Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > First aid
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

First aid The forum for getting help to run or complete the LBA games. Note: could contain spoilers.

Old 2012-05-17, 05:20
Quetching a Mr.

Time Commando Won't Start

I know that this has nothing to do with LBA, but it does with Time Commando. Anyways, I got Time Commando from Gog.com, and for some reason, it seems to not start up. When I run the game, I come up with an error message. It says this, "DOSBOX Dos Emulator has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.". The closest I have ever gotten on this was the Adeline Software International Title Screen, and that is when the error happens. I think it could be that it is interfering with my LBA Files, but I am not sure about that. I checked the folder of Time Commando, and it has an HQR File just like what LBA uses. But this file was for Time Commando. Anyone know how to fix this so I can play Time Commando?

All and any help will be appreciated.
Old 2012-05-19, 16:31
New efforts! :)

Send a message via MSN to Necdilzor
I think you should better ask at the GOG.com forums and the techincal support team. I can't help you since I don't have the game, although I would like to buy it :P.

Take a look at the blog!

LBA:LID Demo v1.0 HERE
Report bugs here! Thanks Alexfont!
----------------------------------------
Take a look at Vindish's mod!
Old 2012-05-19, 18:03
alexfont

What operating system you use? Did you reinstall the game? Can you play both LBA1 and LBA2 gog versions without problems?! And other DosBox games? Did you try to run the game with the original executable file in Compatible mode?

The Sacred Carrot website
Old 2012-05-19, 20:29
New efforts! :)

Send a message via MSN to Necdilzor
After reading what alexfont is saying I remembered this things: did you run the game with administrator privileges? and did you install the game in another folder than Program Files?

Take a look at the blog!

LBA:LID Demo v1.0 HERE
Report bugs here! Thanks Alexfont!
----------------------------------------
Take a look at Vindish's mod!
Old 2012-05-19, 23:07
Quetching a Mr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necdilzor View Post
I think you should better ask at the GOG.com forums and the techincal support team. I can't help you since I don't have the game, although I would like to buy it :P.
Thanks, I'll try that.
Old 2012-05-19, 23:16
Quetching a Mr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexfont View Post
What operating system you use? Did you reinstall the game? Can you play both LBA1 and LBA2 gog versions without problems?! And other DosBox games? Did you try to run the game with the original executable file in Compatible mode?
I'll ask my dad about the operating system, I don't know. Yes, I reinstalled the game. I have the original CD's of both LBA1 and LBA2. But I do not have an original CD of Time Commando. I got LBA2 from Gog.com for the heck of it, the extra features, and windowed mode. I can play both LBA1 and LBA2 just fine. LBA1, I can use my original CD with LBAWin, I don't have it from Gog.com. LBA2, I can play it with only the CD. LBA2 for some reason won't work from Gog.com either. I think when I got LBA2 from Gog.com, that's when it got screwed up. Having two LBA2 exe files, one with the CD, and the other from Gog.com, confused my computer. That is why LBA2 in Dosbox won't run (I think.). Maybe I can remove one, and keep the other. This might make it so Time Commando can work. But I am still not exactly sure. And about the executable file and compatible mode, I am not sure. I'll try again sometime.
Old 2012-05-19, 23:19
Quetching a Mr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necdilzor View Post
After reading what alexfont is saying I remembered this things: did you run the game with administrator privileges? and did you install the game in another folder than Program Files?
How can I run the game with the administrator priveleges? I'm sure I istalled it in the right place, but I can check.
Old 2012-05-20, 11:22
Polly parrot

Send a message via MSN to Polaris
Right-click, "run as an administrator"
Old 2012-05-21, 01:49
Quetching a Mr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
Right-click, "run as an administrator"
I tried it, it seems to not help at all. But thanks for helping, Polaris.