Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > General
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

General The general chatting goes on in here. That means talk about the LBA games and it's world.

Old 2006-07-04, 20:49
The return of

Twinsen Day with Frederick Raynal & Yael Barroz

Finnally ive managed to get to an internet cafe after being denied internet access for two weeks, thanks to a)being in saudi arabia b)saudi telecom working on telephone lines in my region.

After 2 months of intensive projects (for uni) and exams, planning and preperation for my Trip to Lyon, on June 17th I finnally made it to Lyon, and checked in the Part-Diue Hotel. I think the moment the idea of meeting Frederick hit me just before landing, I was looking at the city LBA was born in. Yes, i spent a day (19th of June of 2006) with Frederick Raynal, and there are (only 2 pics of fred) pictures, stories, information, and much more. It was a personal visit, Fred at one point asked if i was going to visit Lyon one day, I said sure why not, and it was settled. We never talked about what we were going to talk about, just who we were going to meet.

Fred took me to LWS as promised, there we met many of the former LBA team. Sebestian Vianny stands out as being the most person we spent time with at that point, we even went to a little French resturant together, and talked over lunch. I got two LBA cards signed my several people.

We ended the day with a conversation about next Gen consoles, after walking through old town, at a little cafe to the right of the Palace Du Justice in old town (the one next to the Kareokee bar).

Before i came back, i felt obliged to visit the offices of LBA's birth. I was told off by people in the building, that didnt matter much, and i tool a picture (must add i was on the phone with darkflame looking for the officies, CHEERS TO DF)

The reason i do not yet have anything ready to seriously talk about is a)Im still building the Twinadv site from scratch myself, and Twinadv is how i usually communicate all the information b)I dont have internet, which sucks since some bigger files cant be uploaded. Im trying to send darkflame a picture of me, Frederick and Tom (my friend from bournemouth who acompanied me on the trip) taken by Yael Barroz (Freds wife, and "Library" as Fred puts it)

There is soo much that happened, anyway ill post it all when i get twinadv up and running again. For the record, no Breakthroughs , quite a bit of talk about LBA3 though. Again, dont mind the delay, there is nothing i can do about it.

Regards
Ahmad Ghourab

Last edited by Axx; 2006-07-04 at 21:00.
Old 2006-07-04, 20:58
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame Send a message via Skype™ to Darkflame
Thanks for the updates
Look forward to getting the pics.
(Please let me know if the site blows up your pc, thanks)
-
Phones & Tricorders & Blobs & Bombs & 3D Printers & TVIntros also;stuff
Old 2006-07-04, 21:07
You what?!

Heh, sounds like y'all had fun.
Old 2006-07-04, 21:41
Look beyond reality.

omg, that's awesome.
I just read "airport.. meeting..fred..former lba team.." though, I'm a bit excited
I'll read it carefully when I'm calmed down.
Old 2006-07-05, 00:05
alexfont

Great news indeed I'm also looking forward for the pics.

The Sacred Carrot website
Old 2006-07-05, 01:32
Still in a dream...

Good to hear from you
Old 2006-07-05, 03:34
Trippin Alien

Thanks for the update Axx!
Old 2006-07-05, 06:00
I'm magically delicious!

Send a message via ICQ to Lightwing
Excellent stuff.
Old 2006-07-05, 12:14
Do the evolution.

Send a message via MSN to Jasiek Send a message via Skype™ to Jasiek
You lucky bastard! (No offence )

Have you guys talked about LBA3?
Old 2006-07-05, 17:15
Sheepie for short

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axx
quite a bit of talk about LBA3

My LBA screenshots page. And some exciting games I have made.
Old 2006-07-05, 20:06
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame Send a message via Skype™ to Darkflame
I'm still waiting for the photos...

As for LBA3, obviously, its something Fred wants to do, and has plans/ideas for it....but he just cant at the moment.
Its beyond his controll.
-
Old 2006-07-06, 00:11
Look beyond reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkflame
As for LBA3, obviously, its something Fred wants to do, and has plans/ideas for it....but he just cant at the moment.
Its beyond his controll.
Sometimes I do have the idea he isn't spending time on it that he could if he wanted.
I also heard him say things like "I would like LBA3 to be made, but I don't think it would sell because it isn't realistic" (or something like "it's not a shooter/war game", anyway..) and I don't think that shows lot of confidence in this game anyway.

I'm waiting for the pics and story too. I know you have to finish you website, but still it's painfull to wait this whole time
Old 2006-07-06, 01:16
I'm magically delicious!

Some creators just get tired of their ideas.

If you assume that Frederick could theoretically make LBA3 happen by doing everything in his power, you also have to assume that he has the passion for it.

He may just not be interested in LBA3 as much as he is in something else.

