Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > News
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

News Discuss the news posted on the MBN here

Old 2008-09-08, 22:10
The return of

Exclamation Didier Chanfray - Little Worlds Studio Interview

Hello Ahmad,

I hope you're doing fine since our meeting in Lyon.
Sorry for the late reply. During the summer, LWS looks like a hive of activity.
We're finishing some games, starting new ones...

Thanks for your support. The team is working very hard, young ones like old ones - J ...

How, as a studio, has Little Worlds progressed from 2003?

The first activity of LWS was to make, as a contractor, some interactive programs for the DVD format. Then, in 2006, as a response to the increasing demand from the editors, we organized our production line for NDS development.

Can you tell us a little bit about the projects you've worked on?

Until today we have been developing mainly ordered products. The themes and licenses are various. The studio is capable of great adaptability. The targeted age ranges differ a lot from one title to another, what they have in common is the "accessibility" of the interactive experience. We can say they are "casual" products.

What titles are you working on at the moment?

For privacy reasons I can't say everything. Here is some information:
September/October releases:

"Léa passion Décoration" NDS - UBISOFT ("Léa loves decorating")
"Drôle d'exercices - Astérix & Obélix" NDS - ATARI ("Funny exercises - Asterix & Obelix")
"Equitation Galops 1->7" NDS - ATARI ("Horse-riding Galops 1 to 7", Galop is a french Horse-riding exam)

What franchise or IP (TV,film etc) would you like to make a dvd game based around if you had the rights?

Instead of a franchise or license, I would rather associate one (or more) famous artist(s) to a DVDi project (director, actor, musician...).

How will LWS progress and grow in the future?

LWS progresses cautiously, step by step. We will continue providing services for NDS games while starting our own projects.

If the opportunity presented itself, is LWS flexible enough to collaborate with other studios on projects?

We are completely open to this eventuality. I personaly get involved in some other development studios' projects from time to time.

Are there any plans for LBA3 in the foreseeable future?

So far, there is no precise plan for LBA3. Fred & Yaël are very busy, Seb and me too. But we don't give up on maybe one day starting to create the 3rd part of the game, one way or another.

Seb joins me to thank you for the interest you show in LWS.
Best wishes.

++
DID

Translated by Link

Last edited by elmuerte; 2008-09-09 at 21:06.
Old 2008-09-09, 21:00
Master of Science & Magic

The original untranslated response:
Quote:
Bonjour Ahmad,

J’espère que tu vas bien depuis notre rencontre à Lyon.
Désolé pour ma réponse tardive. L’été, LWS ressemble à une ruche en effervescence. Des jeux se terminent d’autres démarrent…

Merci pour tes encouragements. L’équipe travaille très dur, les jeunes comme les vieux - J …

How, as a studio, has Little Worlds progressed from 2003?

La première activité de LWS a été de faire, en tant que prestataire, des applications interactives au format DVD. Puis, en 2006 sous la demande croissante des éditeurs nous avons organisé notre de chaîne de production au développement NDS.

Can you tell us a little bit about the projects you've worked on?

Jusqu’à aujourd’hui nous avons développé, essentiellement, des produits de commande. Les thèmes et licences sont variés. Le studio fait preuve d’une grande adaptabilité. Les tranches d’ages visées sont très différentes selon les titres, le point commun entre eux est « l’accessibilité » de l’expérience interactive. On peut parler de produit « casual ».

What titles are you working on at the moment?

Pour des raisons de confidentialité je ne peux pas tout te dire. Mais voila quelques informations :
Sortie Septembre/octobre
« Léa passion Décoration » NDS - UBISOFT
« Drôle d’exercices – Astérix& Obélix » NDS - ATARI
« Equitation Galops 1>7 » NDS - ATARI

What franchise or IP (TV,film etc) would you like to make a dvd game based around if you had the rights?

Plutôt qu’une franchise ou licence, j’associerai davantage un (ou des) artiste(s) connu(s) à un projet DVD-I (réalisateur, comédien, Musicien…).

How will LWS progress and grow in the future?

LWS progresse prudemment, étape après étape. On va continuer à faire de la prestation NDS tout en initiant nos propres projets.

If the opportunity presented itself, is LWS flexible enough to collaborate with other studios on projects?

Nous ne sommes pas du tout fermés à cette éventualité. Moi-même, j’interviens de temps en temps sur des projets d’autres studios de développement.

Are there any plans for LBA3 in the foreseeable future?

A ce jour il n’y pas de plan précis au sujet de LBA3. Fred & Yael sont très occupés, Seb et moi aussi. Mais nous ne désespérons pas qu’un jour nous puissions nous mettre à la création du 3ème volet d’une manière ou d’une autre.

Seb se joint à moi pour te remercier de l’intérêt que tu portes à LWS.
Amicalement

++
DID
Old 2008-09-09, 22:56
I'm magically delicious!

