Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > General
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

General The general chatting goes on in here. That means talk about the LBA games and it's world.

Old 2012-05-17, 14:18
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame Send a message via Skype™ to Darkflame
Awesome Games 101

-
Phones & Tricorders & Blobs & Bombs & 3D Printers & TVIntros also;stuff
Old 2012-05-17, 16:06
Look beyond reality.

USAT (Utrecht School of Art and Technology) in the Netherlands; bachelor Game Design & Development. I need to add that me and the team thought it was focusing to much on "serious" games (flash, educative) so we decided to awesome things up. Quality of this project can't really be compared to the rest of the students.

We'll release another trailer today, stay tuned. It's got the new level in it, currently editing it. Turning out pretty slick.
Also, the Dutch press has been informed by a guy over at Guerrilla games, I guess we need to get our shit together. Working on a presskit as well.
Old 2012-05-17, 16:09
Neko

Awesome still goodluck!
Old 2012-05-17, 16:51
Magic Level: Red Ball

it is for download now? It is free?;p
Old 2012-05-17, 22:03
Look beyond reality.

K.A.T it will be for download soon. Check the website, it WILL be free.

Click here for the update I promised you guys earlier

Old 2012-05-18, 00:17
Polly parrot

Send a message via MSN to Polaris
I find to have a very Jedi Knight feeling. Which is one game that I played a hell lot !

Good old times...
Old 2012-05-21, 16:13
Look beyond reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bot13 View Post
Also, the Dutch press has been informed by a guy over at Guerrilla games, I guess we need to get our shit together.
And we got featured in a Dutch game development magazine called Control

Translation:
Quote:
Guerrilla Games, are you seeing this? Numerous times we heard from you guys that Dutch students aren't very ambitious. Well, enough ambition going around over at Morepolygons. Great name for a studio as well. Six students of Game Design and Game Art at USAT (Utrecht School of Art and Technologie) got together with the purpose of developing an online shooter with AAA-quality standards. The game is meant to 'show what a small team can achieve in short period of time', according to the their website. The team consists of a concept artist, game designer, programmer and three 3D artists. Grim will be downloadable end of June.
Old 2012-05-21, 19:26
the legend

Bot13, awesome is not a big enough for word for your game.

I totally want to try this (if it's not CPU and/or broadband hungry...).

A few more comments and questions:

- What's up with that revolver? it's like a multi-barrel shotgun with explosive laser shots?
- If I identified correctly, mostly of the movement consists of using a jetpack (rather than jumping like crazy as usual online FPS are), is that right? if so, that's a great idea.
- I loved that sniper rifle from trailer 1. Cool design.
- The intro logo from trailer 2 is so pro!
sgk: Think of it this way: it's like a message in a bottle. In our world, we put a message inside a bottle to protect it while it travels through the oceans to reach some other island. In other worlds, they put a message inside an asteroid to protect it while it travels through space to reach some other planet. In this case it is a gift, a guitar, rather than just a message.
Old 2012-05-22, 01:04
Look beyond reality.

Thanks!

Quote:
- What's up with that revolver? it's like a multi-barrel shotgun with explosive laser shots?
The revolver is called a Mateba (actual existing design) but it's modified a bit for our universe. It's pretty overpowered because it works with scraping metal from a kind of radiator-esque inside of the bullets. In normal language it means that the bullets aren't fired, but overheated so it a little bit of molten metal will escape from the front. (also based on technology actually being used) This is why the gun overheats fairly quickly after firing too rapidly, and it will jam.
Quote:
- If I identified correctly, mostly of the movement consists of using a jetpack (rather than jumping like crazy as usual online FPS are), is that right? if so, that's a great idea.
Yes, it's a mechanic we call "leap". In-game, when you press Q, it will boost you in the direction you're looking at. This is visible by small boosters under the players feet. This mechanic uses what we call "energy", and when the bar is empty you can't leap until it is replenished (this it does automatically).
Quote:
- I loved that sniper rifle from trailer 1. Cool design..
Haha I could thank you for it, but it's actually a placeholder. We'll be sure not to disappoint you with the final design.
Quote:
- The intro logo from trailer 2 is so pro!
Thanks! It was made by a guy specialized in special FX that is currently employed at Guerrilla games.
Old 2012-05-23, 18:50
the legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bot13 View Post
it's actually a placeholder.

