Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > LBA Projects > Twinsuniverse > Encyclopedia Twinsunica
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Encyclopedia Twinsunica The Encyclopedia Twinsunica is the older version of the Twinsuniverse, about the world of the LBA games.

Old 2006-11-25, 11:00
Magic level: Ice Ball

Send a message via MSN to morshem
Exclamation The Encyclopedia Twinsunica is BACK!

Yes, this is true... After more than 3 years of no sign of life from the project, your favorite (and only) Little Big Adventure encyclopedia is finally back! Behold the new URL:

http://twinsunica.waxo.nl

omg...

So what has been going on?
As you probably know already, since September 2003, the project walked on the fine line between dead and deceased... Since the death of the free.fr account, the administration page was not available, making update impossible. In October last year, wacko has created a new Twinsunica site, using the MediaWiki software. But since he asked people not to start filling it up yet, this meant no real news.

In July this year, I asked wacko for a permission to fill up the project manually. After he agreed, and ever since, I have been working like crazy in order to fill up the database. This took me more than 4 months to work on, and I can say I'm very satisfied with the results. Even though I haven't announced anything, this wasn't entirely a secret, as the link was available all the time... But either no one noticed it, or they just didn't want to spoil the surprise .

What's new?
More or less everything... except for the contents of course. But that is up to you now .

The current MediaWiki site is quite different from the old site, on several aspects:
  • Anyone can edit. The number one and most basic feature of MediaWiki. From now on, anyone can edit any page he wishes, and make any changes to it. Those of you who are not yet familiar with MediaWiki probably ask yourself now- "but what if someone wishes to vandalize the database?". Well, there is one easy solution for that; when you make an edit to a page, the older version is not deleted completely, but rather saved in the archive. With one click, you can easily roll back an article to its previous version, making vandalism pointless. Also note that I have moderating powers there, so, not only can I roll back your edits, I can also block certain IP addresses from editing. So, work wisely .
  • The hierarchical structure used in the old site no longer exists. That means that browsing the database is now different (and maybe also harder). In order to find an article, you now have to search for it, using the Search bar at the left of the screen. If there is an article with the exact match as you wrote, you will be redirected to it automatically. Additionally, MediaWiki has a redirection feature, that enables a redirection from one article to another. So, for example, if you search for "Baldino", you will be redirected to the "Jerome Baldino" article.

Important note: Searching does not currently work! This means that you have to search for an exact match in order to find your article. We couldn't find a solution for this weird problem, but we hope this will be fixed soon.
  • Discussion pages available. All pages in MediaWiki have corresponding discussion pages, enabling to talk about the article. You can use them to comment about the article, ask any questions, etc.

Also note that this forum is still available for discussion. In short, if you have questions or comments about a specific article, post in its discussion page. If you have a general comment about something, or you wish to start a poll, the forum is the right place.
  • A few changes in the articles' layout:
    (See also this page)

* Stats section is no longer in use; instead, we now have "infoboxes", to display the general information in a more elegant way. See this for additional information.

* "Related to" section is no longer in use; with the magic of MediaWiki, we can now add internal links very quickly, by simply putting [[ and ]] around the text. Therefore, this section is no longer needed.

* Authors section is no longer in use; as the wiki engine enables everyone to edit anything, this just doesn't seem relevant any more. If you wrote something and want recognition for it, you can say in the article's talk page something like "I just added the section about [blah blah blah]...".

Where to start?
1. First of all, PLEASE register. Editing done by guests are more frowned upon, and by registering you ensure that we know who the editor is, and trust the changes he/she made. In the future we might also disable edits made by unregistered users, which should give you another reason to register.

2. If you are not yet familiar with the little miracle called MediaWiki, or just not very used to it, I suggest you start with the Help pages. They give answers to most of the things you need to know about how to use the software, as well some additional information about the Twinsunica.

3. Check out the Current events page; this page lists all job requirements for the Twinsunica, if you wish to help the project.

4. Browse away .

"Can I help?"
Of course! Check out the Current events page, to see how you can help out with the project.

Useful links

And if I may finish with an optimistic note:
Thanks a lot in advance. This project can't exist without you, so it's depending on you
Have fun reading and editing!
Old 2006-11-25, 12:07
Magic Ball Master

Woot woot woot woot woot woot woot! -> Registering
Old 2006-11-25, 12:10
Magic Ball Master

For some reason, I can't correct a spelling mistake at the Main Page. Database Error.
Old 2006-11-25, 12:14

I got this error too when I tried editing the main page, but then I noticed that it did edit it... Your edit went through too.
Old 2006-11-25, 14:30
ScIsSoRsCiSsOrScIsSoRs

WOOOOOOOO that's so cool morsh3m!! And wax0rs!