Send a message via ICQ to Lightwing
Awsome. Thanks for the news and the translation.
Old 2008-09-09, 23:31
Madman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axx View Post
So far, there is no precise plan for LBA3.
For the people wondering why some of us oldies are so negative or cynical, look no further.
Old 2008-09-09, 23:35
A Link To The Lupin

Of course, the chances to see LBA3 are small after so much time, but there's still hope.
Old 2008-09-09, 23:40
Master of Science & Magic

it's like any pet project, there are a lot of game devs who want to create a certain sequel but can't for the moment, but that doesn't mean they'll jump on it when they get the opportunity.
Old 2008-09-09, 23:47
A Link To The Lupin

For sure, this doesn't seem to suggest Didier will jump on the opportunity...
Although it doesn't have to be the original team. I'm confident Fred & Yaël will make it when they get the opportunity.
Old 2008-09-10, 01:37
You what?!

Nice interview, but the position on LBA3 looks rather negative today.
Old 2008-09-10, 04:29
LOLwut?

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmuerte View Post
it's like any pet project, there are a lot of game devs who want to create a certain sequel but can't for the moment, but that doesn't mean they'll jump on it when they get the opportunity.
Are you sure? I think they are more than ready to "jump on it" when "the times comes(sic*)"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Link View Post
Although it doesn't have to be the original team. I'm confident Fred & Yaël will make it when they get the opportunity.
What kind of LBA would be that one?
Fred and Yaël aren't the only ones who made LBA so special.

Could you imagine a LBA game with the music composed by John Williams? Well, maybe you could, but it won't sound LBAish.

Same goes for art design and stuff. If Didier can't make his time for LBA3, then it's better to don't see it happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitarii View Post
Nice interview, but the position on LBA3 looks rather negative today.
Same feeling here

My libido is falling...

Anyway, I think we should wait for the Fred Raynal's answers later this year!

^ ; ^

(*) Frédérick Raynal (translated, of course)

Old 2008-09-10, 09:28
A Link To The Lupin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGaspar View Post
What kind of LBA would be that one?
Fred and Yaël aren't the only ones who made LBA so special.

Could you imagine a LBA game with the music composed by John Williams? Well, maybe you could, but it won't sound LBAish.

Same goes for art design and stuff. If Didier can't make his time for LBA3, then it's better to don't see it happen.
I'm not saying a completely different team. We need Philippe Vachey as musician, that's for sure. But it doesn't have to be the same programmers or artists. The graphic techniques have changed a lot since LBA2. They were low-poly geniuses, I'm not sure what they would do with More polygons...

Anyway, I don't think it's simply possible to have the exact same team reunited. Even between LBA1 & 2 the team changed. You've got to accept that if LBA3 is ever made, it will be different. It doesn't mean it won't be good.
Old 2008-09-10, 10:07
Member #174

Send a message via MSN to Assassin
HAI GUYS! WHEN DOES GAME LBA3 COME OUT???????

I AM VERY BIG FAN OF GAME LBA2!!!!!!
Old 2008-09-10, 11:10
Twinsunian Quetch

Send a message via MSN to Quetch Send a message via Yahoo to Quetch
I never thought I'd say this but oh wtf ... so they won't ever make a LBA3 ... so what ??? as long as I keep LBA in my heart, I know I'll make some fan game one day
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well, yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that's so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more, perhaps not even that. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." --- Paul Bowles
Old 2008-09-10, 13:00
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame Send a message via Skype™ to Darkflame
I'm interested in any game made by the original team with a decent budget.

So the success of their casual stuff will help their studio get bigger and work on more interesting stuff.

The fact they have used a big lisence like Asterix is a positive sign though.
(Please let me know if the site blows up your pc, thanks)
-
Phones & Tricorders & Blobs & Bombs & 3D Printers & TVIntros also;stuff
Old 2008-09-10, 20:36
A Link To The Lupin

Sure, but at this speed we're still really far from LBA like games.

To be honest I think I would like more to see a new game, very close to LBA in the concept but with another universe, from the LBA team. Trium Planeta was really promising, too bad it never happened.
Old 2008-09-15, 23:50
Magic Level: Yellow Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Link View Post
Sure, but at this speed we're still really far from LBA like games.

To be honest I think I would like more to see a new game, very close to LBA in the concept but with another universe, from the LBA team. Trium Planeta was really promising, too bad it never happened.
This.

LBA3 would be awesome, but right now I'd take any game made by Raynal and co.
Old 2008-09-16, 00:10
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame Send a message via Skype™ to Darkflame
I'd like to see them do a WiiWare game. They seem fairly cheap to make, theres not many good things there yet, and (apperently) Nintendo gives a better percentage then microsoft or sony.

Something like Lost Winds could work.
A short, artistic, fun game.
I also thing Lost Winds has a style that could suit lba. (landscape wise, not charecters)
(Please let me know if the site blows up your pc, thanks)
-
Phones & Tricorders & Blobs & Bombs & 3D Printers & TVIntros also;stuff
Old 2008-09-17, 15:21
Madman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkflame View Post
I'd like to see them do a WiiWare game. They seem fairly cheap to make, theres not many good things there yet, and (apperently) Nintendo gives a better percentage then microsoft or sony.
I'd rather it be a PSN game. If it's a Wii game, I'll have to actually turn on my Wii. :P
Old 2008-09-17, 19:23
Magic Ball Master

Oh that's hard isn't it? I change between my SNES and Wii every day.
Old 2008-09-18, 11:15
alexfont

There are various cable connectors (SCART for example) where you only need to switch a button or the automatic ones which automatically choose the SCART cable with signal.

The Sacred Carrot website

Tags
interview, lia