Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > The site and forum
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The site and forum Place your comments about the Magic Ball Network here. Talk here about the Magicball Network and the forum.

Closed Thread

Old 2007-10-21, 16:14
Do the evolution.

Send a message via MSN to Jasiek Send a message via Skype™ to Jasiek
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBrasilo View Post
I think it's obvious, that it's just because the accused person here is Anakin. I believe that if it was Dino-Fly, no-one would have commented at all, and actually, the moment he got his first Ban, people would have started to want him Perma-Banned as well. This is just yet another example, of how newbies can't even start an innocent Dating thread here, but oldbies can do whatever shit they want. Nice going, really.
Aaaand you just right now deleted a post of yours explaining your sockpuppet situation in the past...

Quote:
Originally Posted by morshem View Post
What makes you think that? Nothing in his post implies that. Also, his post was made yesterday morning, and about 12 hours later he said this in the mods forum: "He really sounds nothing like anakin. I dunno."
http://forum.magicball.net/showpost....80&postcount=5

right after it I said it was a good call, and he said

http://forum.magicball.net/showpost....7&postcount=19

So he knew about the sockpuppet, that's pretty straightforward, or didn't think it was such a big deal, otherwise he would have recalled his previous decision imidiately instead of saying "thanks"?
Old 2007-10-21, 16:19
Magic level: Ice Ball

Send a message via MSN to morshem
This was written after we found out he's a sock puppet.

To clarify things, we first knew for 100% when "Dredg" reported some post, and we saw that his e-mail address happened to be Anakin's Yahoo!'s instant messaging address. That was at around 18:00 PM GMT+2 yesterday. Lightwing's post was written a couple of hours after that.
Old 2007-10-21, 16:22
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasiek
Aaaand you just right now deleted a post of yours explaining your sockpuppet situation in the past...
Yes, I deleted it, even though I am going to explain it here. My only sock-puppets here were RussF-16 and El_Mexicana. All the other people are my friends, some even proven to be real people by Atresica herself. That's all.
Old 2007-10-21, 16:23
Do the evolution.

Quote:
This was written after we found out he's a sock puppet.

To clarify things, we first knew for 100% when "Dredg" reported some post, and we saw that his e-mail address happened to be Anakin's Yahoo!'s instant messaging address. That was at around 18:00 PM GMT+2 yesterday. Lightwing's post was written a couple of hours after that.
And he still didn't recall his decision, but said "thanks"? Also you didn't really need a lot of proof to see it's Anakin, and I bet Lightwing had suspicions, and while having those suspicions he unbanned him? Clearly shows he didn't think it was such a big deal?
Old 2007-10-21, 16:25

I don't know why he unbanned him.
And as I said, he probably wasn't suspicious.
And as I said, Anakin never served any ban period, although he was supposed to.
Old 2007-10-21, 16:26
Magic Ball Master

Send a message via MSN to LBAWinOwns
Obras - Oh please, don't tell me that "Remember Talles" guy wasn't your sockpuppet...

LBA Image Creator project
(image by leoboe! )

Get the Jump-Save-Bug graphically explained here
Old 2007-10-21, 16:27

Who's the "Remember Talles" guy?
Actually, didn't DedalousDiggle have such an avatar?
Old 2007-10-21, 16:29
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
- LBAWinOwns: If he got Permanently Banned, then he is. Otherwise, he's not. And please, don't start a rage against me about that after 3 years. It's just not needed.
Old 2007-10-21, 16:33
Do the evolution.

Undermining one mods decision is a very poor action, especially when it was Lightwing who banned him in the first place? It does look like a personal grudge. So I don't know, either when you are being very formal about the rules you should respect the other mods decision, or you loosen up, like you did by banning Anakin again in wich case it means the rules shouldnt' be as strict anymore? I see serious inconsequence.
Old 2007-10-21, 16:51
Madman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasiek View Post
Undermining one mods decision is a very poor action, especially when it was Lightwing who banned him in the first place?
True, there should be more communication and consensus. But by that same token - was it not "very poor action" for Lightwing to arbitrarily reinstate Anakin without getting a consensus from the rest of the mods?
Old 2007-10-21, 16:57
Do the evolution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-J View Post
True, there should be more communication and consensus. But by that same token - was it not "very poor action" for Lightwing to arbitrarily reinstate Anakin without getting a consensus from the rest of the mods?
Still he was the one who banned Anakin in the first place, shouldn't he get the decisive voice in this matter, especially as the rules imo leave place for interpretation?