I love wiki. Yay!
( (__) |___ ___
·\________,' """""----....____
··_______< () dd·······____----'
·/ __ __`.___-----""""
( (__) |
·\____/
Old 2006-11-25, 15:53
Whoop

Great initiative, morshem! You deserve an large batch of milk and cookies.

Also, wacko deserves some too. So does the rest of you whom have started enhancing/editing/adding articles.
Count me in on the joyous boatride too, I love wikis!
Old 2006-11-25, 16:09
alexfont

Hehee, I was already register . I remember being there when wacko start it

MediaWiki gives a really nice organization for this project, I like it a lot the way it is now. Is just not as easy to browse as the old system since we don't have the menu with all articles but it was a great option doing this. Very good work. I think now, this project have all to grow up fast and with quality.

TwinEngine v0.2.0 win32 beta released - open source re-implementation of the LBA 1 original engine.
[Discuss]|[Download]|[Changes]|[SourceCode]|[Issues]

The Sacred Carrot website
Old 2006-11-25, 16:37
ScIsSoRsCiSsOrScIsSoRs

Question to morshem: Since this is an LBA wiki, can I start articles about things related to LBA that are no "inside" the LBA world? Like an article about Adeline (or "history of LBA creation"), an article about LBA model editing, an article about the Magicball Network
( (__) |___ ___
·/ __ __`.___-----""""
( (__) |
·\____/
Old 2006-11-25, 16:48
Whoop

Personally, I think that's an great idea.
Old 2006-11-25, 17:07
alexfont

Morshem, one thing I think doesn't look great in the page.
The character template doesn't fit the look the wiki have, and I really suggest you to adapt wiki original Infobox template in character template, it will look better I think.

Here's the code for the template:
Code:
{| class="infobox bordered" style="width: {{#if:{{{width|}}}|{{{width|}}}|23em}}; font-size: 90%; text-align: left;" cellpadding="3" 
! colspan="2" style="font-size:110%; text-align: center; background-color: #CCCCFF;" | ''{{{title|{{PAGENAME}}}}}''<!--
-->{{#if:{{{image|}}}|<tr><td colspan="2" style="font-size: 100%; text-align: center;">{{{image|}}}{{#if:{{{caption|}}}|<br/><cite>{{{caption|}}}</cite>|}}}}</td></tr>
|-
! style="background-color: #ccccff;" | [[Video game developer|Developer(s)]]
| {{{developer|<noinclude>This is what it looks like if there's a ton of text in a right-column field so people don't freak out when the template stretches itself when all the fields are empty which will never happen.</noinclude>}}}
{{#if:{{{publisher|}}}|<tr><th style="background-color: #ccccff;">[[Video game publisher|Publisher(s)]]</th><td>{{{publisher|}}}</td></tr>}}<!--
-->{{#if:{{{distributor|}}}|<tr><th style="background-color: #ccccff;">Distributor(s)</th><td>{{{distributor|}}}</td></tr>}}<!--
-->{{#if:{{{designer|}}}|<tr><th style="background-color: #ccccff;">[[Game designer|Designer(s)]]</th><td>{{{designer|}}}</td></tr>}}<!--
-->{{#if:{{{series|}}}|<tr><th style="background-color: #ccccff;">Series</th><td>{{{series|}}}</td></tr>}}<!-- This isn't italicized intentionally; not all linked series articles will be entirely composed of proper names of longform works.
-->{{#if:{{{engine|}}}|<tr><th style="background-color: #ccccff;">[[Game engine|Engine]]</th><td>{{{engine|}}}</td></tr>}}<!--
-->{{#if:{{{version|}}}|<tr><th style="background-color: #ccccff;">Latest version</th><td>{{{version|}}}</td></tr>}}
|-
! style="background-color: #ccccff; white-space: nowrap;" | Release&nbsp;date(s)
| {{{release|}}}{{{released|}}}
|-
! style="background-color: #ccccff;" | [[Computer and video game genres|Genre(s)]]
| {{{genre|}}}
|-
! style="background-color: #ccccff;" | Mode(s)
| {{{modes|}}}
{{#if:{{{ratings|}}}|<tr><th style="background-color: #ccccff;">Rating(s)</th><td>{{{ratings|}}}</td></tr>}}
|-
! style="background-color: #ccccff;" | Platform(s)
| {{{platforms|}}}
{{#if:{{{media|}}}|<tr><th style="background-color: #ccccff;">Media</th><td>{{{media|}}}</td></tr>}}<!--
-->{{#if:{{{requirements|}}}|<tr><th style="background-color: #ccccff;">System requirements</th><td>{{{requirements|}}}</td></tr>}}<!--
-->{{#if:{{{input|}}}|<tr><th style="background-color: #ccccff;">Input</th><td>{{{input}}}</td></tr>}}<!--
-->{{#if:{{{cabinet|}}}|<tr><th style="background-color: #ccccff;">[[Arcade cabinet]]</th><td>{{{cabinet}}}</td></tr>}}<!--
-->{{#if:{{{arcade system|}}}|<tr><th style="background-color: #ccccff;">[[Arcade system board|Arcade&nbsp;system(s)]]</th><td>{{{arcade system}}}</td></tr>}}<!--
-->{{#if:{{{cpu|}}}|<tr><th style="background-color: #ccccff;">Arcade&nbsp;[[Central processing unit|CPU(s)]]</th><td>{{{cpu}}}</td></tr>}}<!--
-->{{#if:{{{sound|}}}|<tr><th style="background-color: #ccccff;">Arcade [[Sound chip|sound system]](s)</th><td>{{{sound}}}</td></tr>}}<!--
-->{{#if:{{{display|}}}|<tr><th style="background-color: #ccccff;">[[Computer display|Arcade display]]</th><td>{{{display}}}</td></tr>}}
|}<noinclude>
<br clear="all" />

