the Magicball Network Forums

the Magicball Network Forums (https://forum.magicball.net/index.php)
-   Off topic (https://forum.magicball.net/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   The Upcoming-&-Just-Released-Games Thread (https://forum.magicball.net/showthread.php?t=13609)

Darkflame 2008-09-15 19:31

I quite liked the old Gameboy bomberman, that was traditional bomberman mechcanics, but with a zelda-like dungoen map system.
That could work nicely for a big one-player game, as long as the diversity was high enough. (lots of upgrades/enviromental gizmos as you progress).

Would also be nice to have it multiplayer co-op as well.

Kobold 2008-09-15 20:01

Bomberman Blast allows offline multiplayer team play.

RGaspar 2008-09-15 20:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kobold (Post 362098)
Bomberman Blast allows offline multiplayer team play.

Yays for offline multiplayer!

Kobold 2008-09-15 20:41

Overall this game is very fair for its 10€. There's a lot of modes, different fields, and you can customize all rules, including what items appear. Online offers a couple of options, though there could be more. Still fine, all modes playable against anybody online and a ranking system. Graphics are on a high standard compared to, let's say, Wii Play. Unless you're not going to get the full story version which is scheduled for release, I'd really recommend this game.

Streg 2008-09-18 15:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lightwing (Post 362077)
Maybe it's the pessimist in me but I looked at the first level walkthrough video and I'm not impressed.

This is a contrast to Jedi Outcast and Jedi Knight, which blew my socks off the first time I saw them.

I think your first impressions were right... it's not a bad game but I expected something at the same level of Jedi Knight hearing the interviews of the developers. Doesn't add much to the Story of Star Wars in general, except you know how the rebellion has formed, and how did Shaak-Ti end.
Short game (7 hours of game), AI not more intelligent than Episode 3's game, and the force powers are basically the same of Jedi Knight, except you can use the force on most of the objects.

Streg 2008-10-05 02:39

Pes 2009
Played the Demo.. not much different from Pes 2008 actually. I can't find real differences, except a bounch of new animations (like C.Ronaldo's free kick).
Oh and there's this new Become a legend mode, in which you create a young player and you control only that player in the field, and you gain experience game by game, other teams will sign you then you can play online with your character! Looks fun
In the Become a legend trailer the created character starts in Napoli and substitutes Zalayeta during the match, then he scores a goal, still with Napoli's shirt... first time Napoli gets in a trailer! Woohoo!

RGaspar 2008-10-05 21:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by StreGGy (Post 363593)
Pes 2009
Played the Demo.. not much different from Pes 2008 actually. I can't find real differences, except a bounch of new animations (like C.Ronaldo's free kick).
Oh and there's this new Become a legend mode, in which you create a young player and you control only that player in the field, and you gain experience game by game, other teams will sign you then you can play online with your character! Looks fun
In the Become a legend trailer the created character starts in Napoli and substitutes Zalayeta during the match, then he scores a goal, still with Napoli's shirt... first time Napoli gets in a trailer! Woohoo!

So bad the "Become a Legend" mode is only for one character. I love custom teams on PES!

bunnyrabbot02 2008-10-05 22:15

Bolt the upcoming video game!

http://www.videogamesblogger.com/200...vies-story.htm

Zerath^ 2008-10-06 21:16

FIFA 09

Great game to play with friends in a sofa or through live! :)
The gameplay have really improved since FIFA08 that I personally that was a bit.. slow and rigid.

Kobold 2008-10-11 12:54

StarCraft II news: Because the single-player campaign got so huge, Blizzard will release it in three games:

Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty (Terran)
Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm (Zerg)
Starcraft II: Legacy of the Void (Protoss)

You read right, stand-alone games and not expansion packs. The Terrain campaign will be released first. But they're going further:

Quote:

Pardo explained that the multiplayer remains relatively unchanged; each StarCraft II game will have a fully functioning multiplayer suite with all three races playable. "[In] the shipping product, all three races will be fully featured and balanced in gameplay and also in content," he said. We asked whether that meant the multiplayer suite in each game would be exactly the same, and he said, "More than likely, the successive products will add multiplayer content; we haven't decided right now what that is." That brought up the question as to how multiplayer would work if some players only buy the first game while others only buy the second or third games. He said that they haven't made any determinations yet as to how that would work.
So in the end there's the possibility that the three games might not even be compatible with each other online. Looks like they're trying hard to screw up the experience. And let us pay much more money. After all, an expansion pack was also rumoured.

