PDA

View Full Version : Winhqr

Blafards61
2005-01-04, 04:57
Hi there,i downloaded WINHQR and I opened ANIM.HQR (LBA2) to hope seeing all the animation (2083 animations ! :-/ ) I have all of them,where can I find their name? I want Zoe's one but I only see their number...

Battler
2005-01-04, 11:09
- Blafards61: I have not yet implemented the descriptions in my program. However, I'm making a new program, which will replace WinHQR. It's called LBA Explorer. And it will have compression, descriptions, etc. So I suggest you to wait until that or to use LBA Package Editor by Zink.

Golemboy
2005-01-04, 14:34
blafard, for now you cant edit lba2 in the way you want. things you can edit are now:
LBA1:
all maps, text + fonts, scene (actors and where they go, but not what they do), music, just about everything except for actor life scripts

LBA2:
rooms (not outside maps), actors (what they look like and where they move but again not what they do), music, text and fonts

in terms of switching around HQR entries, check the file information site. if it isnt listed there, you cant do it

Battler
2005-01-04, 14:42
LBA2:
rooms (not inside maps), actors (what they look like and where they move but again not what they do), music, text
Think, what you write, man. Of course we can edit the INSIDE maps. Only the OUTSIDE maps we can ONLY BARELY edit. And don't forget the images and fonts in both games. :-/

Golemboy
2005-01-04, 14:49
woops :D srry, its very early in morning for me and i just got up (well actually its 1.45PM, but hey, i went to sleep at 3, so thats 10 hours sleep and i feel perfectly justified. plus its the hols :p) anway, yeah edited. what do you mean about 'barely edit' ile files? i thought you said we cant get at them? but then again you also said that horadrim opened one in bodyViewer, so all in all that makes me quite confused

Zink
2005-01-04, 16:28
Even with my Package Editor you will ot be able to find these animations becayse they have not been described yet. There are only first 88 entries described and they are all about Twinsen.

Golemboy
2005-01-04, 17:30
obras is working on a lba2 anim list, i dont know how far he is

Blafards61
2005-01-04, 18:36
I heard of that,he said to me to way a few days....That means how many days?!?

Battler
2005-01-04, 19:17
woops :D srry, its very early in morning for me and i just got up (well actually its 1.45PM, but hey, i went to sleep at 3, so thats 10 hours sleep and i feel perfectly justified. plus its the hols :p) anway, yeah edited. what do you mean about 'barely edit' ile files? i thought you said we cant get at them? but then again you also said that horadrim opened one in bodyViewer, so all in all that makes me quite confusedJust to clear the things out: I said we don't have a proper program for editing them, but Horadrim did manage to open one of the models in those .OBL files in bodyViewer, and you can swap the buildings, etc.

Even with my Package Editor you will ot be able to find these animations becayse they have not been described yet. There are only first 88 entries described and they are all about Twinsen.obras is working on a lba2 anim list, i dont know how far he isI heard of that,he said to me to way a few days....That means how many days?!?
OK. I'm going to tell you a story. It's about a double-dealer, called ChaosFish. He promised me by PM, that he will help me with the LBA 2 ANIM.HQR list, but he never did. And I think he never will. I need some help, guys. It's 2084 entries! How can I do it alone? The body list was hell enough... It may also take a week, you know. I need some help for this. :-/

ChaosFish
2005-01-04, 19:20
Yes, I intended to start it but then I got busy with other things.

Sorry, but I don't have time for making this list in the near future. I didn't PM you about that because I thought I'd do it eventually, but as it seems now I'm not so sure.

Blafards61
2005-01-04, 19:34
Someone is making another EDITOR.With it,we will be able to see the 2083 animation.

But the problem is,if we try animation by animation to make a list...

1)It will be really long

2)When we do that,we don't know wich character's animation is.

3) The positive thing is that they are placed in order that we meet them,I mean Zoe's animation should be after Twinsen's one because she's the first character that we meet.Dino-Fly should be the second ....

You know what I mean...

Battler
2005-01-04, 19:49
ChaosFish: I didn't say I don't want your help anymore. I just said I need more than one person to help me.
Blafards61: With yaz0r's body and anim viewer (which HAS already BEEN released), it is possible to determine, what person certain animations belong to. But for its use, I only have to discover, how the anims are stored in File3D. When it wil be done... will you help me?
Golemboy: Will you help me to?
Zink: Will you help me to?

