Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > LBA Modifications > LBA: The Great Rebellion
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LBA: The Great Rebellion A game, made on the LBA 1 engine, and set between LBA 1 and LBA 2, in middle of the outbreak of a mass rebellion, and Twinsen has to end the rebellion. (homepage)

Old 2011-12-01, 15:18
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
Exclamation Important changes!

Hello everyone, I am here to announce that this project is undergoing important changes.

1. First and foremost, the size and format of the project. The project will be developed and released episodically. Each "episode" (call it whatever you want), will have about 5 grids/scenes at the most. The count of "episodes" will be based on popular demands. The progress of the story will depend on player-suggested ideas as well (they have to be doable on the LBA 1 engine, of course).
Reason? It's more important to get something done, no matter how small, than aspiring to make something huge and end up never finishing it.

2. Second, from this point on, I am taking over all aspects of the grid and brick layout making of this project. I think with the new project size, one grid-maker is enough.

3. Third, my girlfriend and I will be working on the dialogues for the game. I will write them out in English, and she will help me translating them to Japanese. And yes this also means that every episode should be released in both English and Japanese.
Luckily, the Japanese encoding used in the game seems to be standard Shift-JIS, so making an editor supporting that should be easy.

4. Music. Episode 1, comprising the first 5 grids/scenes of the original plan, will include, if needed, any music that has already been done for the project, as well as any music used in my original LBA 1 mod. However, I might still ask for help if needed.

5. I am also taking over all work on the body models. I think most are already done (and I think I have them on one of my backup DVD's), and what's missing can easily be done by recoloring some existing ones.

6. Organization. The existing SVN will be used, of course. And as soon as Island CX is back (down at the moment for domain name issues), the entire project Team section is going to be made public and closed for archiving, with further project development work moved here.
Also, as per Kobold's suggestion, work will be assigned publicly in a thread I am going to create here.

7. Story coding. Obviously we need one person doing story coding, who will also advise me on the script numbering (which will be continuing from the relevant Team thread that I started long before the big Team existed and that has been sadly discontinued). I will be the one continuing to develop the script but I need a person to advise me and help turning the script into game code. But of course, one person.

8. The old Team is to be considered disbanded. The new Team consists of me, Allindir, Eiko (my girlfriend), and possibly Kobold if he wishes to join. If any old Team members wish to join, please apply in this very thread with what you can do and reasons for applying.
As per Kobold's suggestion, I am no longer accepting LBA Prequel Team Members in my Team because of potential issues of Conflict of Interest.

9. Allindir is from this point on going to take over all Concept art. Which won't be much anyway, considering the much reduced size of the project.

So this project is not dead, but is going to change a lot. Please of course post any suggestions in this thread and I will review them and accept them if deemed good enough.
Old 2011-12-01, 16:26
Madman

Is there a large demand for Japanese translations of the LBA series? Just wondering. How many languages are you ultimately planning to have localized for?
Old 2011-12-01, 17:54
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
- Double-J: Well a lot of the Japanese people I know, want to play the TGR. So English and Japanese will be made for sure. Any other languages will be made if I get enough demand.
Old 2011-12-02, 00:17
Polly parrot

Send a message via MSN to Polaris
I made some grids in the past, and would be happy to design again. I'm applying !
(I can also play the flute and the hurdy-gurdy to make some musics, the problem is that I only have a handheld-recorder for recording).
If needed, I could also voice-act.
Old 2011-12-05, 15:25
Neko

Conflict of interest? lol, no project is getting any work done whatsoever between the two of you.

If you would like music, call me when the project is nearly finished

You can still use silverlight (tune) and the f-major tune ofcourse.
Old 2011-12-06, 00:22
Neko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battler View Post
- Double-J: Well a lot of the Japanese people I know, want to play the TGR. So English and Japanese will be made for sure. Any other languages will be made if I get enough demand.
Wy are those people not on the mbn ?
Old 2011-12-06, 20:05
Madman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
Wy are those people not on the mbn ?
Because we're Nipponophobic, and probably Sinophobic as well if you look really hard.
Old 2011-12-06, 22:20
Neko

We're not phobic, I just wonder where those people are. ;-P

I'd love to see a horde of fanboys talking about their lba experiences, how they dress up as cosplay zoe...awesome, more of that please
Old 2011-12-10, 15:09
Magic Ball Master

Send a message via MSN to LBAWinOwns
Except for japanese translation, everything else seems sound and striving toward being realistic. Good luck!

Btw. I suggest you dump the SVN and start with github maintained version control.

LBA Image Creator project
(image by leoboe! )

Get the Jump-Save-Bug graphically explained here
Old 2011-12-10, 20:07
Neko

Just focus on develoment with one or two people. And only make a new post when you have something to actually release. Bring it out.

