PDA

View Full Version : Uk Mbn Meeting

Panda
2002-10-24, 00:48
Ok, seeing as the other thread was a failure, this thread will be a success. The Dutchies did it within 2 pages; if they can do it, so can we. However, here are the rules:

- Please post only useful comments. Nothing like "Lets meet at my house today."
- Please take it seriously, and suggest sensible locations where we can all make it.
- Please be polite; no cussing or aswearing at people if they get something wrong. If we're gonna meet, we gotta organise it together.
- Remember, we want to have fun, not end up hating eachother and wanting to never talk again, so lets all make an effort to get along.

Ok, right, I think London would be a good place because its got lots of places to visit, and I think everyone can make it, due to most towns having a direct Rail link to the capital. Any other Suggestions are welcome.

Currently suggested areas:
- London

Darkflame
2002-10-24, 03:36
Originally posted by Pandemona

- Please take it seriously, and suggest sensible locations where we can all make it.

-sigh-
You dont get it?
Thats impossible, you can only find areas where MOST people can make it, and you wont know those areas till AFTER everyone has listed places where they can make it.
That was the whole point of that map, its a shame few people bothered using it.
--
Im sorry to go slightly offtopic, but the dutch didn't do it in 2 pages, they had other threads as well :p

kaderoboy
2002-10-24, 07:45
Hm, I was expecting this thread to open in the next holidays or something, anyway I would suggest Birmingham since it does have a lot of places to visit, however noone seems to want to go there :-/
The Dutch had a location they could all agree on because of the short train route to the place available to every member going...

HomerSimpson
2002-10-24, 12:22
bit offtopic:

We went to that place because it was Central. For me, it wasn't a short route. But the Netherlands are a bit smaller than England, so...

Morden279
2002-10-24, 13:14
Pan, we have to be realistic, no way can ALL of us make it. Bar someone here being Richard Branson and having influence over everyone in your guys' lives, it's near impossible. If you can't get to the meeting location, hard luck.

I'd go for London because;

1: Good transport routes to the city
2: Familliar surroundings (Landmarks, etc)
3: Lots to do
4: Good transport (tube) in the city.

After we've decided on the location, we move onto the date, then time, and so on.

Remember, if you can't suggest a mature and feasable location or comment, don't.

Regards,
Morden

Darkflame
2002-10-24, 20:23
I vote for anywhere in scotland ( kaderoboy, your not the only one)

Morden279
2002-10-24, 23:13
DF, why scotland? For most of us, it's a pretty long trip and not as easy to get to as London.

Regards,
Morden

kaderoboy
2002-10-25, 08:27
Well for me Scotland would be only a half-hour extra as you can fly straight into Ediburgh airport, don't know how everyone else living in the UK will get there though. Heh, I'd have to something else there though (i.e visit friends or something) because flying all the way to a location most people didn't want to go to is pretty pointless :p

Morden279
2002-10-25, 10:19
It's just that myself and Starman live in the south west, and last time I checked, it'd be an 8 hour journey by coach to get up to scotland.

Regards,
Morden

Panda
2002-10-25, 10:36
Yes, it would be a long journey by car/coach, but why not fly? Yes, I know it sounds ridiculous, but all these "lo-cost" airlines are offering tickets for £7 pounds return. Surely that can't be too expensive. And everyone should have a passport unless they were smuggled into the country, so thats not a problem either.
Ok well, so far we have 2 places suggested:- London and Scotland, so take your pick guys. Mind you, the journey to London isnt too long is it?

Pandemona

Morden279
2002-10-25, 10:44
Originally posted by Pandemona
I know it sounds ridiculous, but all these "lo-cost" airlines are offering tickets for £7 pounds return.

Yeah it does a bit. :rolleyes:

I'll have to check, but I doubt that any airline would be THAT cheap...

I'm still for london.

Regards,
Morden

Phoenix
2002-10-25, 13:22
£7? no way!

And I dont have a passport it expired last June, but you won't need one to get to scotland anyway.

Xakep_INC
2002-10-25, 17:49
Why not in Israel :D??

Darkflame
2002-10-25, 21:45
Actualy there are tickets that cheap, but theres normaly a good reason for that price (traveling at 1 am or something).
£30 is a good price for a london to edinburgh flight.
--
Morden279 - Im going their anyway at hollidays for a short period over christmass anyway.
Im mainly going to help my brother with his pc, but I also want to viste the GameON exhibition, and possible go to a Dave Gorman show.
Both the GameON exhibition and the Dave Gorman show I think will be cool things to do in a group.

Panda
2002-10-25, 22:52
sorry, not being rude, but i am not spending £30 to go to scotland. for me thats a lot of money, money i dont have, so its a no no :/

McKay
2002-10-26, 15:20
Ok, it seems London is something we wouldnt mind, so the date being 26 October today, two weeks would be 9th November.
Two weeks is GOOD notice.

London - Kings Cross station - 13:00 hours - Saturday 9th November.

Say if you can make that or not. No more dates suggested until we have decided what to do with this date.

