the Magicball Network Forums

the Magicball Network Forums (https://forum.magicball.net/index.php)
-   General (https://forum.magicball.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Ohmigod - I feel emabarresed.... (https://forum.magicball.net/showthread.php?t=2363)

Silverfish 2002-02-13 06:44

Ohmigod - I feel emabarresed....

Ok, now, a number of you may remember me badmouthing Axx, and I regret it. He may be a bemusing, maddening, infuriating individual, but he's the best damn investigative reporter/stalker this baord has ever seen.
My recent change of heart stems from a revelation I had - basically, I searched a french email directory until I found an address corresponding to frederick raynal - there were a number of mails - but trial and error isn't that diffucult. Anyway, I recieved a number of bemused and unfreindly replies, and then one lucid, friendly message, from Fred himself...
It runs a bit like this

*I'm sorry Axx, this goes right over your head.*

-Edited for MB posting-

Hello Thomas,

This is almost all true. I had a few phone calls and emails with Axx, I did tell him that my future game (or second) will be "Trium Planeta". I come sometimes to MBN (it was more often at the end of No Cliché). It's also true that I red *read* a lot of comments from players and decided to make "Trium Planeta" a more mature LBA like game from that. But I didn't say I'll tell all about it. It's just a little bit early ! I didn't read his last posts, but usually his feedbacks were ok. May be some confusion came from the fact
that my news were different from one day to another. Last year was very weird for me and projects changed quite often. Be sure that MBN will be aware of my new company/projects as soon as I can release information about it. I really appreciate your support.

Best regards,
Frederick.

So you see, Chillun, Axx was right.... Insanely, stupidly right.. Sometimes the right answer stares you in the face, and you ignore it because it seems to... well, unbelievable...

So, this is a public apology to Axx - and an apology, by connection, to the rest of the LBA community for my rampant cynicism....

Cheers....

wacko 2002-02-13 09:08

I can understand your cynism :), but I believed Axx from the start. Glad to hear from you, Silverfish.

elmuerte 2002-02-13 09:47

I can understand it very well. I think most people who know the White LBA board of InsideTheWeb can.

Silverfish 2002-02-13 11:19

White Board? The one that was horribly trashed by spammers etc??? And how is this relavent (don't tell me, Fred was there..)

kaderoboy 2002-02-13 13:37

Heh from the man Fred himself :)...I think Fred might be keeping Trium Planeta as secret from the public as he can (he didn't mention anything about it in his recent interviews)

Kieron 2002-02-13 16:39

LOL @ Silverfish's sig

elmuerte 2002-02-13 18:10

Quote:

Originally posted by Silverfish
White Board? The one that was horribly trashed by spammers etc??? And how is this relavent (don't tell me, Fred was there..)
What I was trying to say, is that I understood your reaction on Axx's info about Fred and LBA3 and stuff. On the white board we also had a lot of imposters claiming stuff.

Atresica 2002-02-13 18:10

I can't say I did believe Axx totaly from the start, so I'm quite happy everything is sorted out now (though I did know it earlier than mr. Silverfish)

Alchemist 2002-02-13 21:02

I feel stupid. How did Silverfish manage to get this letter. Did he e-mail himself?

What's the difference from Axx e-mail? The A mature LBA-wannabe part?

Gosh, I feel stupid. Can anyone explain a little bit further?

wacko 2002-02-13 21:20

Quote:

Originally posted by Alchemist
I feel stupid. How did Silverfish manage to get this letter. Did he e-mail himself?

What's the difference from Axx e-mail? The A mature LBA-wannabe part?

Gosh, I feel stupid. Can anyone explain a little bit further?

Silverfish was able to get Fred's e-mail adres, and since he was a bit cynic about Axx' mails with Fred, he wanted to check if they were real.

Alchemist 2002-02-13 21:37

Thanks Wacko. I understand now. But this "mature LBA like game" part doesn't sound very good. He should be trying to do an unique gaming experience instead.

