Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > General
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

General The general chatting goes on in here. That means talk about the LBA games and it's world.

Old 2012-07-14, 18:05
the legend

Not bad indeed.

There wasn't much to do when I got to play, because all servers where empty, and hm, the levels are really small and there's apparently only one gun (the revolver, and I was expecting to try the sniper rifle, hehe). So I just got to walk around and shoot randomly. Nevertheless, an enjoyable experience!

Some observations:

- Those tips that appear in the Loading screen should last longer, even if loading is finished. There should be a minium time of 10 seconds, I think. I could not read one of them entirely.

- I expected some of the scenario to interact with my shots, particularly considering they are explosive bullets. For example, those highly flammable containers/gas tanks, I was expecting them to fully blow-up high into the skies!

- There should be some help file onto what are all those things you can buy? Ofcourse some are descriptive like grenades, but, there are some things there I wasn't sure what it was.

- Leap is very fun, well implemented, there's nice sense of thrust. I did get stuck at one point (inbetween a wall and a container) but eventually got out, after much crouch/jump/moving.

- I await the key binding to be implemented so I can know what's the darn key to change teams.

That's it, looking good overall. I've looked at the Sun rays of light, and the red flowers and though - how unfortunate it is to kill people in such a beautiful place.

--

On OUYA, their page explains everything except it's meaning? it's supposed to be "oh yeah" ?
Old 2012-07-15, 10:35
Look beyond reality.

Thanks for the crits SG! All of the point you spoke about will be fixed in the next patch. There will possibly also be some kind of message-of-the-day in the main menu, with updates and stuff. Also some fixed date/times for playing on specific servers, so people know they can all just connect at that time to find people.

--

I've read that they don't even know what Ouya means themselves. The O stands for open and the rest is just gibberish like "booya".
Old 2012-07-20, 16:54
Do the evolution.

Send a message via MSN to Jasiek Send a message via Skype™ to Jasiek
Doesn't seem it will run in Wine (on Ubuntu 11.10) out of the box.

A "UDK UNREAL DEVELOPMENT KIT" screen just sits there doing nothing.

EDIT:

seems I spoke too soo...

I looked up UDK support in Wine and it's really "bronze/garbage" but I managed to get your installer working.

install in a new prefix, download latest winetricks and do

WINEPREFIX=/home/username/.wine-udk winetricks dotnet40 directx9

this will let you run the GRIM installer, now onwards to testing the actual game!

EDIT2:

Game runs, needs tweaking.
Has the same issue as Mass Effect - meaning the mouse gets trapped in the game window and you can't really move around.
Remembering how to work that out.

EDIT3:
If anyone using Ubuntu wants to try GRIM out here's a howto on patching wine:
http://wiki.winehq.org/Bug6971

I don't feel like doing it right now...
You will be pleased to know though, that GRIM can and does work, rather flawlessly (apart from some sound tearing in the menu and that infamous mouse bug) on Linux.

Last edited by Jasiek; 2012-07-21 at 10:29.