Raymond_the_elf
2002-10-26, 16:02
I stayed out of the last topic because most people here (from the uk) live in england. I stay in glasgow which appears to be the only good reason for holding it in scotland but unless theres other 13 and unders living in edinburgh i dont see any point in going there as im only allowed to travel with in glasgow. Not that im important but i feel youd all benefit if it was held in england.

Panda
2002-10-26, 23:50
at this rate there wont be an mbn meeting..........................

McKay
2002-10-27, 11:01
Sorry. I ONLY WENT AND POSTED A BLOODY DATE TIME LOCATION!

lembo
2002-10-27, 13:40
hmmm...i believe Birmingham was also suggested, which would seem more sensible, being in the middle of the country. Not entirely sure what there is to do there....any suggestions?

incidentally, is anyone interested in LBA from the uk invited to this? (i.e. me) or is it just regulars/people who've been here ages...?

Oh, and the date/time would *probably* be okay for me, can't guarantee anything 'til the day before or something tho :P

Lembo...

Phoenix
2002-10-27, 13:43
It's anyone.

Darkflame
2002-10-27, 16:40
Ramond_the_elf - Cant you make it too edinburgh? Theres lots to do there.
Allthough I was thinking around christmass.
Maybe there could be a londer's meeting and another for people that our willing to travel further?

McKay
2002-10-27, 16:57
We could go christmas shopping!:p

Raymond_the_elf
2002-10-27, 19:44
df, I would love to come, so if it was held in edinburgh i would make an attempt to come. I have family in edinburgh, so i could get on a train, then my uncle could give me a lift to where-ever, but as i allready said, im one insignificant little scottish elf, you are one big mass of english people, so would it not be easier to meet in england and leave me behind.

McKay
2002-10-27, 19:47
Stop it. Your making me feal guilty.

HomerSimpson
2002-10-27, 19:49
Originally posted by McKay
Stop it. Your making me feal guilty.

That's the idea:D

Raymond_the_elf
2002-10-27, 19:49
Damn it shut up mckay!:mad:

Stay on topic!:mad: :glove: :mad:

McKay
2002-10-27, 20:04
Like you didnt.

Raymond_the_elf
2002-10-27, 20:06
Thats better.

Darkflame
2002-10-27, 21:39
Originally posted by Ramond_the_elf
df, I would love to come, so if it was held in edinburgh i would make an attempt to come. I have family in edinburgh, so i could get on a train, then my uncle could give me a lift to where-ever, but as i allready said, im one insignificant little scottish elf, you are one big mass of english people, so would it not be easier to meet in england and leave me behind.

Actualy theres likely to be just a few in edinburgh :p
Ill check dates for all I want to do there, cross check with some other stuff, and try to find a good date.

CS2x
2002-10-27, 22:31

This would be most ideal for me, and I suspect, many of the mbn members who live in London.

We could never decide on a place where ALL of us could go, unfortunately, so there must be a place where the largest amount of members could attend...and that is London I think.

Scotland is plain ridiculous...sorry, but I cannot afford to spend that sort of money.

Darkflame
2002-10-27, 22:58
Its ridiculous to YOU, please make the distinction there :rolleyes:

Phoenix
2002-10-28, 01:28
no, it's ridiculous to everyone EXCEPT you who HAS to be in scotland anyway, Kadero who is coming from Saudi and RtElf who lives in scotland.

Just STFU about scotland it's pissin me off!

kaderoboy
2002-10-28, 09:22
If the majority of the people who want to have this meeting disagree on Scotland, then let's just move it to some place they'll agree on (which is pretty much impossible for several reasons) or else we'll have no meeting at all.

G.A. Zogem
2002-10-28, 09:28
I won't be around then... and my parents wouldn't ever accept :p They think you are 45 year old paedophiles... (and I know you're not) :p

I will be in the London suburbs between Nov 1st and Nov 3rd

Phoenix
2002-10-28, 14:20
I'm sure even 45yr old peadophiles have better things to do than rape french boys. You can tell yer parents from me they're pretty naive if that's what they think, one of the majority of ppl who just believe everything they hear on the TV and apply it to everything in that category. If this was an IRC chatroom called #teenyboppers-R-US then yeah fine, run a mile, but this is hardly anything like that now is it!

Morden279
2002-10-28, 14:39
Originally posted by Phoenix
I'm sure even 45yr old peadophiles have better things to do than rape french boys.

Merp. :p

Anyway, I'm with the majority on this. Despite Darkflame being "the man" and the one member I have the most in common with, I completely disagree on Scotland.

The meeting place has to be one fr the MAJORITY of members, NOT the minority.

I still vouch for London next year.

Regards,
Morden

CS2x
2002-10-28, 20:31
That was my point Darkflame....although Scotland would be good for a few people, London would be far better for the majority.:)

Morden279
2002-10-28, 21:35
Couldn't have put it better myself. :)

Regards,
Morden

Panda
2002-10-28, 22:35
right. well i have a rough idea of london. Me n CS2x can guide ya round, I'm sure McKay knows something about London, mm who else........... bah i dunno. If anything most people have a mobile so should we get lost or soemthing we can phone up and get back on track.

