Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > General
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

General The general chatting goes on in here. That means talk about the LBA games and it's world.

Old 2012-03-27, 07:57
Magic Level: Yellow Ball

Possibility for a crowd funded LBA game?

With some those Kickstarter projects around, most notably Tim Schafer's Double Fine Adventure fund that quickly met its goal, it made me wonder if this type of deal could help a possible Little Big Adventure game in the future.

One problem would be that we don't know how popular the LBA games are, compared to Tim who is a huge underdog in the gaming industry and it wasn't surprising to see people throwing their money at him, his games are known for being very good but not selling well. So I'm not sure this would generate the millions Schafer got or so.

Thoughts?
Old 2012-03-27, 10:29
Magic Level: Red Ball

If I good understand:
I think priority for do sth. like that would be making a game for selling
Old 2012-03-27, 16:25
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame Send a message via Skype™ to Darkflame
The idea's been brought up a few times. I am sure the creators are well aware of these things so the ball is in their court.
If they choose to go this way, of course, we will support them

Remember, however, there is a large number of LBA fans out there that just arnt fans enough to active post on boards. You can tell my looking at news articles, gog, or youtube videos - all sorts comments from people remembering and enjoying the games.
I honestly think Fred could raise a lot for sequels - but its a question if it could be enough.
A action-adventure like LBA will take a lot more costs them a old-school point and click.
(Please let me know if the site blows up your pc, thanks)
-
Phones & Tricorders & Blobs & Bombs & 3D Printers & TVIntros also;stuff
Old 2012-03-28, 23:17
You Only Live Twice

Send a message via AIM to Twinsan Send a message via MSN to Twinsan
Funfrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkflame View Post
The idea's been brought up a few times. I am sure the creators are well aware of these things so the ball is in their court.
If they choose to go this way, of course, we will support them

Remember, however, there is a large number of LBA fans out there that just arnt fans enough to active post on boards. You can tell my looking at news articles, gog, or youtube videos - all sorts comments from people remembering and enjoying the games.
I honestly think Fred could raise a lot for sequels - but its a question if it could be enough.
A action-adventure like LBA will take a lot more costs them a old-school point and click.
I don't know the sleeping dragon is technically a point and click through unlike broken sword 1 & 2 it wasn't quite point and click with the mouse regardless it cost over 2million pounds to make.

An issue for LBA 3 is adeline no longer exists so fred doesn't have the strong base he had before for getting money from companies such as Eletronic arts which supported the series before. It's all about making money these day's and if that means making bad quality shoot 'em up games and no awsome adventure games that don't sell well then thats what they will make shoot 'em ups.
Old 2012-03-28, 23:57
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame Send a message via Skype™ to Darkflame
I suspect LBA3 will be $5million+ to make

Quote:
An issue for LBA 3 is adeline no longer exists
Not in name, but the main creators are still willing to work together.
We have heard from Fred and Didder, and it would be a fair bet that Fred's wife will contribute to this game like she did the others

As you say, its about money at the end of the day.

I think, possibly, the best option is for smaller, episodic games. Then one game can pay for the next a lot easier.
-
Old 2012-03-29, 13:07

Like it was with Back to the future?
Old 2012-03-29, 20:00
Classic

Exactly.
Or any other game by TellTale games. Their "resurrection model" seems successful.

They are bringing back Kings Quest I think I heard too.
-
Old 2012-04-07, 13:05
You Only Live Twice

Send a message via AIM to Twinsan Send a message via MSN to Twinsan
Back to the future game game for ps3 was basically a point click adventure, I wonder how splitting up LBA3 into episodes would go as an adventure game would go. Considering it would seem unlikely to be able to have special items to carry on like the protection spell in this format.
Old 2012-04-11, 09:21

I think it would be something like... (for ex.) Part I - Citadel, Part II - Desert + Principal Island, etc. (but I think every part must be huge):]
Old 2012-04-11, 12:51
Classic

I have never seen it done, but it should be technically possible for a episodic game that expands, which each new release adding onto the existing game world, rather then being stand alone.
-
Old 2012-04-13, 07:06
LOLwut?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkflame View Post
I have never seen it done, but it should be technically possible for a episodic game that expands, which each new release adding onto the existing game world, rather then being stand alone.
It's not exactly episodic, but The Sims franchise always expanded the map (With certain expansions) that way. Sometimes, they would even alter the original world.

With that said, I think an episodic LBa wouldn't be a good idea, you'd re-visit the tiny parts so many times you'd feel burned out by the time the final areas appear. Having the full map to explore it's much better in adventure games.