== Usage ==
{| style="background: transparent; border: none;"
|<pre>
{{Infobox CVG
|title= 
|image= 
|caption= 
|developer= 
|publisher= 
|distributor= 
|designer= 
|series= 
|engine= 
|version= 
|released= [[Pic|22px|Name]]Release Date 1<br />[[Pic|22px|Name]] Release Date 2<br /> ...
|genre= 
|modes= 
|ratings= 
|platforms= 
|media= 
|requirements= 
|input= 
}}
</pre>
|-
|Add these fields for arcade games:
|-
|<pre>|cabinet= 
|arcade system= 
|cpu= 
|sound= 
|display= 
|width= 
</pre>
''All fields are optional.''

''See talk page for examples and standards''
|}
{{esoteric}}
[[Category:Computer and video game infobox templates|CVG]]
[[Category:Templates using ParserFunctions|{{PAGENAME}}]]

[[da:Skabelon:Infoboks CS]]
[[de:Vorlage:Konsolenspiel Infobox]]
<!-- [[en:Template:Infobox CVG]] -->
[[es:Plantilla:Infobox Videojuego]]
[[fr:Modèle:Jeu vidéo]]
[[he:תבנית:מידע משחק]]
[[ja:Template:コンピュータゲーム]]
[[no:Mal:Infoboks dataspill]]
[[pt:Predefinição:Info jogo]]
[[sv:Mall:TV-spelsfakta]]
[[ru:Шаблон:Карточка игры]]
[[sr:Шаблон:КВИ]]
[[tr:Şablon:Bilgisayar Oyunu Künyesi]]
[[vi:Tiêu bản:Infobox CVG]]
[[zh:Template:Infobox CVG]]
[[nl:Sjabloon:Infobox Game]]
</noinclude>
If you want I can try making that modification and see how it work.

TwinEngine v0.2.0 win32 beta released - open source re-implementation of the LBA 1 original engine.

Old 2006-11-25, 17:27

ChaosFish- Actually, as I wrote here, the Twinsunica should only be about in-game terms... This is debatable though, and maybe in the future this will be something to think about. Currently I prefer to focus mainly on in-game terms... But maybe some time in the future, I don't know...

Alexfont- Well, If's and such are a bit beyond my MediaWiki knowledge . Also we currently have a rather old version (1.4, while there's 1.8 available), and I'm not even sure if these are supported.
Of course you can try modifying the template, that would be great.
Old 2006-11-25, 17:36
alexfont

I'm also not good in MediaWiki knowledge but I've been trying now, I'm almost came with something, but is not yet perfect. Need to do some more tests.

Btw, if I replace the character template it will be automatically changed??

All the fields are mandatory???

Old 2006-11-25, 17:37

Yes, but make sure that you keep the same parameters, as all articles that use the template already use those
Old 2006-11-25, 18:53
ScIsSoRsCiSsOrScIsSoRs

My attempt to make a replacement to the wonderful wiki flower for Twinsunica:

Anyone knows how to edit wiki skins? I feel like trying to make a skin for Twinsunica wiki if no one objects.
( (__) |___ ___
·/ __ __`.___-----""""
( (__) |
·\____/
Old 2006-11-25, 21:09
Whoop

Let the wiki'ing begin!