Anyway Morshem should have contacted lightwing privately first, and if Lightwing would've been outvoted by the other mods, he should be the one posting the news? Otherwise like Gustav said, this does look like a personal grudge.
Old 2007-10-21, 17:01

Why would it be personal if I wasn't involved with the reason Anakin was banned on the first place?
Anakin, under the disguise of "Dredg", pissed off many people. Me included, that's true, but not only me. So this is not "personal", this is "for the community's sake".

Lightwing said in the first post of this thread that Anakin seems to have learnt his lesson. I doubt that very much, seeing all of Dredg's behaviour, and Anakin "coming back" with smiles and stuff, as if nothing happened.

I just shortened the ban to one day. If Anakin keeps treating this forum like his own playground when he comes back, I'll recommend a much longer ban.
Old 2007-10-21, 17:36
Madman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasiek View Post
Still he was the one who banned Anakin in the first place, shouldn't he get the decisive voice in this matter, especially as the rules imo leave place for interpretation?
Isn't that the kind of unilateral decision making that you're criticizing Morshem for though? That he didn't consult with Lightwing before rebanning Anakin?

I mean, I understand your point, that since Lightwing banned Anakin, he has some sort of pseudo-claim on the case, but I don't know if that ultimately is fair anyways. The mods should work as a team in all matters, not as individuals, unless the matter is quite small and commonsense (i.e. a spambot).

When it comes to a case involving someone who is, as by Gustav's definition so long ago, an "MBN celebrity" (read: a long-tenured member who is well known throughout the forums), I would hope that the entire mod team would have a consensus for the best solution.

I don't think it can be had both ways. I, personally, feel that Morshem has the correct logic here. Anakin never really served his original penalty because he sockpuppeted. Since sockpuppeting in and of itself is against the rules, it should result in disciplinary action; compounding that fact is that Anakin "created" Dredg in order to circumvent previous moderator action.

Again, I see both sides, so please don't infer that I'm leaning one way or the other. I like Anakin very much since he first came on the scene here. But if we all want a forum with consistent, fair moderation, honest debate on these actions is the only course for improvement.
Old 2007-10-21, 19:24
formerly just angry

I am with Double-J on this. I have nothing against Anakin but he never did the time which went with his ban (whether or not we agree with that). I think the mods have done a decent job in the circumstances
Old 2007-10-21, 19:25
Idot

Send a message via ICQ to Aule
Aaah, i feel updated, now to the issues at hand!

Morshem, who are you to speak "for the community's sake", i know you are a mod, but didnt you become a mod under the term of not banning anyone. I mean, you have history of keeping up personal grudges, like a hyperlink to make people ignore certain members (cant bother finding the post now, but im sure you remember). So is it really your call to override LWs decition based on your own opinions and what you belive to be "for the community's sake".

About being "banned fo 4 days" because of his puppet, its not like he can sway opinions and be like a normal member when he has to take the shape of a new member, example.

Here we can clearly responses like:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosFish
Lightwing is a moderator, you're not. Thread closed, shut up. MBN is a dictatorship and it's fine that way.
While thank you mr. chaosfish, he really had the oppertunity to discuss stuff there didnt he?

And who can forget:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LW
I know. I know. It's all so illogical. But then again, I am an EViL mod~
Nice going there mr moderator-man real professional.

And later, the smooth mr CF comes bach with a wooping:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosFish
Sorry to be blunt, but No One Owes You An Explanation.
This is a society, and some behaviors are not accepted. Not everything is spelled out in words. Use your brain.

Orly? who are you to decide whats acceptable or not, i mean you so cool with you fuck-the-system-like "god is dead" blundering.

and my personal favourite, mr Dino-fly himself:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino-Fly
Dredg, you are a noob, yet you speak as if you were here before El.
I mean, your the real veteran here! Seriously, how can he forward his opinion when he gets that kind of crap from a guy who has been here 4 months.