Blafards61
2005-01-04, 19:51
I downloaded Yaz0r's viewer but don't know why,I can only see Twisen's body....anyway I will help you because I need that animation ! :D

Battler
2005-01-04, 19:53
- Blafards: How about enabling the animations in the viewer? And, thanks for your help.

ChaosFish
2005-01-04, 19:54
ChaosFish: I didn't say I don't want your help anymore.
I never thought you did :)

Zink
2005-01-04, 20:09
I'm sorry but I will not be able ot help you in near future. I have a couple of started projects, and I can't really take another ones.

Golemboy
2005-01-04, 20:58
ill give you a hand, the only thing is that how do you determine which entry you are at when bodyViewer shows animations it only gives the animetion for that body, ie 0 1 2 3 for each body, so how do you tell the entry number without having to add up all the animations for the previous entities?

Blafards61
2005-01-04, 23:37
Ho,I find how to select the character....so that mean that we can edit posture and animation?!?

Blafards61
2005-01-04, 23:59
I just tried something that you shouldn't do.With the viewer,I saw that ZoƩ has 14 anim and the Pingouin's body was before her,so,I guest that her animation will start at #90.But...well...when I'm standing,I'm seeing Zoe...doing strange thing,like throwing something,what's of the hell,is the animation of ZOE !!!!

Edit1 : I find why....don't know why,but after the list of twinsen's animation,there is OTHER twinsen's animation...but these animations are already in the list.....huh?!? :?

Edit2: I have one question.In LBA1,I replace Twinsen normal mode walking,by Zoe walking.But It changes my speed,I'm slower now.So I had that question,If I replace Twisen's body by the Dinofly one and I change the animation WALKING by the Dino-Fly animation "FLYING",will I fly ?

Battler
2005-01-05, 12:11
- Blafards61:
1. It's not throwing. It's turning. It's because the viewer does this: RUN ANIMATION -> RESET -> RUN ANIMATION, instead of RUN ANIMATION -> RUN ANIMATION.
2. Explain yourself better, please.
3. You will fly, but only ahead, and it will be uncontrollable. To control the flying, do this: replace all the Twinsen Walking animations with Twinsen with Proto-Pack animations. It's the only way.

Golemboy
2005-01-05, 14:03
whats this? i thought anims were independant of actor move speed, height etc as these things are handled by the engine? does changing the animation cause the little collision cube to be altered, considering that they are the same body? same with move speed; i though the animation speed and rotation speed (is that the same as move speed?) are decided by the scene data

Battler
2005-01-05, 15:07
OK. I'm currently trying to decipher, how the anims are saved in File3D. When I succeed, I'll release the complete number list.

- Golemboy: Just create me a table with the following columns:
Entity,
Anim-Entity Instance,
ANIM.HQR Entry (create this column, but leave it empty),
and Description.

In a ASCII text (.TXT) format, please.

Golemboy
2005-01-05, 17:40
wud it not be easier to do it in excel then export it to word or notepad?

Battler
2005-01-05, 18:26
- Golemboy: OK. Make it in Excel.

Blafards61
2005-01-05, 21:36
Well,do you have almost finish that List?

Golemboy
2005-01-05, 23:25
where should i start?
EDIT:
ok, ill start from the end and then i cant go wrong :D

Golemboy
2005-01-06, 00:48
ok, ive done 170 entries, starting from the end and backwards. entity 321 is the pickaxe, the anim instance is set to 0 and the box greyed out; does it actually have an animation entry? except otherwise it will mess up the total working out the entires

Battler
2005-01-06, 11:03
- Golemboy: You don't have to describe the entities, but the animations. For entities, you only have to put the numbers.

Golemboy
2005-01-06, 12:02
no, what i mean is that im not sure if the pickaxe actually has an animation, being as it is perfectly still. so if i put in a random one in the list where there shouldnt be one then it will sckew up the tally that relates to which entry is which when it is compiled

Battler
2005-01-06, 13:00
- Golemboy: If the box is grayed out, then it doesn't have any anims. Just write N/A, where you see the box is grayed out.

Blafards61
2005-01-07, 18:40
Sorry if I can't really help you,but when I try,it's suck...I do everything that I can do to find the animations... :)

Golemboy
2005-01-07, 20:21
but if there is an extra anim in there as N/A when you add up al the entires wont it be uneven?