Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > General
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

General The general chatting goes on in here. That means talk about the LBA games and it's world.

Old 2012-02-25, 19:56
Magic Level: Green Ball

Hitting scene exits in unintended ways

We all know how to get the spacesuit into the main building on Emerald Moon - you hit the exit that lies behind the closed door.

I propose to make a list of scene exits such as this (for example exits behind locked doors), that maybe could be too accessed in an unintended way.

One interesting example would be the Zeelichian souvenir shop - is it possible to get to the dissidents without having the ring?
Old 2012-02-25, 22:50
Magic Ball GrandMaster

As answering your last question, I think not. I've tried a lot of ways, but I think the scene exit lies beyond the bookcase. Unless you know how to walk through it, it won't be possible. In fact, I dare you to find a way, it would make the ManualCX Challenge possible I think.

But back to the thread, what exactly do you mean listing exits? Do you know how many exists there are? Most scenes have 4 exits for every direction, an exit for every isometric scene it offers, and possibly more. Every island on Twinsun has a grid of 16 or more scenes, and on Zeelich they might be smaller but are in bigger numbers. This is a lot of scene exits, I think it would be quite some efford to test them all out for unintended ways?

Sceptical, but interested

Threads: News, Introduction, Discussion, Bugs collection || Content: Characters, Enemies, Items
Words come in all sizes. But even if they fit you,
they might not come at appropriate times.

Good for everyone is finding yourself first,
and then the good in others second.
Old 2012-02-26, 11:56
You Only Live Twice

Send a message via AIM to Twinsan Send a message via MSN to Twinsan
I never knew about that particular "glitch", but i thought it was possible.
Old 2012-02-26, 20:10
Polly parrot

Send a message via MSN to Polaris
To get the spacesuit inside ?! I knew how to get outside without it, but how do you get inside ?
Old 2012-02-26, 22:01
Magic Ball GrandMaster

The same way you get outside without the suit, you can get inside WITH the suit. Sort of...

It has been explained before, but here you go:

Note; I have only been able to get the suit inside the main building from the middle door, th eothers might not be so tolerant.
To get inside the building beyond the airlock on emerald moon (works for both the controlroom and main building), follow these steps:

-Get inside the middle airlock (I believe the triangle) with the suit
-Don't go in the locker, you'll lose the suit there
-(shortcut) stand against the blinking pillar with three lights, JSBing against this will shorten the height because you can stand on the lights
-JSB up to get on the wall
-On the wall, stand above the door and walk off
-You'll land on an invisible ledge above the doorway
-If you push backwards against the wall (by shooting or stepping backwards) you'll fall off into the next room, WITH the suit still on

The suit shoots with level RED power, so this is convenient if you haven't got that magic level yet

Threads: News, Introduction, Discussion, Bugs collection || Content: Characters, Enemies, Items

Old 2012-02-27, 07:50
Polly parrot

Send a message via MSN to Polaris
Cool, thanks.
Old 2012-03-01, 18:38

I meant of course interesting exits, those you shouldn't be able to get through following normal gameplay, and that may lead to solution of some challenges.

There is this invisible ledge behind the bookshelf in the souvenir shop too (it's probably at many places), but you can't keep standing on it. Twinsen stands on it for a while (probably until the recovering-from-fall-animation is over), then falls down. Thus you can't push against the backside of the shelf by trying to move Twinsen (you never get chance to). I thought that you could push against it by being thrown back by a nmp explosion - I believe this would cancel the recovering-from-fall-animation and throw Twinsen back, no matter what's up with the semi-standable-on ledge. Though, a nmp doesn't explode outside of the playable area (as I first noticed here), so you must send it to the good side of the shelf (into the room), then jump into the void and hope that the explosion hits you from the other side of the wall (through the shelf). Actually, this is perfectly workable, I just didn't manage to have the pingouin blow up in the good height (it blew up too soon).
Old 2012-03-01, 18:59

Lol, I incidentally found a way to get arbitrarily many pingouins
Old 2012-03-01, 22:29
Magic Ball GrandMaster

Maybe you could try out ways to stand still on that ledge, eg. timing with behavior shortcuts, or special outfits or something, something that forces the character to freeze or halt, and then something that ultimately gets you in the exit zone

It would make for another major megaskip, this time on another planet, to outrun the best speedrunner
(you do know about my "megaskip: cheating speedrun" thread, don't you?)

Old 2012-03-02, 13:12

Actually I haven't seen that one until now. I found there one JSB that never occurred to me to try (the vast shortcut in the Esmer base). Are full pictures of (at least isometric) scenes to be found somewhere by any chance?

---

Changing behavior actually makes you never land on the ledge, you fall down as if there is no solid object there, just something that triggers the recovery-from-fall animation, but for other purposes doesn't act as a floor you can stand on. But I'll try other things later.
Old 2012-03-02, 16:48
Magic Ball GrandMaster

I haven't seen any pics of it, but I made some myself before I created the thread. See for yourself
The first just jumped over, in the second I'm standing on the wall behind the fence.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Speedrun -- 17.png‎
Views:	49
Size:	105.5 KB
ID:	9083   Click image for larger version

Name:	Speedrun -- 18.png‎
Views:	47
Size:	112.6 KB
ID:	9084  

Old 2012-03-02, 21:07

Hell no! Of course I knew that (I found this out for myself even before reading your challenge thread), but yes sorry I've been vague.