Quote:
Is it my fault he's flaming me for my beliefs?
and

Quote:
You killing innocent babies because their parents are morons, and now, you spam it everywhere, because you are looking for a flame war, why else would you do it then, and now, you put it in your sig, and then you complain when I say you have a sick mind.
doesnt quite add up do they? You were flaming him, he just stated his opinion.

Now on to mr Obras, how can you state anything anyway, you got a 30day ban after more than a year of sock puppeting, spaming, general misbehaviour and so on. If we were to treat him like the mods treated you he would have got a popsicle and a note that says "you did a nono, but we dont care".

Last edited by Aule; 2007-10-21 at 21:08.
Old 2007-10-21, 19:37
Magic Ball Master

Send a message via MSN to LBAWinOwns
Can you please make that post easier readable? With quotes instead of "Then CF said: "Blabla"".

LBA Image Creator project
(image by leoboe! )

Get the Jump-Save-Bug graphically explained here
Old 2007-10-21, 19:37

Actually, OBrasilo's ban was shorten to 15 days because he apologized (should have been much longer though...).
Old 2007-10-21, 19:55
Madman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aule View Post
Aaah, i feel updated, now to the issues at hand!

Morshem, who are you to speak "for the community's sake", i know you are a mod, but didnt you become a mod under the term of not banning anyone. I mean, you have history of keeping up personal grudges, like a hyperlink to make people ignore certain members (cant bother finding the post now, but im sure you remember). So is it really your call to override LWs decition based on your own opinions and what you belive to be "for the community's sake".

About being "banned fo 4 days" because of his puppet, its not like he can sway opinions and be like a normal member when he has to take the shape of a new member, example.

Here we can clearly responses like: "Lightwing is a moderator, you're not. Thread closed, shut up. MBN is a dictatorship and it's fine that way."

While thank you mr. chaosfish, he really had the oppertunity to discuss stuff there didnt he?

And who can forget: "I know. I know. It's all so illogical. But then again, I am an EViL mod~", Nice going there mr moderator-man real professional.

And later, the smooth mr CF comes bach with a wooping:

"Sorry to be blunt, but No One Owes You An Explanation.

This is a society, and some behaviors are not accepted. Not everything is spelled out in words. Use your brain."

Orly? who are you to decide whats acceptable or not, i mean you so cool with you fuck-the-system-like "god is dead" blundering.

and my personal favourite, mr Dino-fly himself: "Dredg, you are a noob, yet you speak as if you were here before El."

I mean, your the real veteran here! Seriously, how can he forward his opinion when he gets that kind of crap from a guy who has been here 4 months.

"Is it my fault he's flaming me for my beliefs?"

and

"You killing innocent babies because their parents are morons, and now, you spam it everywhere, because you are looking for a flame war, why else would you do it then, and now, you put it in your sig, and then you complain when I say you have a sick mind."

Now on to mr Obras, how can you state anything anyway, you got a 30day ban after more than a year of sock puppeting, spaming, general misbehaviour and so on. If we were to treat him like the mods treated you he would have got a popsicle and a note that says "you did a nono, but we dont care".
If I read all that correctly - and it was admittedly a bit hard to sift through - I think that you should read my moderating suggestion thread, because it sounds like the democratic solution would be right up your ally. ;p
Old 2007-10-21, 20:28
Welcome to Zirla!

- OBrasilo: Maybe I was only Banned for 15 days for that, but let me remind you, that I was flamed and mocked for over a year for that, and that I think is enough a punishment for the shit I did. Eye for eye, tooth for tooth, they say. And so it was. Now I think it's time to let it go. Also, unlike Anakin, I actually contributed to this community, with my programs and other things as well, and that also played a factor in my punishment.
Old 2007-10-21, 21:05
Idot

Send a message via ICQ to Aule
Actually, anakkin has been contributing for years, he is a valued memeber and i would rather have relaxed person like anakkin who can crack an "on the edge joke" than some raving lunatic which programs.

I edited my other post to make it more readable too, and yes DJ, i agree with your mod proposal.

About the falming, that doesnt constitute as a punnishment, if i call anakkin a fag, it doesnt mean his ban will be reduced.

