Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > LBA Modifications > LBA Modifications - General
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 2012-04-28, 03:25
Quetching a Mr.

Twinsen Any New LBA Tools?

This might have been discussed, but I just want to make sure. Are there any new LBA tools? I know about all the ones that are already made, but we still need more LBA tools. These are the types of LBA tools I think we need: Some aren't LBA though.

1.) An LBA2 Story Coder
2.) An AITD Story Coder
3.) A TC Story Coder
4.) A Model Viewer and Editor for AITD (Alone in the Dark), TC (Time Commando), and LBA2 (Little Big Adventure 2).
5.) A Lot More (Sprite Editor, LBA2 Cutscenes, Ect.)

I know that there have been a lot of people before, but there are a lot less now (I think) on the MBN. And I also understand that all of us are really busy. Everyone has their families, their friends, things to get done, chores, and life (Heck, we all understand that one). But in our hearts, we will never, ever, forget LBA2. As it should be one of the best games of our lives. If you didn't like LBA2, I wouldn't see the point of being here.

My main point though, is there any new LBA Tools? I know that Alexfont and his team are working on the LBA Prequel, but I think and hope they will continue to make new tools in the near or later future.

Honestly, I hope I am not pushing anyone, I think I just might be at the point where I might feel like too much of a "Pusher". And again, I understand everyone is busy, there is always something going on. So, sorry for that, if I am being a pusher.

So... Are there any new LBA Tools?
Old 2012-04-28, 23:32
Magic Ball Master

Send a message via MSN to LBAWinOwns
I'm very certain that any news about lba modding tools will be announced in this sub forum on the MBN. As you seem already to understand, most people spend time on other ongoing stuff in their lives like university studies, family and work. To develop these modding tools are quite time consuming indeed, but it's a splendid way to improve yourself as a developer.

LBA Image Creator project
(image by leoboe! )

Get the Jump-Save-Bug graphically explained here
Old 2012-04-29, 00:23
Quetching a Mr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBAWinOwns View Post
I'm very certain that any news about lba modding tools will be announced in this sub forum on the MBN. As you seem already to understand, most people spend time on other ongoing stuff in their lives like university studies, family and work. To develop these modding tools are quite time consuming indeed, but it's a splendid way to improve yourself as a developer.
Alright, thanks for letting me know.
Old 2012-04-29, 21:06
alexfont

Only the point 5 you can actually find something in this forum what could help you. You can check LBA Image Creator to change game sprites. For the LBA2 cutscenes you can probably find a blink codec somewhere to convert to that format.

About the other points, they are possible, but don't see any reason to work on them when there's still LBA related things to create/improve.

About the tools, Zink is working hard on LBArchitect to bring the LBA1 grid and story creation possible. I think he is the only one who is actually doing something on Mod tools this days.

The Sacred Carrot website
Old 2012-04-30, 02:26
Quetching a Mr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexfont View Post
Only the point 5 you can actually find something in this forum what could help you. You can check LBA Image Creator to change game sprites. For the LBA2 cutscenes you can probably find a blink codec somewhere to convert to that format.

About the other points, they are possible, but don't see any reason to work on them when there's still LBA related things to create/improve.

About the tools, Zink is working hard on LBArchitect to bring the LBA1 grid and story creation possible. I think he is the only one who is actually doing something on Mod tools this days.
Yeah, thanks for letting me know about all of this information. I appreciate it.
Old 2012-04-30, 17:02
Madman

Is there a Time Commando community? I honestly don't remember ever playing it, and only heard about it after the LBA 2 cameo.
Old 2012-05-01, 02:02
Quetching a Mr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-J View Post
Is there a Time Commando community? I honestly don't remember ever playing it, and only heard about it after the LBA 2 cameo.
Actually, I don't even know if there is a Time Commando Community. You could look around on the internet and see what you can find. I could look around also.
Old 2012-05-01, 13:39
alexfont

We are a rarity this days when talking about old games. Time Commando wasn't a known hit so few people know about it.

The Sacred Carrot website
Old 2012-05-02, 02:59
Quetching a Mr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexfont View Post
We are a rarity this days when talking about old games. Time Commando wasn't a known hit so few people know about it.
Yeah, that is true. Some of the games that I play that are old and rare these days, only about 5% of the people I know play and have heard of the same video games I play. Here on the MBN, that is a different story though. I am completely certain that 100% of the people here know about LBA, otherwise, what in the heck would be the point of being here? And about Time Commando, maybe someone should make a fan-site for the heck of it. Just to talk about it there, like how we talk about LBA here. Like you said, it wasn't a bigger hit like LBA was.

Tags
lba, lba2, tool, tools