Actually it was a thread that was only mentioned in your thread, this:

http://forum.magicball.net/showthread.php?t=12780

first post, attached picture.

That is, the jump over the water to the red guard and itinerary token. I've been douing it some other way before, I believe having a reserve key after JSBing some door.

I found it interesting because I've been missing on this probably since I failed to realize that the locations are the same scene until now...
Old 2012-03-02, 22:33
Magic Ball GrandMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by draugluin View Post
That is, the jump over the water to the red guard and itinerary token. I've been douing it some other way before, I believe having a reserve key after JSBing some door.

I found it interesting because I've been missing on this probably since I failed to realize that the locations are the same scene until now...
All right, no problem. But what exactly do you mean with this trick, within the esmer base, when you get the token without fighting the esmers somuch? I know how to take the shuttle without red magic level, but what makes you remind it?

On a side note, I too take a different route as suggested by that picture, and found an interesting bug on the go. You can kill the first green guy on skates there in the base, but if you don't use his key on the door, but jump on the wall next to the door, you can walk just off the wall to get in the next room without opening the door. This consequently results in the second green guy on skates to remain frozen. You can now kill him without being hit, and use his key as the spare. Having two keys here is convenient. You could now take a *very long* JSB upwards to the red franco just next to the electric bridge here, but you could also just use the spare key to open the lift.

Last edited by J McKalling; 2012-03-02 at 22:46.
Old 2012-03-03, 15:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by J McKalling View Post
All right, no problem. But what exactly do you mean with this trick, within the esmer base, when you get the token without fighting the esmers somuch? I know how to take the shuttle without red magic level, but what makes you remind it?
I mention that only because you asked me if I knew your megaskip thread. So I politely responded that I didn't, and that I have found something new for me in it Of course, in this thread it is off-topic, but I'll finish explaining why it did interest me:

It was because it showed me that when I was first thinking about taking the shuttle without red magic level, I was still thinking in a box. I managed to do it with the spare keys, but something as simple as jumping all the way up didn't occur to me. If I saw maps of all scenes, I could quickly determine if I missed some other large interesting JSBs, otherways I'll just have to play through again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J McKalling View Post
On a side note, I too take a different route as suggested by that picture, and found an interesting bug on the go. ...
Yes, I've been using the spare key method so far.

Finally, one illustration concerning this thread's topic is attached. You get trasported into the Hacienda steambath by stepping on the lift area from above, without falling down first or triggering the lift-movement-animation. That is, there is an invisible square object that teleports you to another scene upon touching it. You don't have to trigger events like using a lift, or unlocking a door, or touching the object from a specific side.

Of course, this particular unintended way of touching a scene exit isn't much practical use, but illustrates the concept well.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	unex1.JPG‎
Views:	42
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	9085  
Old 2012-03-04, 00:08
Magic Ball GrandMaster

Look at these pics, did you mean this?

1st is the original image I got from the old website
2nd is the simple method suggested by others
3rd is the method I use (takes one JSB less)

Sorry they are so big and 1:1 resolution...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Lba2 temple of bu.jpg‎
Views:	78
Size:	525.4 KB
ID:	9086   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lba2 temple of bu path1.jpg‎
Views:	73
Size:	527.5 KB
ID:	9087   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lba2 temple of bu path2.jpg‎
Views:	74
Size:	532.0 KB
ID:	9088  

Last edited by J McKalling; 2012-03-04 at 00:15.
Old 2012-03-04, 11:17

Yeah, these large pictures are precisely what I meant. Can you post the link where you get other snapshots of whole interior scenes?

By the way, I was originally using the spare key method with unlocking the elevator door before taking the token (the standard route except for JSBing over the very first door).
Old 2012-03-04, 11:57
Magic Ball GrandMaster

Ahyes, I wasn't sure about that last part anyways. In path2, from the part where you do the high JSB onto the fence from the northwest and continue counterclockwise, you could also go around clockwise instead. Even less JSB, but you'll need to use the protopack then because of the bridge.

*Edit:
There is a custom website made by morshem, which gives you a navigable map of LBA1. He doesn't have implemented those for LBA2 yet, but got the images from the Twinsunica. Unfortunately, the Twinsunica has been down for a long time, but some of our members here were able to retrieve all the images back from the server. I have all the normal images, and left the thumbs behind. Others have tried aswell, I don't know how far they came.

Last edited by J McKalling; 2012-03-04 at 12:06.
Old 2012-03-04, 12:11

Lol, I just found morshem's holomap minutes before your post Great, it has all the images I was looking for.
Old 2012-03-04, 12:15
Magic Ball GrandMaster

Images of LBA2 are there all right, though you can't click on the logo at the main page.

Also, the images are displayed at 1:1, which is somewhat difficult to handle. Maybe I can build something that scales things down, or rework the maps to navigate them by an avatar or something.

Last edited by J McKalling; 2012-03-04 at 12:24.

Tags
scene exit list bug