Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > General
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

General The general chatting goes on in here. That means talk about the LBA games and it's world.

Old 2012-02-16, 14:38
You Only Live Twice

Send a message via AIM to Twinsan Send a message via MSN to Twinsan
I don't really believe that magic alone would hide the school of magic from FunFrock. He is far too determined and knowlageable to let anything so trival get in his way; if he can't destroy it he builds around it (Dr. FunFrock secret Fortress), if he dosn't want anyone near or to know about he guards it with a hored of clones (Princible Island ruins an d the entire Northen Hemisphere!) and if he can't get into it, he fins a way to get in! (Well of Sendell, his minions are digging their way into the heart of the planet, since this was going to take months, he tricked Twinsen into doing it and even sent a clone first to protect his own skin!). FunFrock is a genius, on an otherwise techilogically less advanced planet than our own, FunFrock created a form of clonning, teleportation, the ability to either create life from scratch or from existing life, likely using transgenics to insert genes into an organism not naturally present, either way FunFrock woul likely have had an advanced knowlage of genetics if Twinsunians have DNA or similar structure like us. He really isn't someone to be triffled with or stopped so easily.
Old 2012-02-16, 20:26
Magic Level: Green Ball

In my opinion, the cemetery in front the school of magic always decieve some folks about the real existence of a School of Magic(few are those who live in the Desert Island which knew of the school of magic existence, and just some few rumours on where it's located), so Funfrock perhaps never paid atention on it, the only thing he did was put some guards in the most acessible part of the island and a big gate to prevent anyone to wander into the desert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timse95 View Post
You cant believe how exited I got just by reading that idea of yours about the new game! It would be so cool! And maybe play with Hegesippe!
Thanks , everytime I think about the misteries of LBA it seems that there is a lot of material to produce many games, like the prequel of the serie, the sequel of LBA 2, I still have hope to visit new look of Zeelich, after the LBA 2 story, see the Islands of LBA 1 in a 3D look(with LBA Remake on the way I just can't wait )

Last edited by LuKeXhunter; 2012-02-17 at 01:01.
Old 2012-02-25, 01:11
Magic Ball GrandMaster

Back to about the symbols. It is obvious the Sendell symbols are magical themselves, and not just decorations. In LBA1 they react on the blow of the horn, and cannot be overpainted by normal paint (or any paint, I don't know). So it is really not something I think the Twinsunians made.

Rather, I think it's Sendell's own works, and if so, it would be irrelevant where they are located. The whole planet is Sendell.

Threads: News, Introduction, Discussion, Bugs collection || Content: Characters, Enemies, Items
Words come in all sizes. But even if they fit you,
they might not come at appropriate times.

Good for everyone is finding yourself first,
and then the good in others second.
Old 2012-02-26, 12:08
You Only Live Twice

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuKeXhunter View Post
In my opinion, the cemetery in front the school of magic always decieve some folks about the real existence of a School of Magic(few are those who live in the Desert Island which knew of the school of magic existence, and just some few rumours on where it's located), so Funfrock perhaps never paid atention on it, the only thing he did was put some guards in the most acessible part of the island and a big gate to prevent anyone to wander into the desert

Thanks , everytime I think about the misteries of LBA it seems that there is a lot of material to produce many games, like the prequel of the serie, the sequel of LBA 2, I still have hope to visit new look of Zeelich, after the LBA 2 story, see the Islands of LBA 1 in a 3D look(with LBA Remake on the way I just can't wait )
This is FunFrock we are talking about here, he leaves nothing to chance, he leaves no stone unturned and he'll tunnel into the heart of a planet to achieve his goals. If he is mildly suspicious or simply knows something exists around x area, he won't leave any stone unturned or destroyed in finding it. Trust me he would leave desert Island in ruins before he stopped searching for the school of magic if he was bothered about finding it.

Hey maybe he captured and imprisoned the wizards during the first game?
Old 2012-02-26, 12:19
Magic Ball GrandMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinsan View Post
Hey maybe he captured and imprisoned the wizards during the first game?
No, the desert people say they saw wizards "walk by just recently" (...) "going to the hacienda". There is a lot more time between 1 and 2 than "just recently", at least a whole pregnancy period. In such a period that the whole of citadel island could have been rebuild.

Threads: News, Introduction, Discussion, Bugs collection || Content: Characters, Enemies, Items

Old 2012-02-27, 04:22
You Only Live Twice

Quote:
Originally Posted by J McKalling View Post
No, the desert people say they saw wizards "walk by just recently" (...) "going to the hacienda". There is a lot more time between 1 and 2 than "just recently", at least a whole pregnancy period. In such a period that the whole of citadel island could have been rebuild.
I don't really see your point tbh.
Old 2012-02-27, 12:06
Magic Ball GrandMaster

Well if the twinsunians say "just recently", and lba2 takes longer than "just recently" after lba1, then kidnapping the wizards could not happen before lba2.

Or would you suggest that wizards can be seen on Twinsun after already being kidnapped?

Old 2012-02-27, 14:59
You Only Live Twice

Quote:
Well if the twinsunians say "just recently", and lba2 takes longer than "just recently" after lba1, then kidnapping the wizards could not happen before lba2.

Or would you suggest that wizards can be seen on Twinsun after already being kidnapped?
No I am suggesting they were kidnapped in LBA1 only to be set free by the time of LBA2 and reforge their order.

I still don't get what you mean by "just recently" ? I do not remember anything in LBA2 to remotely suggest that the wizards are truely a rrecent edition to Twinsun.

