Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > Administration > Dear moderators
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Dear moderators If you have something to ask or have a request then post them here.

Old 2012-01-08, 18:03
the legend

Yeah well, I'll probably make a new collaborative fiction sometime. With more... strict rules. *sigh*

So watch out for when I make collaborative fiction 2 , hopefully we'll have better luck next time, thanks for all those who joined in.
Old 2012-01-08, 18:58
FishFishFishFishFish

SpaceGuitarie - I have an idea for you... I'll make a site using the vBulletin engine that's ruin-proof. Hold on, this shouldn't take me long. You'll tell me what you think of it when it's ready.
Old 2012-01-08, 21:28
the legend

Oki!
Old 2012-01-08, 22:57
FishFishFishFishFish

I was almost done with it but then my server went down. I shall continue tomorrow. (hopefully fishos.cc will be up by then)
Old 2012-01-09, 02:20
FishFishFishFishFish

Ok then.
Old 2012-01-10, 22:00
I'm magically delicious!

Send a message via ICQ to Lightwing
I find it amusing that people piled up on Obrasilo for introducing a ridiculous bit of writing but most of the same folks complaining had no problem with the equally ridiculous polar bear shinanigins. Not to mention a moderator dropping an F bomb on another member for seemingly no good reason.

Biased much?

As an aside, why not redo the project only this time mention certain constraints so that the story doesn't become crazy bi-polar. Unless that's exactly what you want - but from SGK's responses, I got the feeling that he doesn't.
Old 2012-01-10, 22:30
Polly parrot

Send a message via MSN to Polaris
My main problem with Battler's version was the swearing and an extremely condescending tone toward the polish people (almost racist, regardless of your ancestors Battler, I'm pretty sure you would have been fired-up, have I done the same with the japanese).
Old 2012-01-10, 22:48
FishFishFishFishFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightwing View Post
I find it amusing that people piled up on Obrasilo for introducing a ridiculous bit of writing but most of the same folks complaining had no problem with the equally ridiculous polar bear shinanigins. Not to mention a moderator dropping an F bomb on another member for seemingly no good reason.

Biased much?

As an aside, why not redo the project only this time mention certain constraints so that the story doesn't become crazy bi-polar. Unless that's exactly what you want - but from SGK's responses, I got the feeling that he doesn't.
Again, sorry. It looked like trolling to me. The story looked so lovely and then it looked like someone ruined it intentionally. And like Polaris I misinterpreted it as racism, which I can't stand.

Obras: My apologies. You're more than welcome to join this board. See you there?

And Lightwing... I'm not a member of the parliament and this is not a respected establishment... if people are gonna accuse me of being a mod and dropping the F bomb, just strip off my remaining moderator privileges please (it's an accident I still have them anyway). K?
Oh and also, you're welcome to join this board too of course
Old 2012-01-16, 03:54
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaris
My main problem with Battler's version was the swearing and an extremely condescending tone toward the polish people (almost racist, regardless of your ancestors Battler, I'm pretty sure you would have been fired-up, have I done the same with the japanese).
I wouldn't have been fired up, sorry. And it's funny you mention the Japanese, considering we all know what some of them did in World War II (not that I like the Japanese as a whole nation less because of what some idiot soldiers did). So there's already plenty of stories portraying some Japanese as evil, some of the stories made even in Japan. Do I get offended? No. You'll notice there are stories with antagonists of any kind of nationalities. No-one gets offended at that.

As for the swearing, people swear on this forum on a regular basis and the staff here are even vehemently opposed to any kind of swear filter. Yet when I put swearing inside a story, it's suddenly wrong? Decide already, either swearing is wrong or not.

Anyway, it's nice to see my point proven. First people complain about how *I* supposedly ruined the thread then they themselves make it a completely crap and not safe for work story. It's as I said, historical bias against me. It'd be nice if certain people got over my past but alas, they don't. Not much can be done about it apart from ignoring them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosFish
I'm not a member of the parliament and this is not a respected establishment...
Maturity, professionality, politness, respect for one another... pick your choice. You can express anger and contempt politely and professionality, without ad hominem attacks.
Sadly most people on this forum don't realize that and think insulting a person and dropping F-bombs is the only way to react. And when you ask them to be civil, the accuse you of censorship.
And whenever I pushed for stronger rules and for making people here behave like civilized and professional humans instead of letting them behave like primitive barbarians, I've always been ignored and even insulted.

