Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > LBA Modifications > LBA Prequel
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LBA Prequel The goal of this project is to make a prequel of LBA1 using the original engine. (homepage)

Old 2006-08-27, 16:45
alexfont

Arrow LBA Prequel Project website launched!!

The LBA Prequel Team is proud to announce the release of the first version of the project website.

The website address is the following: http://lbaprequel.magicball.net
Our team main e-mail is [email address]

You also have a link for the website under the LBA Prequel forum description for easy access.

Hope you like it

- The LBA Prequel Team

The Sacred Carrot website
Old 2006-08-27, 17:06
Master of Science & Magic

Great.. I can't wait for this mod to be released.

Are you going to work on this mod sequentially so that we can gradually play it while you are developing it? Or do we have to wait for it all to be ready? (like episodic content)
I would really like to play a new adventure on Twinsun.
Old 2006-08-27, 18:02
Magic level: Ice Ball

Send a message via MSN to morshem
Wow, very nice
Old 2006-08-27, 18:05
alexfont

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Muerte View Post
Great.. I can't wait for this mod to be released.

Are you going to work on this mod sequentially so that we can gradually play it while you are developing it? Or do we have to wait for it all to be ready? (like episodic content)
I would really like to play a new adventure on Twinsun.
Making a sequentially mod will take the feeling of the game, I think.
Anyway, we want to release a demo for the public and maybe this one could have updates while we're still developing. Is something we need to talk yet since we didn't get yet at this stage. As soon as the script is finished we will see what is the best for all

Good to see you wanna another adventure on Twinsun...

Old 2006-08-27, 19:17
Master of Degree

I don't think it's a good way to release an (unfinished) part of a game. It would be kind of frustrating, when you play, and suddenly a message appears: "the game is not finished, so you can't go to that island. You will have to wait about half of a year for us to release next part."

But a demo will be ok (maybe not one demo, but two or three?).

All LBA technical information goes in here -> LBA File Information Project

LBA Prequel Demo has been released! See our blog
Old 2006-08-27, 21:21
Master of Science & Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexfont View Post
Good to see you wanna another adventure on Twinsun...
Always have been. That's why I asked Fred (during the chat session) if LBA3 was going to get some feature for people to add extra side quests to the game. I always loved the idea of having a grant adventure game with the ability for users to add extra stuff. The only game that tried to do this (Anachronox) didn't succeed very well ( * El_Muerte blames Edios ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zink View Post
I don't think it's a good way to release an (unfinished) part of a game. It would be kind of frustrating, when you play, and suddenly a message appears: "the game is not finished, so you can't go to that island. You will have to wait about half of a year for us to release next part."
I think I'll be able to survive that

The only thing I can think of making episode difficult is that the game isn't linear , because of that you might need to change a certain area to better suit a later part of the game. Doing this in the next episode makes doesn't do good for the continuity.
Old 2006-08-28, 01:07
Whoop

Very nice indeed.
Old 2006-08-28, 08:14
Magic level: Ice Ball

Send a message via MSN to morshem
After going through the site, I must say I'm really looking forward to this game.
Old 2006-08-28, 10:50
Master of Degree

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Muerte View Post
The only thing I can think of making episode difficult is that the game isn't linear , because of that you might need to change a certain area to better suit a later part of the game. Doing this in the next episode makes doesn't do good for the continuity.
Yes, this is a problem also.

Old 2006-08-28, 15:05
Magic Ball Master

Now that's an original story.
Old 2006-08-28, 16:58
Twinsunian Quetch

Send a message via MSN to Quetch Send a message via Yahoo to Quetch
alexfont , I desperately want to help u guys . What can I do ??? I understood u use the LBA engine , with LBA Story Coder , LBa Architect and such , so there will me no use for 3d creation , but I can help with concept art and voice acting later . Please tell me if I can help with anything at all . Nice job with the site BTW
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well, yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that's so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more, perhaps not even that. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." --- Paul Bowles
Old 2006-08-28, 20:27
alexfont

At the moment we still working on the scripts. We just stop working on it the this month the way we can give to the LBA community this website.

I'll register your interest . Btw, since you also wanna help in voice acting you can start recording some auditions. You can go to "Casts->Voice Talent" and then "Casts->Auditions" to know what you can do . You have there the prequel quotes to make the auditions. See the instructions.

About the concept arts, I will talk to you later

Old 2006-08-28, 20:31
Twinsunian Quetch

THANKS A BUNCH MAN !!! I already saw the voice audition and what I have to do but DAMN !!!!!!! I am si sick ( I have a flu ) that I can't even breathe right I will record it in a few days I await you instruction on the register thing you said and of course , the concept art
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well, yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that's so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more, perhaps not even that. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." --- Paul Bowles
Old 2006-08-29, 17:54
Madman

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexfont View Post
At the moment we still working on the scripts. We just stop working on it the this month the way we can give to the LBA community this website.
Yes, the script is coming along but I haven't had much chance to work on it because of uni.

For those who don't know, I just got done with the summer semester, had about two weeks off (which allowed me to add/finish another chapter), and then now I'm back at Uni for the fall semester, which means that while I'll be working on the project, the script will be coming a bit slower than it did earlier this summer. But it is coming along nicely, don't worry, and the team has done a great job since we all come up with new ideas and pick the best ones and blend them into the story.
Old 2006-09-03, 19:08
FishFishFishFishFish

This mod is gonna be so awesome!

I should try to find a way to contribute... I'll hopefully come up with something.
Old 2006-09-03, 20:29
Twinsunian Quetch

and it is gonna be u can help with graphic art , creating islands and rooms using LBA Arhitect , or with voice acting ( things on short ) BTW : CF , why don't u sign on MSN cause u are always offline
Old 2006-09-03, 23:32
Madman

Quetch - check the website, and please send us samples (of all you've mentioned, graphic arts, voice, everything!) to [email address]

Old 2006-09-04, 08:31
Master of Degree

Oh, my... Fishos is back !!

Anyway, you could help Double-J with the story script, if you feel good in it.

Old 2006-09-04, 21:45
Twinsunian Quetch

yep Double-J , I've checked it and will send some samples tomorrow , hoping my recent flu won't affect my voice
Old 2006-09-04, 22:15
alexfont

The Prequel website will be unavailable for moments. Need to make some server configurations. Hope you understand.

The site is now redirect to another website. In few minutes it will be back.

Old 2006-09-05, 01:03
Madman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quetch View Post
yep Double-J , I've checked it and will send some samples tomorrow , hoping my recent flu won't affect my voice
Hope you feel better

Just remember to send them to [email address]

I look forward to hearing them.

Best,
DJ
Old 2006-09-05, 01:19
alexfont

Website is back again. Sorry this 2 hours without him.

Old 2006-09-05, 03:45
Magic Ball Master

Hey Alexfont,

Just a thought are you going to try and add 3d cutscenes like the original lba? I may be able to help you... should be easy to re-create the 'look' of the models and animate scenes for you.

Pm me if your interested.. Not sure how they could be imported to the game.
Old 2006-09-05, 04:02
alexfont

Well for now we still looking for people capable to do such thing in a common format like AVI and also capable of todo 3D static images.
I mean AVI because we will use at beta stage TwinEngine (lba opensource) to help us so we can use AVI format instead of FLA movies.
At the moment we can't yet convert AVI to FLA movies but we plan to have such thing when we need it the most.

Can you please send examples of your work to [email address]?!

I'm glad you're interesting to help us

Old 2006-09-05, 07:58
Twinsunian Quetch

well u can convert avi into fla !!!! fla is a flash extension