PDA

View Full Version : Phase 1.3: What to do with unknown areas [design issue]

elmuerte
2006-06-29, 22:23
There is a lot of unknown space, specially on Twinsun. For the sea part it doesn't matter much since it's sea.
But a lot of islands have unknown areas and there are unknown places between various scenes in the LBA1 islands. For example I don't think that the library is located directly behind the fortress on Principal Island.
The question is, what would be the best way to represent that.

And obvious solution would be to use a blurry image with the average color that might be at that location. In that blurry would then be a message that there is no detailed info for that location. It's ugly, but it's the best solution.

Kobold
2006-06-30, 12:31
Yeah, I think that's the best solution.
As for Emerald Moon, which has a lot of unknown areas, I would just make them up.

elmuerte
2006-06-30, 17:01
I don't think we should make up things, if we don't know for sure just leave it unknown.

Kobold
2006-06-30, 20:33
Well, you can look at the Emerald Moon holomap. :moon::holomap:
Anyway, who cares...

elmuerte
2006-06-30, 21:07
well that was the point... but at a certain level we have no more info

Sniper Master
2006-07-05, 09:58
Yeah, I think that's the best solution.
As for Emerald Moon, which has a lot of unknown areas, I would just make them up.
The rest of the moon was just green craters, wasn't it?

Kobold
2006-07-05, 11:45
The rest of the moon was just green craters, wasn't it?
This picture (http://www.magicball.net/image_galleries/lba2/high_resolution/the_moon) clearly shows what's up: just green craters.

elmuerte
2006-07-05, 13:11
maybe we should steal images from our moon and paint them emerald green |)

morshem
2006-07-05, 16:18
http://moon.google.com/ would be a great source for that ;) .

btw, try zooming in there all the way, lol ;)

elmuerte
2006-07-16, 20:53
Ok I think this issue is resolved:

Unknown areas are simply blurry up to the color that matches it most closely, including a notification that more detailed images are not available

Kitarii
2006-07-23, 10:03
I jumped over the reactor on LBA2, trying to see if there was anything further, and you slide down then mountain, then there's like this green water... It's kinda crap. Also if you look at the moon holomap, you can see that the base is sorta on an island.

And I think it is all based around craters, the moon base was currently the only point of interest..