That's quite an nice concept, Fishos, but feels too cluttered. It should be rather simple and clutterfree, I believe. Otherwise it would become tedious to watch after awhile. It appears on every single page on the wiki, after all.

As for editing wiki skins, you can not edit them yourself since you do not have access to server. However, you could download an skin somewhere, just search google, and edit it using notepad or something simillar. However, you won't be able to see your changes until you throw them up on a server running mediawiki.

Ask wacko perhaps, maybe he could give you somekind of access to the server so you could mess around with skins. So long as you don't delete or change the default ones, you won't mess up anything very badly. I'd say you should give it a try.

As for the approach for the design of the wiki skin, I would like to have an fairly simillar design to the old Twinsunica design. I'm sure it's possible to re-implement it without doing too much work.

It would look hot!

Happy Twinsunicaning, everybody!
Old 2006-11-25, 21:10
alexfont

Hey morshem, take a look at the Character template and see if you like it

Old 2006-11-25, 21:11
alexfont

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosFish View Post
Question to morshem: Since this is an LBA wiki, can I start articles about things related to LBA that are no "inside" the LBA world? Like an article about Adeline (or "history of LBA creation"), an article about LBA model editing, an article about the Magicball Network
Why not make a another wiki only for that kind of things???

Old 2006-11-25, 21:14
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexfont View Post
Hey morshem, take a look at the Character template and see if you like it
Looking good!
And next time log in.
Old 2006-11-25, 21:39
Member #174

Send a message via MSN to Assassin
Nice work morshem!
Old 2006-11-25, 21:44
ScIsSoRsCiSsOrScIsSoRs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeless View Post
Let the wiki'ing begin!

That's quite an nice concept, Fishos, but feels too cluttered. It should be rather simple and clutterfree, I believe. Otherwise it would become tedious to watch after awhile. It appears on every single page on the wiki, after all.

As for editing wiki skins, you can not edit them yourself since you do not have access to server. However, you could download an skin somewhere, just search google, and edit it using notepad or something simillar. However, you won't be able to see your changes until you throw them up on a server running mediawiki.

Ask wacko perhaps, maybe he could give you somekind of access to the server so you could mess around with skins. So long as you don't delete or change the default ones, you won't mess up anything very badly. I'd say you should give it a try.

As for the approach for the design of the wiki skin, I would like to have an fairly simillar design to the old Twinsunica design. I'm sure it's possible to re-implement it without doing too much work.

It would look hot!

Happy Twinsunicaning, everybody!
That's what I meant by editing a skin, I didn't mean having access to the wiki, just how to create a skin. Little Ms. Understanding. Thanks for the instructions.

How about this?
( (__) |___ ___
·/ __ __`.___-----""""
( (__) |
·\____/
Old 2006-11-25, 21:56
alexfont

I made my try too

First try:

With background to have a look like the current wiki logo with gray background:

This is my favorite:

Kobold, I didn't realize it because I was logged before
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Twinsunica_logo2_bg.png‎
Views:	778
Size:	27.1 KB
ID:	6329   Click image for larger version

Name:	Twinsunica_logo2.png‎
Views:	767
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	6330   Click image for larger version

Name:	Twinsunica_logo1.png‎
Views:	783
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	6331  

Old 2006-11-25, 22:22

Hey Alexfont, very nice work with the character template! You think you could do the same with the other templates? I really like this design.

Nice works with the logos, too. Maybe we will have a poll soon..
Old 2006-11-25, 22:28
ScIsSoRsCiSsOrScIsSoRs

Cool Alex!

- nice one
( (__) |___ ___
·/ __ __`.___-----""""
( (__) |
·\____/
Old 2006-11-25, 22:29
ScIsSoRsCiSsOrScIsSoRs

Another idea -
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	swordsnake.png‎
Views:	877
Size:	14.3 KB
ID:	6332  
( (__) |___ ___
·/ __ __`.___-----""""
( (__) |
·\____/
Old 2006-11-25, 23:28
ScIsSoRsCiSsOrScIsSoRs

Attempt to make it with a title:

edit: a nicer one -
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Image30.png‎
Views:	237
Size:	23.7 KB
ID:	6333   Click image for larger version

Name:	Image31.png‎
Views:	745
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	6334  
( (__) |___ ___
·/ __ __`.___-----""""
( (__) |
·\____/

Last edited by ChaosFish; 2006-11-25 at 23:36.