the Magicball Network Forums

the Magicball Network Forums (https://forum.magicball.net/index.php)
-   Off topic (https://forum.magicball.net/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   The Upcoming-&-Just-Released-Games Thread (https://forum.magicball.net/showthread.php?t=13609)

ChaosFish 2010-06-09 02:09

Slick! That looks like a decent sci-fi and a fun game. *fingers crossed*

Lightwing 2010-06-09 09:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaosFish (Post 396483)
Slick! That looks like a decent sci-fi and a fun game. *fingers crossed*

You can keep those fingers crossed all you want.

The trailer is full of cutscenes of the main character doing cool action scenes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yahtzee
Cutscenes should never contain action. Or at least, they should never contain action being performed by the playable character which we could have done ourselves within gameplay. Because we're not playing a game to watch a pre-rendered version of ourselves having all the fun. Like that cutscene in Alan Wake where Alan flees from the cops as bullets whistle by his head in slightly out-of-place slow motion - let ME do that. There is admittedly the chance I'll run the wrong way or start humping a lamp-post, but then you just shoot my dumb ass in the head. Seriously. I deserve it.

It's a nice trailer. Job well done to the people that made it. The game is most likely going to be crap. I've seen what Square Enix has done recently and I've played Deus Ex 2. Don't hold your breath on this one.

Jasiek 2010-06-09 10:21

Well I've played Deus Ex 2 and I really liked it... And I don't mind it with the cut-scenes, it wokred in both Mass Effect games, and a myriad of other games.

Lightwing 2010-06-09 19:50

A lot of people liked Deus Ex 2. What didn't sit well in my stomach was:

--Dumbed down dialogue
--No experience points system
--Level design reduced to clausterphobic corridors
--Removal of areal damage
--Removal of manual password entry
--And unless I'm mistaken, there was no hand shake effect while aiming

I hope they resolve at least half of those issues.

Rex_Hollywood 2010-06-09 20:23

The first game is so lovely, as far as I'm concerned they can make a game with identical gameplay (well, some better AI as well), fresh graphics and levels, and most importantly hire proper voice actors.

Kobold 2010-09-30 20:22

Beyond Good & Evil 2 gameplay

It's alive!

Darkflame 2010-09-30 20:57

I think thats just HD footage of the original :? Looks it.
(there doing a re-release on xbox live/psn)

Lightwing 2010-09-30 21:03

But that's great news! More chances for new people to get to play this fantastic game.

Kobold 2010-09-30 21:07

Well, I haven't played the original yet... I fail at that.

Darkflame 2010-09-30 21:18

Well, actually its got new stuff looking at it. I judged too soon...you never ran over a transparent roof in the original but at the same time it still looks 90% PS2/gamecube quality graphics...so its a bit puzzling.
Not that the graphics are important, but even the GUI looks the identical.

If this is BG&E2, and I hope it is, then theres no excuse not to have a Wii release based on this.

Jasiek 2010-09-30 21:23

It's totally the BG&E1 chase scene. They did something with the gfx, and the voices are different.

Darkflame 2010-09-30 21:28

Bloody IGN. They are becoming really amateur these days.

Kobold 2010-09-30 21:42

Yeah... I haven't been on IGN in ages, I just was looking around there to see their version of the 3DS news and ran across a "BG&E2" video, as they claimed...

Darkflame 2010-09-30 22:15

IGN has never been particularly good for reviews, and their sites always been stupidly heavy.
But these days its just embarrassing bad. Spam everywhere, news in the wrong place, badly labeled or sometimes not labeled at all. "TRAILER #3!" or something in a headline with nothing else.

I think they fired all their staff or something :P

Kobold 2010-09-30 22:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkflame (Post 400295)
IGN has never been particularly good for reviews, and their sites always been stupidly heavy.
But these days its just embarrassing bad. Spam everywhere, news in the wrong place, badly labeled or sometimes not labeled at all. "TRAILER #3!" or something in a headline with nothing else.

I think they fired all their staff or something :P

IGN now also has a German subdivision, which I get automatically redirected to when going to their site (thankfully the UK version is still available from here too) It has only a fraction of the daily content that the English version has ... I wonder what they're thinking.

I always liked the design of German Wii site Wiitower. They at least know how headlines should be arranged!

IGN videos ... hah. They'll never beat Gametrailers.

Darkflame 2010-10-01 03:17

Theres quite a few good Nintendo sites about, but general gaming sites seem all to be a bit blah for one reason or another.