Eventually I just released the prequel soundtrack cause I found it was needed to just have 'something' out, otherwise I would have written all those tunes for nothing.

So, get some work done something plz. No drama, no elaborate stories or excuses. Either actually do it or cancel the game. You do not want to post a similar thread 4 years from now.

And the good news is: if you succeed you will have massive respect as there is not a lot of playable stuff out there. Not enough anyway.
Old 2011-12-11, 01:19
Or Emi (was StreGGy)

Send a message via MSN to Streg
good luck with it. Maybe the japanese translation part just slows you down I guess. Everyone knows english by now
Old 2011-12-11, 08:31
LOLwut?

OMG! Fan-Wars V: Obras Strikes Back

I never get tired of that film :P

Old 2011-12-14, 02:53
Madman

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreGGy View Post
Everyone knows english by now
Everything has unfolded as I have foreseen it...
Old 2011-12-14, 23:24
Welcome to Zirla!

LOL, first off, if I know some Japanese people who like the LBA games but don't speak English, why would they register on the MBN which is an English-language-only forum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse
So, get some work done something plz. No drama, no elaborate stories or excuses. Either actually do it or cancel the game. You do not want to post a similar thread 4 years from now.
Getting some work done is exactly what I'm striving for. Which is why I've also taken the decision to make drastic changes to the project as the way the project was before, it would have taken too much to get anything done. I need to get working on the written dialogues and the story coding, but considering this will be one episode of 5 grids/scenes at the most, it shouldn't be that much work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreGGy
Everyone knows english by now
Not in Japan. Most people in Japan, including most famous people such as idols, have very bad knowledge of English at the very most and that's manly thanks to inadequate English teaching in that country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-J
Everything has unfolded as I have foreseen it...
Seeing how we've pretty much confirmed you have the power of clairvoyance, would you mind giving me the lottery numbers for at least 5 years in the future? It'd help me get rich quick.
Old 2011-12-14, 23:34
Polly parrot

... What about me ?
Old 2011-12-15, 13:08
Neko

Sounds good obras.
Old 2011-12-15, 16:00
Madman

Quote:
Seeing how we've pretty much confirmed you have the power of clairvoyance, would you mind giving me the lottery numbers for at least 5 years in the future? It'd help me get rich quick.
Alas, my mind tools apply only to internet message boards.
Old 2012-12-30, 02:28
Welcome to Zirla!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
... What about me ?
Polaris, I'm seeing about you, but you're a likely candidate for making the grids. We'll see. I first need to plan out everything so I can see what we need, what we have already done, and what's the best solution.

- LBAWinOwns: Well I'm only going to focus on translations once Episode 1 is finished. When it is, I will release a demo here, as well as in my circle of Japanese people I know, and see if there's enough demand for a Japanese translation. But the main goal is to get Episode 1 done, of course with English text. Everything else will just be optional additions, based on demand.

As for using Git, I will. I have a Git repository already set up because my friend RichardG and I use it for development on my Minecraft mod called AbandoCraft (current stable version of it is 4.7 for Minecraft 1.2.5), and I'm just going to allot some space there for this project too. I'm familiar enough at the moment with how Git works, so it should work smoothly.
Old 2012-12-31, 20:48
Neko

Quote:
Polaris, I'm seeing about you, but you're a likely candidate for making the grids. We'll see. I first need to plan out everything so I can see what we need, what we have already done, and what's the best solution.

- LBAWinOwns: Well I'm only going to focus on translations once Episode 1 is finished. When it is, I will release a demo here, as well as in my circle of Japanese people I know, and see if there's enough demand for a Japanese translation. But the main goal is to get Episode 1 done, of course with English text. Everything else will just be optional additions, based on demand.

As for using Git, I will. I have a Git repository already set up because my friend RichardG and I use it for development on my Minecraft mod called AbandoCraft (current stable version of it is 4.7 for Minecraft 1.2.5), and I'm just going to allot some space there for this project too. I'm familiar enough at the moment with how Git works, so it should work smoothly.
It took you a year to reply. Why don't you just announce the tgr is dead? Or, what releasedate are we talking here?
Old 2013-01-01, 01:47
Polly parrot

I don't mind, I had a lot of other things that came up and wouldn't had time for it anyay
Old 2013-01-01, 07:05
Or Emi (was StreGGy)

Send a message via MSN to Streg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
I don't mind, I had a lot of other things that came up and wouldn't had time for it anyay
I sense a disturbing In the f0rc3
Old 2013-01-09, 00:14
Neko

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreGGy View Post
I sense a disturbing In the f0rc3
If there was a force, there would have been a released game by now.
Old 2013-01-09, 00:59
Madman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
If there was a force, there would have been a released game by now.
Old 2013-01-09, 19:48
Neko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-J View Post
We got a sitcom instead...
Old 2013-01-09, 20:09
Polly parrot

Lord DJ, let him go now.