Darkflame
2002-10-29, 02:24
Originally posted by Phoenix
no, it's ridiculous to everyone EXCEPT you who HAS to be in scotland anyway, Kadero who is coming from Saudi and RtElf who lives in scotland.
Just STFU about scotland it's pissin me off!

So thats me, and 3 others at least :rolleyes:
Why do you think people want to go to London? Because they
live there! So its unfair to critsis Ramond_the_elf for that reason.
Im getting irratated by you telling me to shut up, simple because Im not agreeing.
Im well aware the majority want somewhere else, but thats no reason to think no-one wants scotland, and no one will say they will either if you surpress the very surgestion of it.
And if you bothered paying attention my surgestion was too have two meetings, one "londer's" meeting for people that can/will only travel to london, and another for people willing to travel to scotland.

Phoenix
2002-10-29, 12:49
then start your own scotland thread or something, but as i said it's clear nobody except the three i mentioned are willing to go to scotland, check ppls responses in both UK meeting threads. All the talk of scotland is just sidetracking the main point of the thread because it's irrelavent to most of the ppl in it.

lembo
2002-10-29, 13:13
I believe the title of the thread was 'UK Mbn Meeting', perhaps it was wanted that they should talk about scotland elsewhere, the thread title should have been made more specific?

As far as i can see, they're helping people from the UK who can't get down to london, to try and arrange something else so that they CAN meet somewhere.

I don't see the problem...:rolleyes:

Lembo...

Darkflame
2002-10-29, 13:22
Its a "Uk Mbn Meeting" threed, not a "Londers Meeting Threed".
We have just as much right to it as you have.

Panda
2002-10-29, 18:02
Originally posted by Darkflame
Why do you think people want to go to London? Because they
live there! So its unfair to critsis Ramond_the_elf for that reason.
Im getting irratated by you telling me to shut up, simple because Im not agreeing.
Im well aware the majority want somewhere else, but thats no reason to think no-one wants scotland, and no one will say they will either if you surpress the very surgestion of it.
And if you bothered paying attention my surgestion was too have two meetings, one "londer's" meeting for people that can/will only travel to london, and another for people willing to travel to scotland.

hey DF thats not fair. It wasnt my idea to meet in london: everoyne suggested it. However, i am willing to travel anywhere (reasonable!!!) in england. and so is CS2x im sure.

However everyone, can i point out this rule?
- Please be polite; no cussing or swearing at people if they get something wrong. If we're gonna meet, we gotta organise it together
Please be polite to Darkflame>> if you have nothing nice to say, then dont say it!

Morden279
2002-10-29, 21:23
Phoenix, I don't see why DF should start his own thread. Without being pretentious, he's done more to organise a meeting within the UK than you have. Let the guy do his thing.

Regards,
Morden

Darkflame
2002-10-30, 01:37
Pandemona - Unfair :?
That comment was directed at pheonix, I didn't mean to critsis you at all.

Gustav Sweden
2002-10-30, 01:49
Derry, NI?
Jersey Islands?
Isle of Man?

Reek
2002-10-30, 05:22
I really don't see the problem. you'll have to agree on a location, and refrain for fighting amongt one another otherwise there's no point to meeting,right?

If most people wanna go to london, than go to london.
it's a cool place anyway..:)

kaderoboy
2002-10-30, 11:50
Hm, I don't think there's any point to a three member meeting in Scotland then if noone else wants to come :rolleyes: The people who live in London are just fortunate that the meeting is held there, forget about accusing them of being 'too lazy.'

Reek
2002-10-30, 13:25
Don't organize two different meetings, that would be anal of you.:D

Darkflame
2002-10-31, 00:33
Whats wrong with two meetings?
If people find it hard/impossible to go to london, then its only fair theres another one for them.
People are free too go to one,the other or both.
--
oh, and its probably 4 members in scotland (Atresica too).

lembo
2002-10-31, 01:04
hmmmm.....but there won't be many people at either meeting, to make it worthwhile, surely we need a decent percentage of the people coming to this?

i know this is going to sound really lazy of me (:rolleyes: ), but how about holding a meeting somewhere like birmingham, or leeds, or manchester, or liverpool, somewhere not really south, not really north.

i mean, if it does end up that meetings are held in london, or edinburgh, or both, then i may be able to get to both of them, being, as i am, nearly in the middle (closer to london tho). If i might be able to get to both of them from here, then presumably it would be easier for more people to get to a meeting here if there was only one meeting.

I very much doubt that theres as much stuff to do in any of those places as there are in london or edinburgh, but we're together for one day, we're not going to be able to do that much stuff anyway.

Basically, it has to be held somewhere that theres major rail links right? because presumably thats going to be the easiest way to get around. So we're talking:

London
Birmingham
Manchester
Liverpool
Leeds
Edinburgh
Glasgow

Have i missed any?

If this is going to happen, then we need to stop arguing, and get everyone talking about where they could actually pheasibly get to. That way we should get a decent idea of where this can actually take place right?

Personally, everywhere on that list seems ok to me, i could probably get to them all.

Lembo...

Reek
2002-10-31, 05:30
lembo's right.

Try to make it as groovy a meetin as possible.
The UK isn't THAT big, so get your behind's to the middle of it, and meet there!