the Magicball Network Forums

the Magicball Network Forums (https://forum.magicball.net/index.php)
-   Off topic (https://forum.magicball.net/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   How well do you COOK? (https://forum.magicball.net/showthread.php?t=18027)

SpaceGuitarist 2016-11-10 19:14

How well do you COOK?

Hello everyone, so the question is simple and you may as well complete your vote with a comment like: how/where did you learn to cook and what motivated you to do so (did you learn from living by yourself, having a chef in the family :rolleyes:, adopted kids to feed :lol: , etc.).

Polaris 2016-11-11 12:26

I don't how to cook, and it saddens me :( I have the time, really, I just need to find the motivation.

SpaceGuitarist 2016-11-12 17:11

That's ok, Polly! You got more important things to do like, playing the hurdy. ;)

By the way guys, you can also comment if you follow any special diets or culinary preferences etc. that'd be very interesting.

SpaceGuitarist 2016-11-13 20:50

1 Attachment(s)
Did anyone here know that firefly tarts are real? :rolleyes: I'd so want to try a real, zeelichian fire-fly tart made by the good hands of the wannies.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrQuetch (Post 454906)
What do you like to cook, Spaceguitarist? Would you call yourself a gourmet chef?

My favorite dish of all (which ended up being one of the first things I really wanted to learn) is a brazillian traditional food, which tastes mostly of corn and sardine, with other stuff that gives it it's particular flavour and texture. It's called Cuzcuz:

I can make other basic stuff (rice, beans, pasta, etc). But I'm far from being a chef (and don't really intend to be one). I suppose in a few months I might be confident enough to cook for a small family without being totally dissapointing or making mistakes in the proportions and quantities, HAHA. :proud2:

The thing with food is that for me, it is very much like music in a way, it does feel like composing or mixing when I'm experimenting with different peppers and condiments, relative quantities of oil vs water, etc. amount of fried vs cooked, etc. It feels like "dropping the bass or raising the treble", haha. Also, as happens with music, new flavours bring me to unknown places and connects me to subconscious memories I wansn't even aware of, and this is quite a pleasant feeling. I never quite follow any recipes, I really like to invent things, and to feel the balance of things on my own, I believe doing so will greatly speed up the process of acquiring culinary experience.

SpaceGuitarist 2016-11-18 17:35

Anyone noticed Twinsen's house doesn't have a kitchen in the second game, whereas he does have one in the first game?

Do people in Twinsun eat at all?

In Zeelich you have firefly tarts. Also drinks at Rick's bar.
In Twinsun you can have a drink at Chez Luc.

And we have several characters who mention being drunk or drinking (alcoholic beverages). Hmm. :?

ChaosFish 2016-11-18 22:20

Well we know they have pizza. (I suddenly have the urge to see Twinsen and FunFrock sitting at a Twinsunian pizza place laughing it all out... maybe after the ending credits of LBA3)

Darkflame 2016-11-20 00:55

I make excellent takeaway.

Polaris 2016-11-20 02:31

They have pizza only in their English universe :(