the Magicball Network Forums

the Magicball Network Forums (https://forum.magicball.net/index.php)
-   Off topic (https://forum.magicball.net/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   The Upcoming-&-Just-Released-Games Thread (https://forum.magicball.net/showthread.php?t=13609)

ChaosFish 2008-08-09 14:54

Yay! Woo! wait.. why do I care? GTA sucks.

Darkflame 2008-08-09 15:43

Anything that lowers sony sales makes me happy :p ^_^

RGaspar 2008-08-09 21:14

You guys are evil :P

Zerath^ 2008-08-09 22:11

LBA3 - 23 January 2010

http://www.gamespot.com/ps/adventure/littlebigadventure3/index.html?tag=result;title;0

Can't belive it :O :D:D:D:D

RGaspar 2008-08-09 22:38

Blah, at least I expected a joke.

My internet speed is too slow these days for this.

Fireball 2008-08-10 20:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by RGaspar (Post 357775)
People...

PERSONA 4 is coming to North America on December!!!

Wow, that's awesome. I'm glad to hear that Atlus/Koei decided to bring the game over, especially this late in the PS2's lifespan. To be honest, though, although I greatly enjoyed the story, characters and non-combat gameplay of P3, I thought that the combat (which there is quite a bit of) was pretty mediocre. I mean, its mostly a rock-paper-scissors setup, and once you find the weaknesses of each enemy in an area (which doesn't take long as there are usually less than a dozen different enemies in every area) you're pretty much just swapping spells and killing them in one move.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zerath^ (Post 359161)

Wow... seems Fred's decided to make a dating sim...

ChaosFish 2008-08-13 21:51

1 Attachment(s)
Wow!!! I've just watched the Fallout 3 E3 trailer. This could very well be the coolest trailer of anything ever. It's been 11 years since Fallout 2... I want this game badly.

Edit: I haven't played Fallout 1. Anyone can tell me when did the nuclear holocaust began in the Fallout universe? According to this video it looks like it's been sometime in the 30's.

Edit2: Why, look at that.
Attachment 7709

Year 2066... So by 2066 they have flying robots, but no color TV. Hmm... I guess it can be possible in an alternate time line.

Jasiek 2008-08-13 22:13

Still doesn't excite me, all the shooting... wtf. Fallout was an rpg bent on story and quests and not a shooting galley. It still looks like "Oblivion with guns". The fact they're trying to fit into the original mood doesn't help them...

Not 30's... it's the cold war, 50's -60's. And the game itself should take place like half a century later.

Rage on the other hand imho is the more proper Fallout successor.

ChaosFish 2008-08-13 22:27

You are mistaken, this game looks awesome.

Just because that company also made Oblivion doesn't mean they don't deserve a second chance. Wtf is wrong with shooting? One of the things I liked about Fallout 2 is that you always have the freedom to just take your gun and kill anyone you like, and the game will always be able to endure it. I don't see any reason to be all pessimistic about that. Turn Based was not one of my favorite aspects of Fallout 2. Actually, it made things a bit too slow and laggy for me.

Weird Fallout 3 official site: http://www.prepareforthefuture.com/

RGaspar 2008-08-13 23:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaosFish (Post 359420)
. It's been 11 years since Fallout 2... I want this game badly.

I can tell you about a game that deserves a sequel and it has been...11 years so far. Lots of people want it. Lots of people still remember these old games. Lots of people dream about it.

But the sequel is not in the making.

Jasiek 2008-08-14 00:33

Fishos it's not about the company itself, I mean the level design I saw, the combat mechanics and stuff like that. I saw more then those two trailers, and yeah they do make you feel optimistic, but when you see stuff from the actual gameplay you really see what's it all about... I made a huge meh and proceeded to salivate on Rage's developer diaries.

ChaosFish 2008-08-14 00:47

* ChaosFish downloads Fallout 3 Gameplay Video

Jasiek 2008-08-14 00:50

You don't have to download it's on game trailers :P
As I see now there's more videos then when I last checked, the fighting though still looks meh(not the fact of fighting, just the fighting mechanics look meh)...

ChaosFish 2008-08-14 01:08

I always download videos from GameTrailers, I don't like watching videos built-in on the browser... nor do I like streaming videos. (...buffering...)

That gameplay presentation is lame, but I blame the dude who presented it. ...and maybe the radio station he chose in the PipBoy. He only showed the character walking in some godforsaken place in the wasteland (there are actually a lot of those places on Fallout 2), but he didn't show anything inside towns, conversation, and anything else besides fighting. He did talk about it a little ("you can be good or bad"). Basically he's bad at being on stage. That doesn't say much about how the game really is really like.

What's with that Rage thing? (just watched the E3 trailer) Is this an original game or a sequel to something? The trailer doesn't really tell too much... what do you know about it?

Bot13 2008-08-14 01:18

Just watched the Fallout 3 trailer. That's awesome. I like the 'alternate reality' timelines-gone-bad. Just like in Lost. Gives me a real spooky feeling and I love it. :lol:

Darkflame 2008-08-14 01:59

Quote:

Year 2066... So by 2066 they have flying robots, but no color TV. Hmm... I guess it can be possible in an alternate time line.

You never watched SKY CAPTAIN AND THE WORLD OF TOMMOROW ? :eek:

Jasiek 2008-08-14 02:00

ChaosFish, I'm really interested in Rage becouse of the possibilities the engine and the tools present. The game itself is some dystopian future, but it looks really sweet and it's made in OpenGL (screw microsoft!).

http://pc.ign.com/dor/objects/926419...en_073108.html

Pure awesome.

Rex_Hollywood 2008-08-17 19:29

Quote:

Edit: I haven't played Fallout 1. Anyone can tell me when did the nuclear holocaust began in the Fallout universe? According to this video it looks like it's been sometime in the 30's.

Edit2: Why, look at that.
Attachment 7709

If I recall correctly the war started at the end of the '90s or beginning of the 21st century.
The whole black&white commercials thing is just a homage to government broadcasts that used to air in the US, and now it's like the calling card of Fallout but doesn't represent the actual technological level of the universe within in, although some places went back a few centuries in those terms.

Jasiek I think we should wait to see the final product, like I said before it might end up to be a post apocalyptic Deus Ex, which it still nice.
As long as the freedom of choice and the Fallout theme remains I'm happy.

Jasiek 2008-08-17 20:41

The style of the commercials, the music and the derelict technology clearly indicate the nuclear holocaust thing happened in the 50's - 60's at the peak of a Cold War-like time(where'd you get the 30's? It doesn't look a thing like the 30's).

I don't really get where those robots came from... in F1 and 2 it was shown that the war happened in the 50's/60's and all the high tech was from newer times. Most of the world there (or the US) is on the brink of stoneage using derelict weapons and technology, there's only a few enclaves of technology left.

Darkflame 2008-08-17 21:13

Just a random idea; Maybe if precision inferstruction and cleanrooms needed for precise circuit making was lost, more focus went into mechcanical developements rather then electrical?

ChaosFish 2008-08-17 21:46

Btw I uploaded the teaser from prepareforthefuture.com to my tube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIbyISiuFSA

Rex_Hollywood 2008-08-28 06:28

http://kotaku.com/assets/images/kota...8/DSC02636.JPG

RGaspar 2008-08-28 08:53

Best game ever!

0_________0

Spoiler:
Quote:

Originally Posted by FireBall2K (Post 360411)

Stop wanting LBA3. Period.

ChaosFish 2008-08-28 13:01

"Bring on the מוחק"? :?

...oh, it's "bring on the pain".

ChaosFish 2008-08-28 20:00

New Fallout 3 trailer