See interview at IGN.

Rex_Hollywood 2008-10-11 13:50

Yay, 3 times the money!

Streg 2008-10-11 14:35

that looks like a big cheat :P

Kobold 2008-10-11 22:56

I'm not amused. When I want to play all three campaigns, do I really have to pay three times the money? Why a changed multiplayer? They will even release at different dates. :-/

Echomote 2008-10-11 23:42

I was going to buy Starcraft II, but I'm not buying if I have to buy 2 other copies just to play online with everyone.

Lightwing 2008-10-12 00:23

If each campaign is truelly so huge that each spans the equivalent of 3 campaigns from SC1, then it's not robbery. Games today cost a lot more money to make and amount of content that could be produced 10 years ago is a lot more expensive, while the price of games has not changed.

Also, they have mentioned that the multiplayer will be fully included in the first game. Seeing as how most people spend money on RTS to play multiplayer anyway, I'm sure the sales for the last two campaigns will plummet.

Darkflame 2008-10-12 01:57

Not if the latter two games have incompatible multiplayer due to additional content.

Quote:

Games today cost a lot more money to make and amount of content that could be produced 10 years ago is a lot more expensive, while the price of games has not changed.
And thus the length has got shouter.
The price the public pays for its obbession with graphics.

ChaosFish 2008-10-12 03:52

Regardless them being idiots or not, you're all forgetting that nowadays everybody knows how to get software without paying for it. So in the end it's still your decision.

Just pointing out the obvious...

Kobold 2008-10-12 13:03

Dude, getting it illegally is definitely not an option. Why would you want to do that? So far they're doing great work you'd like to pay for. Just not that much.

Echomote 2008-10-12 15:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaosFish (Post 363968)
Regardless them being idiots or not, you're all forgetting that nowadays everybody knows how to get software without paying for it. So in the end it's still your decision.

Multiplayer online is the one reason why you can't pirate some games.

ChaosFish 2008-10-12 15:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kobold (Post 363989)
Dude, getting it illegally is definitely not an option. Why would you want to do that? So far they're doing great work you'd like to pay for. Just not that much.

I was talking about Starcraft 2. Just pointing out you don't have to pay 3 times if you don't feel that's fair.

Echomote - Not really, there's always non official servers.

Echomote 2008-10-12 16:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaosFish (Post 363998)
Echomote - Not really, there's always non official servers.

You miss out on the ranking systems and stuff.

Battlefield 2142, for example, would be damn boring on non official servers because you wouldn't be able to earn the stats, weapon unlocks and ranks.

LBAWinOwns 2008-10-12 16:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaosFish (Post 363968)

Since that post all posts has been stupid (imo).

You buy 1 version so you can play online and download the other 2, campaign play ain't online so you don't need a real CD-key for the downloaded versions.

Kobold only pays what he thinks is the fair amount. Dan gets his extra features and Chaosfish can download illegally :). Everyone happy!

Echomote 2008-10-12 16:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by LBAWinOwns (Post 364004)
Since that post all posts has been stupid (imo).

You buy 1 version so you can play online and download the other 2, campaign play ain't online so you don't need a real CD-key for the downloaded versions.

Kobold only pays what he thinks is the fair amount. Dan gets his extra features and Chaosfish can download illegally :). Everyone happy!

What if the online servers check EACH cdkey?

LBAWinOwns 2008-10-12 17:00

You just need one original game to play the game on the net. No?

Echomote 2008-10-12 17:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by LBAWinOwns (Post 364006)
You just need one original game to play the game on the net. No?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkflame (Post 363960)
Not if the latter two games have incompatible multiplayer due to additional content.

And even if it only uses the original game, it could still check the other cdkeys.