K
So Bruno gave money to F4 Toys for the AITD rights?
reading the posts i put id say he did, yet why would bruno need to give fred money anyway?

jj- i think they will become a serious developer, theres somthing about trium planeta which f4-toys, fred in specific, are very excited about, he also mentioned "im making a game 100x better than lba" so i believe it will be a hit, agartha was like a european shenmue, i hate the fact it wasnt released:(

Rex_Hollywood
2003-02-17, 14:25
Originally posted by Axx
reading the posts i put id say he did, yet why would bruno need to give fred money anyway?

Eh...because he bought the rights...
:?

Axx
2003-02-17, 17:09
Originally posted by FireBall2K
Eh...because he bought the rights...
:?
no, read this again
"Infogrames have announced they have sold the rights to Frederick Raynal's Alone In The Dark to Boll Kino."
they sold freds part of the rights to boll kino, fred never gave up the rights with infrogames, to use the copyright so on, so i believe he no longer has the rights, but gained money from selling them...

Double-J
2003-02-21, 22:32
Offtopic: could FB2K or Axx change your avatars, they are so close, I have to look to see who is posting what. :p

Axx
2003-02-22, 06:28
Originally posted by Double-J
Offtopic: could FB2K or Axx change your avatars, they are so close, I have to look to see who is posting what. :p
no i had mine first:P

Double-J
2003-02-23, 00:58
That's your RMP design isn't it?

Jon
2003-03-17, 07:56
:mad: why did it take them so long to make this company?

morshem
2003-03-17, 09:13
There are some things you don't know... ;)

Darkflame
2003-03-17, 14:56
hmz.....I may not be too good at spelling but I think that "s" in the title should be an "f".

morshem
2003-03-17, 19:53
What does that mean? :?

Jon
2003-03-18, 08:44
:ufo: yeah what are u talking about:?

morshem
2003-03-18, 08:46
Oh, I get it, he means it's supposed to "financed" (instead of "sinanced") :p . I thought you were talking about the F in F4-Toys that should be replaced with an S, or something :stupid:.

Darkflame
2009-03-16, 09:17
F4Toys is/was a company, not a game.

Dino-Fly
2009-03-16, 14:43
Well, that a pretty sucky way for him to start his MBN membership.:p

BTW, does F4-Toys still exist?

ChaosFish
2009-03-16, 16:38
I didn't play the F4 toys. Where's buy it. I want to try it.
There's something fishy about this post...

Streg
2009-03-16, 17:12
he's obviously a spammer...

Darkflame
2009-03-16, 18:38
Why?
The phrase he uses, say "Where's buy it. I want to try it." dosnt get any google hits.

I think your too quick to jump the gun. Not all "drop in random posts" are from Spammers.

Dino-Fly
2009-03-16, 18:47
If he posts links to random naked Chinese chocolate spas, then we'll know.
Innocent until proven guilty.

ChaosFish
2009-03-16, 19:02
Why?
The phrase he uses, say "Where's buy it. I want to try it." dosnt get any google hits.

I think your too quick to jump the gun. Not all "drop in random posts" are from Spammers.
I was more suspicious of the random link to a commercial site at the end of the post.

Darkflame
2009-03-16, 19:40
Yes, but it was a french translation service in a thread whoses source is a frence artical.
Not nesscerly a completely random link.

elmuerte
2009-03-16, 20:09
it's spam

Medur
2009-03-17, 14:53
It's just SEO, he's linking to his website from a source with relevant context. That makes the link less suspicious to Google which is exactly what he wants.

Darkflame
2009-03-17, 15:44
So its someone manualy spamming then? Do we get that much linking to be worth it for that :?

Medur
2009-03-17, 15:53
Well, we have an established domain with a large amount of internal linking and a decent amount of back links. It is not impossible that his post was automatized to some extent, though it is unlikely. If you think about the time it takes to register an account and post, it is a worhwhile investment to do it manually, especially if your website is young or if you're trying to anchor it with a few specific keywords/search queries. You don't necessarily need a lot of links to rank well; a few good quality links will often suffice.