Quote:
Again, sorry. It looked like trolling to me. The story looked so lovely and then it looked like someone ruined it intentionally. And like Polaris I misinterpreted it as racism, which I can't stand.
Well I guess you get offended at every story that has an antagonist. Sorry, but I've hated all standard romance the second Titanic (1997) came out and I've seen girls all around raving about it and the romantic couple in it. Because it's always beautiful girl meets beautiful cute guy who's a complete arsehole and falls in love with him. Never anything different. At least though, I commend that movie for portryaing a rich female falling in love with a poor male, showing love doesn't care about money.
So I tried to make it a completely crazy story. But I wasn't let to. Despite the fact people later turned it up even crazier than I wanted to make it. Go figure.

But anyway. Make what you want of this post. I'm sure Double-J and Axx will come here and insult me for it. They always do. But I hope at least some of you will understand my points.
Old 2012-01-16, 11:40
Polly parrot

I'm not against swearing, but this is what I remember of you post :

"fuck you bitch ! Fuck don't Fuck around. Fuck, I'm an immortal ! Fuck you I'm also an immortal, on your knees bitch ! Fuck you're also an immortal ! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !"

Not that it seems uninteresting, but there comes a moment when swearing becomes excessive, at the expense of nearly everything else.
Old 2012-01-16, 12:24
FishFishFishFishFish

And then someone comes and drops an "F- Bomb".
Old 2012-01-16, 15:05
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaris
I'm not against swearing, but this is what I remember of you post :

"fuck you bitch ! Fuck don't Fuck around. Fuck, I'm an immortal ! Fuck you I'm also an immortal, on your knees bitch ! Fuck you're also an immortal ! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !"

Not that it seems uninteresting, but there comes a moment when swearing becomes excessive, at the expense of nearly everything else.
Well you're right, my point is just, why wasn't this just civilly pointed out to me by PM? Then I would have simply edited my post to adjust it and the whole thing would have been saved. It's not like it's impossible to edit posts.
Old 2012-01-16, 18:54
FishFishFishFishFish

Can we stop arguing about this please? I already apologized didn't I? What more do you want?
Old 2012-01-19, 15:10
Welcome to Zirla!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosFish View Post
Can we stop arguing about this please? I already apologized didn't I? What more do you want?
You and Polaris apologized. Double-J hasn't. And Double-J is my main problem here, well and his friend Axx too. Not the fact they dislike me per se but the fact they can't simply ignore what they dislike.
Old 2012-01-19, 16:49
Polly parrot

What did I apologize for ? Haven't done anything wrong...
Old 2012-01-19, 22:55
Welcome to Zirla!

- Polaris: Then you should apologize too for accusing me of racism/discrimination in my story when there was none.
Old 2012-01-19, 23:05
Polly parrot

I cannot apologize for finding something discriminating... It's like apologizing for finding something blue...
Maybe I have said things that might lead some to believe that you are racist. If that's the case and it bothered you and (and I hope it did), then I'm sorry.
Old 2012-01-20, 15:43
the legend

Allright, allright now, all's been settled. Now if all of you spent a tenth of your time writing the fic rather than arguing the new story would've been in 2nd page by now...

Everyone learnt what had to be learnt with it, this is the first time we're doing a collaborative thing like this, it's ok that mistakes happen, now I'm sure we'll all get it right in the 2nd fiction, so, go on an use your creative side to write rather than debate!
Old 2012-01-20, 16:19
Polly parrot

I wrote a post there yesterday...
Old 2012-01-20, 17:04
the legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
I wrote a post there yesterday...
I know, thanks.
Old 2012-01-20, 17:10
Polly parrot

^^'

Didn't know if anybody noticed
Old 2012-01-22, 03:26
Or Emi (was StreGGy)

Send a message via MSN to Streg
let's start then I posted too. I've been short of time lately but i'm planning to start another novel there. We can turn this into a great project if we want to