Having all this said, I have no idea what is true or not.
Old 2006-07-06, 01:50
The return of

FINNALLY after a fucking half hour, the post new message page opens. fooking saudi internet.... Anyway, like i was going to say half an hour ago when i still had hair, why do you gies have to be so negative about LBA3. I never said the news was negative, and it isnt. Me and Fred and even Yael & Sebestian & Tom (my friend) discussed many issues regarding LBA3. I can only say for the moment it is positive, so keep you spirits up. Building Twinadv is almost impossible where i am, so excpect some delays. My plan is to have a simple site, no fancy features, and the petition section wont appear untill the second release. However the design will be new, simple, easy to navigate. I havnt built a site before, so I have no clue howlong this will take. Sometimes I do have the idea he isn't spending time on it that he could if he wanted.I also heard him say things like "I would like LBA3 to be made, but I don't think it would sell because it isn't realistic" (or something like "it's not a shooter/war game", anyway..) and I don't think that shows lot of confidence in this game anyway.I'm waiting for the pics and story too. I know you have to finish you website, but still it's painfull to wait this whole time Quite the opposite, he is spending time on it, quite a bit of time on it as a matter of fact (or thats the impression i got atleast)Also, regarding the second part of your post... well err.... heh youll be deligted to read the articles when im done writing them. My friend will send the pics to DF. I cant send it, hell i cant even download 100k files! Also, ill try my best to create twinadv as fast as possible!
Old 2006-07-06, 02:28
I'm magically delicious!

Hay man, just the fact that you got together with some of the brilliant minds behind the game and actually discussed the future project in some substantial amounts IS good news.
Old 2006-07-06, 07:58
Master of Science & Magic

Even "no news is good news"

Not everybody has the opertunity to work on the things they like. If that was possible we would have seen a lot of more interesting games.
Old 2006-07-06, 10:31
Magic Level: Yellow Ball

I am optimistic
Old 2006-07-06, 10:33
Look beyond reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axx
FINNALLY after a fucking half hour, the post new message page opens. fooking saudi internet.... Anyway, like i was going to say half an hour ago when i still had hair, why do you gies have to be so negative about LBA3. I never said the news was negative, and it isnt. Me and Fred and even Yael & Sebestian & Tom (my friend) discussed many issues regarding LBA3. I can only say for the moment it is positive, so keep you spirits up. Building Twinadv is almost impossible where i am, so excpect some delays. My plan is to have a simple site, no fancy features, and the petition section wont appear untill the second release. However the design will be new, simple, easy to navigate. I havnt built a site before, so I have no clue howlong this will take. Sometimes I do have the idea he isn't spending time on it that he could if he wanted.I also heard him say things like "I would like LBA3 to be made, but I don't think it would sell because it isn't realistic" (or something like "it's not a shooter/war game", anyway..) and I don't think that shows lot of confidence in this game anyway.I'm waiting for the pics and story too. I know you have to finish you website, but still it's painfull to wait this whole time Quite the opposite, he is spending time on it, quite a bit of time on it as a matter of fact (or thats the impression i got atleast)Also, regarding the second part of your post... well err.... heh youll be deligted to read the articles when im done writing them. My friend will send the pics to DF. I cant send it, hell i cant even download 100k files! Also, ill try my best to create twinadv as fast as possible!

Too bad for your connection, I really feel sorry for you.
You could just drop by and use my pc, but I guess that isn't really practical

Also I like the fact he is spending time on LBA3. I also like the fact he's positive about it.
I guess I can't really have an opinion just yet, so let's wait for the website to be done.
I must say I made a website for myself some while ago, although I didn't make the news-posting-php script, I do think it could be a (very, very) simple replacement for the twinadv.
Old 2006-07-08, 13:35
Classic

Here's the photo
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Raynal1.JPG‎
Views:	666
Size:	115.1 KB
ID:	5881  
-
Old 2006-07-08, 13:49
A Link To The Lupin

kewlll, who's Axx ?
Old 2006-07-08, 15:08
Or Emi (was StreGGy)

Send a message via MSN to Streg
Wow man, that's so cooool
Where's yael? She took the pic?

Last edited by Streg; 2006-07-08 at 15:22.
Old 2006-07-08, 16:40
Master of Science & Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axx
My plan is to have a simple site, no fancy features, and the petition section wont appear untill the second release.
Why don't you simply use Drupal? There's not need to reinvent the wheel.
MBN front page also uses drupal, well, a customized version called vbDrupal.
Old 2006-07-08, 17:11
The return of

Cheers darkflame,
Link, guy in the middle. Not the clearest of pictures though.
Yael took the pic. We couldnt take a pic with her because there was nobody around to take the pic for us. Also we sort of got caught up in a conversation about PS3 and nextgen and forgot that Fred had to pick up his son (15 mins before the pic) so we were running

El, ill take a look at it when i get back to london! (6 days)
Old 2006-07-09, 01:00
Boobs!

What, you're going to see him again? If you are, can you ask him if he's found a publisher that's willing to do Lba3?
Old 2006-07-09, 04:35
Hello

Send a message via MSN to Gustav Sweden
Nice shit, axx!