Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > General
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

General The general chatting goes on in here. That means talk about the LBA games and it's world.

Old 2011-11-20, 02:48
~le photographer~

Send a message via MSN to MatheusMK3 Send a message via Skype™ to MatheusMK3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ras maxim View Post
I bought LBA2 CD from my classmate in 1999 because he was tired of the game. He got it from a computer store for free with his computer (along with Turok: Dinosaur hunter, if I am not mistaken). The CD costed me 13 roubles (about 30 cents)!

It was hard to get LBA1, I only found a used PS version through a newspaper, but it didn't work on PC (surprisingly), so I've returned it.

Life is hard in Russia.
Your friend didn't knew what he was tired of... :P

Web | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter
Old 2012-01-24, 07:39
Hero of the Planet

LBA2 came with my old computer, same as a bunch of people. However we only knew it as Twinsen's Odyssey. This being the case, we had no idea it was a sequel, and sort of just accepted that this whole world existed with its own history. I'm not sure why we did that!
It wasn't actually until a year or two later when we saw the ending credits, "Little Big Adventure 2" that we realized. By that time LBA1 was a very old game, and no game store had even heard of it. I only get to play it now because of GOG
The time is near. During the next ceremony, Dark Monk, our reincarnated God, will reunite the four keys of the four Zeelichian races. And the ground will open.. And the gas and its monsters will flee screaming into the sky. And the curse will lift. We will live and die as before, on our Zeelich restored anew.
Old 2012-01-24, 11:56
<3 MP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlowa View Post
LBA2 came with my old computer, same as a bunch of people. However we only knew it as Twinsen's Odyssey. This being the case, we had no idea it was a sequel, and sort of just accepted that this whole world existed with its own history. I'm not sure why we did that!
It wasn't actually until a year or two later when we saw the ending credits, "Little Big Adventure 2" that we realized. By that time LBA1 was a very old game, and no game store had even heard of it. I only get to play it now because of GOG
Exactly the same as what Arlowa said and quite a few others. I tried getting my hands on a copy of relentless for years after discovering a prequel existed after I had played and finished Twinsens Odyssey. I managed to finally get my hands on a copy and had it installed until I got a newer computer, XP I think, and I couldn't get it to work again, although I managed to get Twinsens Odyssey running fine. I just now started playing it again, along with Twinsens Odyssey after gog rereleased them because i couldn't get Twinsens Odyssey or Relentless to work at all on my vista even with the patches and whatnot. Past few years were sad times.
Old 2012-01-28, 15:31
Magic Level: Green Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archas View Post
ps: I played LBA1 for the first time in 2007
Tell me about it lol I have finished LBA 1 just TODAY, 18 years after it was created.
LBA 2 was a first game and my parents gifted it to me as a hint that they going to buy a PC (It was November of 1998). Big full box with amazing cover, box inside with CD and guide book (I still have it right here on my desk , but the box was throwed away). Year or two ago I gave CD to one of a friends of mine, but I can't remember who
Old 2012-01-28, 16:15
Magic Level: Yellow Ball

I borrowed the floppy version of LBA1 many years ago, but never even got as far as White Leaf Desert. It was too hard for me back then. Still, it got me interested enough to buy LBA2 on CD when it came out new. Never played it past White Leaf Desert then either. :-)

Now I just finished LBA1 for the first time ever (LbaWin ftw) and are just starting with part 2. Happy happy joy joy!
Old 2012-01-31, 02:43
Magic Level: Fire Ball

I played LBA2 first because (Yes and now it comes It showed up at Twilight. I didn't want to install it at first because the screenshots in the menu looked very dark en depressing. (Screenshots from the beginning with all the rain, and caves).

After some time i decided to install it anyway and find out what it was. I really struggled to find out how to stop the rain and after a cutscene my bugged twilight game version froze and returned to the desktop. DAMN i was so dissapointed so i got the game from my parents but this time original. I finished it and wanted to play LBA1 but i could not find it anywhere in the shops. After some time i also found LBA1 and finished it. Later i found out how that i lost my LBA2 CD again when i wanted to play it.

So i asked my mom for a new copy and this time they only sold the classic edition.

I can still remember how it felt like playing LBA1. It was much more difficult! But i really liked it! LBA2 will still be my favorite because that is how i got to know the game. And to me that game feels more mature then lba1.
Old 2012-02-16, 17:41
A few steps behind you...

I was playing the of lba 2 demo at first, was looking around for both of the games so that my parents could buy me them, i was around 8 I think. Unfortunately LBA 1 was sold out in the area I lived in in 97-98 (I can't remember when I got it). Luckily I found it in a market place outdoors a rainy december evening when I was looking around the square, it was before the christmas holidays, and a merchant came from another city and he was selling copies of old games, Guess what I found in one of the boxes ? LBA 1.

I asked my parents to buy both of the games for me, and I tried installing both of them, but LBA 1 didnt work on my pc back then (Well you know why), so I was quite down because of that, thats the reason I had to play LBA 2 first.

I was able to play LBA 1 first, in 2000, on playstation, that was the first time I tried the game, I enjoyed it, but still I wanted it for PC to get the same kind of experience i had got with LBA 2. (Well I had the game, but I didnt know the solution of LBAWIN).

I found the MBN in 2002, Registered, I was here on the forums for years, I downloaded LBAWIN, and played the game for the first time in 2003-2004 on PC. I can tell you after finishing LBA 2, I didnt enjoy LBA 1 that much, It was really good historical facts and event coming out of that game which I had no idea about. I was happy to have played LBA 2 at first, like the other member who said there is something magical about that game, I totally agree with that.

I would like to see the LBA 1 remake as soon as possible, perhaps I can introduce the game to my child (Yes I have got a child now ).
Old 2012-02-17, 21:09
Magic Level: Green Ball

Well my father bought LBA2 to me when it came out, I was about 8 yrs old back then. He probably didn't think too hard about if there might be a prequel. I found about LBA1 much later.

Anyway I started learning english by playing this game and it took months to finish - I wish storyline and puzzle based (or simply, adventure) games could take me so much time nowadays.
Old 2012-02-20, 18:47

When i played LBA2 i only knew it as "Twinsuns oddysey" and actually i thought LBA1 was the sequel DX