Can you Rephase, because I see no scene in what your saying.
Old 2012-02-27, 15:24
Polly parrot

Send a message via MSN to Polaris
He means that in LBA2 people say that they have seen wizards walk by only recently, if Funfrock had the wizards imprisoned, they would have been free at the end of LBA1, but people saw them only recently.
Old 2012-02-27, 15:45
Magic Ball GrandMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
He means that in LBA2 people say that they have seen wizards walk by only recently, if Funfrock had the wizards imprisoned, they would have been free at the end of LBA1, but people saw them only recently.
Almost. I mean, I'm not saying they weren't there before LBA2, but they were spotted unusually near the hacienda "recently". Had the wizards been kidnapped before LBA2, they couldn't have been spotted "recently" in LBA2.

It's not literally mentioned being "recently", but implied as the question phrases "Have you seen a wizard pass by recently?". It's open to interpretation to how long ago this was, but it gives me the idea that it's well after the completion of LBA1.

Disregarding the existance of a school of magic and/or wizards besides Twinsen himself in LBA1, the particular wizards that were captured for the LBA2 plot are the ones I am talking about. Maybe you refer to others, or something else?

Last edited by J McKalling; 2012-02-27 at 15:51.
Old 2012-02-27, 15:54
previously Anakin

Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
Those are all interesting theories guys.
Personally I think that it's just a game, and that unlike the real word, not everything has a reason or an explanation.
That is because the people and places in a game are what you call "ficticious". They're not real. And the creators of the game almost certainly didn't think about all these elaborate background stories that you're making up here.
Old 2012-02-27, 16:44
You Only Live Twice

Quote:
Almost. I mean, I'm not saying they weren't there before LBA2, but they were spotted unusually near the hacienda "recently". Had the wizards been kidnapped before LBA2, they couldn't have been spotted "recently" in LBA2.

It's not literally mentioned being "recently", but implied as the question phrases "Have you seen a wizard pass by recently?". It's open to interpretation to how long ago this was, but it gives me the idea that it's well after the completion of LBA1.

Disregarding the existance of a school of magic and/or wizards besides Twinsen himself in LBA1, the particular wizards that were captured for the LBA2 plot are the ones I am talking about. Maybe you refer to others, or something else?
Errr lol? There si a big time diffrence between 1 & 2 they were spotted recently at a point in time lol.
Old 2012-02-27, 18:39
Magic Ball GrandMaster

Quote:
Errr lol? There si a big time diffrence between 1 & 2 they were spotted recently at a point in time lol.
You're not getting what I'm saying. Please reread and then explain to me what you mean, I'm heavily confused as to why you're repeating my words and claiming it's different.

Old 2012-02-27, 21:58
You Only Live Twice

Quote:
You're not getting what I'm saying. Please reread and then explain to me what you mean, I'm heavily confused as to why you're repeating my words and claiming it's different.
I am confused for the same reason basically.

1) there is a big time gap between lba 1 and 2
2) the wizards could have been captured in the first and have gotten back to normality by the second
3)"have you seen a wizard walk by this way recently" is completely irrelevant all this shows is people are familiar with the wizards at the current time
4) what do you keep banging on about the above?

edit: i read polarises post. Where and I want exact quotes - island charecter and point in game dose it say people only became aware of the wizards recently, I have never heard of that being mentioned only in conversations when Twinsen is searching for them.
Old 2012-02-28, 00:11
Magic Ball GrandMaster

All right, I think I understand our problem here..
Firstly, when you started "wizards could have been captured in LBA1", I thought you were refering to the same capture as in LBA2.

You an I both know the time gap between 1 and 2, so this assumption didn't make any sense

I think you mean another capture before this one instead, which would have been solved by the time LBA2 starts. But what do you mean by this? Why would FunFrock have captured the wizards before, what value does this have?

Old 2012-02-28, 20:50
You Only Live Twice

Quote:
All right, I think I understand our problem here..
Firstly, when you started "wizards could have been captured in LBA1", I thought you were refering to the same capture as in LBA2.

You an I both know the time gap between 1 and 2, so this assumption didn't make any sense

I think you mean another capture before this one instead, which would have been solved by the time LBA2 starts. But what do you mean by this? Why would FunFrock have captured the wizards before, what value does this have?
funfrock would have captured the wizards in lba1, in order to prevent them meddling in his affairs, if they were present pre/during LBA1
Old 2012-02-28, 21:24
Magic Ball GrandMaster

Quote:
funfrock would have captured the wizards in lba1, in order to prevent them meddling in his affairs, if they were present pre/during LBA1
Quite possible, along the line that they would have meddled with his affairs otherwise. But it's not mentioned, why do you think this would or could have happened?

Old 2012-02-28, 21:27
previously Anakin

Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
Aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh shut up already
Old 2012-02-28, 22:41
Polly parrot

Send a message via MSN to Polaris
He said Funfrock would have captured the wizards durin LBA1, if they were meddling with his affairs, we can't say that they were captured, therefore they probably weren't meddling by either hiding or not existing.

(Poor Anakin is being ignored
There isn't anything clear, and probably no storyline were intended, that's why it's so fun to come up with a plausible explanation )
Old 2012-02-28, 23:24
Magic Level: Fire Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anakin View Post
Aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh shut up already
Gotta agree with Anakin here, overthinking much?
Old 2012-03-01, 22:19
Magic Ball GrandMaster

If this discussion is considered overthinking, then why do we have this fan base?!
If you don't like reading anything, you shouldn't read it. We're just emerging into the world we all love so much, so why not over do it. It's fun, at least to some of us

Old 2012-03-02, 00:02
Magic Level: Fire Ball

Fair enough, go ahead.
Old 2012-03-02, 01:19
Magic Ball GrandMaster

Thanks
But now I'm done...