But... but...

Ok, hehe, I hope the final design rocks!

Btw, a little suggestion, please: make a huge char limit for the username. I like to play FPS games with nicknames such as "By accepting this bullet thru your head you agree to the terms of use". And most times it is too long to use.
sgk: Think of it this way: it's like a message in a bottle. In our world, we put a message inside a bottle to protect it while it travels through the oceans to reach some other island. In other worlds, they put a message inside an asteroid to protect it while it travels through space to reach some other planet. In this case it is a gift, a guitar, rather than just a message.
Old 2012-07-03, 22:57
Look beyond reality.

Old 2012-07-04, 00:59
alexfont

Downloading now.

TwinEngine v0.2.0 win32 beta released - open source re-implementation of the LBA 1 original engine.
[Discuss]|[Download]|[Changes]|[SourceCode]|[Issues]

The Sacred Carrot website
Old 2012-07-05, 22:13
Look beyond reality.

It's getting coverage all over the interwebs right now. Very exciting stuff! Escapist, RockPaperShotgun, Indiegames...

Trying to keep the servers running at the moment, quite some demand. Over 1,200 visitors on the website only today!
Old 2012-07-07, 22:40
Polly parrot

I donloaded it and...

How do I launch it ^^' ?
Old 2012-07-07, 23:12
Look beyond reality.

Should be in your start menu! Just type "Grim" in the menu search bar.
Old 2012-07-08, 00:21
Polly parrot

Thanks

Not bad, but if I could change the key bindings, it would help a lot
Old 2012-07-08, 01:47
Look beyond reality.

Thanks. Working on a patch at the moment, the key bindings is one of the things that will be fixed.
Old 2012-07-10, 09:44
Look beyond reality.

I love you, Luntan.
Old 2012-07-12, 09:14
this's longer than allowe

Dude i'm from Chile and with a bunch of friends we can't stop talking about yout game, awesome work man.
It should be available for ouya haha.
Old 2012-07-12, 22:56
Polly parrot

What is "ouya" ?
Old 2012-07-13, 01:01

That new console they are going to launch. I think it comes out next year.
Here's some info: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...o-game-console
Sorry for spamming
Old 2012-07-13, 09:18
Look beyond reality.

Awesome to hear you like the game Sir_Matrox! We'll be patching it soon, so it will be a whole lot better.
I've heard about Ouya. It's like an open platform android-based console for all kinds of free-to-play games. Ships for 99 bucks.
Old 2012-07-13, 17:18
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame Send a message via Skype™ to Darkflame
I still dont see why Ouya is different from any linux device you can plug in your tv Theres all sorts of "open, anyone can develop for" devices already. (The cheapest being the RasburyPI at $30). I like Android, but not sure it offers any advantage over Linux or even Windows for big-screen game development.

Also "free to play" just means "every game has at least a free demo" - They are being quite naughty with that claim vs whats in their FAQ.

To be honest, I think Onlive will also gain a lot of the market when they start to build it into TVs. Anyone that doesn't have Halo or Mario might find it hard to compete.
[/offtopic]

-
Phones & Tricorders & Blobs & Bombs & 3D Printers & TVIntros also;stuff
Old 2012-07-13, 23:27

I agree with you, I only mentioned ouya because of it's low price for having 3 (or four I don't remembe) tegra3 chips. And I think since more people are familiar with android, it's gonna be nice to have one to play online with your friends.
It's only a personal opinion, maybe I'm wrong.
Anyway I think we are devirtuating.
Old 2012-07-14, 12:52
Do the evolution.

Send a message via MSN to Jasiek Send a message via Skype™ to Jasiek
Downloading...

Certainly looks A LOT more fun to work on then the stuff I'm doing at work right now:

Meaning a shitload of furniture/door textures/normal maps/specular maps/height maps for this totally non-game related company.