Atresica 2002-02-13 22:43

I don't know, I think the maturity of LBA 1 was very good. Though it were cute looking characters, it did feel quite mature

But LBA 2 was just over the hill, it was like someone thought "well, the characters look childish, why not making the whole game childish?"

Well, as long it isn't going to contain (useless) blood and gore, I'm fine with it... (I haven't met any games with much blood and gore that also has a nice atmospheer)

Darkflame 2002-02-13 23:29

hmm...
Jet Forc Gemini ~ Cute and Gore
Halo ~ Gore, and nice landscape, but I didn't think the game had much atmosphere.
--
hmm...
I don't like the word mature at all.
Its been used so much recently to mean violent.
As I have said before LBA2 is a very mature game compared to most these days, even if it is a little too easy. (likewise there are many immature hard games).

ChaosFish 2002-02-14 16:50

Trium Planeta doesn't need to be maturer than LBA1. LBA1 was just perfect. LBA2 was nice (to say the least), but quite unworthy (too childish). :grobo:

Axx 2002-02-15 00:09

Quote:

Originally posted by kaderoboy
Heh from the man Fred himself :)...I think Fred might be keeping Trium Planeta as secret from the public as he can (he didn't mention anything about it in his recent interviews)
When i first asked fred bout 'wuts the name of his new game' he wasnt so sure about tellin me... then he told me and i screamed for a pen in a internet cafe:D

Thnx silver ... i swear i wasnt offended frm the start... but this is real sweet.... so thnx again;)

Lightwing 2002-02-15 00:30

I only became suspecious in the end.

But I got mad not because the LBA stuff might have been false...I care little for that anymore...but because I didn't want my fellow members to get tricked like that...

I do not appreciate when people are munipilated like that.

Silverfish 2002-02-15 07:51

Ahh, sweet, vicious lightwing... Always trying to steal my emotional state... Give it back.... Please???? I want to be cynical too :P

Gustav Sweden 2002-02-15 22:34

This is f****** crazy!!

It's REALLY rude against Axx to mail Fred and ask him if the messages were true.. That is to unrespect him!!! It's useless to think that a respected MBN member should lie like that...

Isn't that to really waste time for Fred with mailing him useless shit???

Unneccesary, Silverfish!:mad:

Atresica 2002-02-15 23:55

Gustav, I disagree with you. Nothings wrong with some healthy sceptism, and Silverfish did tell axx all about it

He also could have kept it in front of him

Lightwing 2002-02-16 00:21

Silver f00....do you not know that I am the ultimate nemesis of this forum?

You may take your cynical feeling, but I still get to keep my hatred.

Gustav Sweden 2002-02-16 12:23

Yes, but I just do think that it was to disrespect Axx, maybe I sounded too mad at Silverfish, but I think that it still was unnecessary.. I mean we knew before that Fred use to go here, and if Axx had been lying I think he had in some way said anything since it is a big crime to say something about a person which is not true..

Atresica 2002-02-16 12:31

we were checking it out in precaution, it's not that we hate Axx (not at all), I would have done it at any major news.

Still, I wonder how you would have responded if it was a lie...

Gustav Sweden 2002-02-16 12:53

Quote:

Originally posted by Atresica
Still, I wonder how you would have responded if it was a lie...

There was for me never any doubt about...

Axx 2002-02-18 00:07

its ok gies... the first people to beon the board have right to disbelieve me cuz of the dreams i had at first which i publicly talked about :D (shutup about that bit oldies);)

nah i neva took it ofensivley... im very light tempered :)

Silverfish 2002-02-18 06:07

Well, I am sorry for doubting you, Axx. Still for all you cynics out there, at least this is a bit of corroborating evidence...
Essentially, Trium Planeta is the best news the MBN has ever had. End of discussion. And who do we have to thank for it???

Axx, and his evil stalking talents :p...

Now, axx... I want you to find me the email for nathalie portman.. :P....