Last edited by Aule; 2007-10-21 at 21:13.
Old 2007-10-21, 21:14
Welcome to Zirla!

- Aule: No problem with that. Just please, express your dislike politely, and all will be well.
Old 2007-10-21, 22:07
I'm magically delicious!

Send a message via ICQ to Lightwing
Clarification people:
I unbanned Anakin without any knowledge that he was Dredg. I unbanned him for the reasons stated previously and only discovered that Anakin was sock puppeting AFTER the unban.

Just so you people know, Morshem's act was fully supported by Darkflame (an admin).

The 30 day ban (which Anakin never completed), was approved by El_Muerte.

All that Morshem has done is uphold the wishes of administrators and the forum rules. Anakin will STILL get about only 14 days, compared to 30 days he was meant to get, and the 30 days Obrasilo recieved when he did crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasiek
And he still didn't recall his decision, but said "thanks"?
I said "thanks" because I thought you were making an overall comment about my decision that banning someone for 20 days had been enough. My saying of "thanks" was not in any way a commentary of the suckpuppeting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aule
And who can forget:
Quote:Originally Posted by LW
"I know. I know. It's all so illogical. But then again, I am an EViL mod~"
That quote is taken out of context. You're giving people a wrong perception about what happened. A mod doesn't have to be completely, 100% professional. So I made a joke at the end, so what. You left out an entire paragraph where I explained my motives, point by point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightwing (full quote)
Well let's see. Logical...non-condescending...non-dismissive. I dunno. This is gonna be hard.

You start a thread on the subject of sex, but taking the subject of sex in a very immature manner. It can't possibly be serious considering the fact that very few MBN people have actually met each other and would clearly be unable to give an educated response as to which forum personality they would want to back-shaft. So it's clearly a goofy thread with barely any intention for intelligent discussions. Additionally, several people requested the thread closed -- like Kobold and ChaosFish (a moderator and a 7 year member of the community). I was still pondering as to whether the thread should be closed until I noticed that 70% of the posts weren't even on-topic. It was either "oh, Dredg is so sick and bizzare" or "this thread is yicky."

I know. I know. It's all so illogical. But then again, I am an EViL mod~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aule
and my personal favourite, mr Dino-fly himself:
Quote:Originally Posted by Dino-Fly
"Dredg, you are a noob, yet you speak as if you were here before El."

"Is it my fault he's flaming me for my beliefs?"

and

"You killing innocent babies because their parents are morons, and now, you spam it everywhere, because you are looking for a flame war, why else would you do it then, and now, you put it in your sig, and then you complain when I say you have a sick mind."

I really do not see how Dino-Fly was flamming the guy. I think it was retaliation, and at one point, it went so far that he called him an SOB, but that was due to an insult.

In ANY case, if Anakin had returned as Dredg he should have been nothing but humble instead of saying things like:

Quote:
E-T was a dick.
He was amazingly childish, and a whiner.
Quote:
Ok, here's the deal:
A bunch of terrorists come to your house, point a gun to your head and tells you have to have sex with a male mbn member, or they kill you and your family.
You have to choose one, you can't commit suicide, etc.

Which one will it be??
Quote:
And a good thing that is, as you're a shit mod.
Quote:
hooray for abortions.
Let's have an orgy-porgy.
And that may have been fine if he was just sock puppeting. But you just don't say stuff like that during a ban period.
Old 2007-10-21, 22:17
Whoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightwing View Post
Anakin will STILL get about only 14 days, compared to 30 days he was meant to get, and the 30 days Obrasilo recieved when he did crap..
Lies!
Quote:
Actually, OBrasilo's ban was shorten to 15 days because he apologized (should have been much longer though...).
Old 2007-10-21, 22:18
I'm magically delicious!

Send a message via ICQ to Lightwing
Okay. I suppose due to that all the arguements in my previous post are rendered void.

Sucks, meen.
Old 2007-10-21, 22:35
Hello

The difference is that OBras admitted to it, even before anyone knew what took place.
#include <iostream>

using namespace std;

int main()
{
  cout<<"Regards,\nDino-Fly\n";
 cin.get();
}
Closed Thread