the Magicball Network Forums

the Magicball Network Forums (https://forum.magicball.net/index.php)
-   Off topic (https://forum.magicball.net/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   The Upcoming-&-Just-Released-Games Thread (https://forum.magicball.net/showthread.php?t=13609)

Darkflame 2008-10-12 17:05

I think the point is the online versions between discs wont nesscerly be the same.
So if you had a legal first disc, but illegal second and third, then you'd only be able to play online with other people with the first disc, but not those with the second and third.

Fireball 2008-10-12 19:34

Does that mean that each disk will only have one playable race? That seems pretty unacceptable for a modern RTS, IMO.

LBAWinOwns 2008-10-12 19:53

No. Read again.

Fireball 2008-10-12 20:24

Ah, all right. Well, in that case, I imagine most people will only buy one of the three games (presuming they're cross-compatible on the multiplayer side), since SC is mostly MP-focused, anyhow.

Echomote 2008-10-12 21:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fireball (Post 364012)
Does that mean that each disk will only have one playable race? That seems pretty unacceptable for a modern RTS, IMO.

Each disk will have only one playable race in the campaign.

Kobold 2008-10-12 21:42

Why would online require all 3 CD-keys? You don't need all three versions to go online with one of them.

I just said there's a possibility that it's going to cost too much. So far I have no idea about the amount of content of each version and what the price is anyway.

Echomote 2008-10-12 22:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kobold (Post 364026)
Why would online require all 3 CD-keys? You don't need all three versions to go online with one of them.

I just said there's a possibility that it's going to cost too much. So far I have no idea about the amount of content of each version and what the price is anyway.

I didn't say it'd require them. I'm saying it could still check them to see if you've pirated the others when you go online.

Darkflame 2008-10-13 01:35

Quote:

Because the later games will likely add more content to use when online. To play with that content (and, specificaly, with other players using that content), you are likely to need the key to the game it comes with. You wouldnt need all 3 keys, merely the last game released's key. (which from some talk could be a year later)

ChaosFish 2008-10-13 01:45

All this reminds me of the Uncyclopedia page summing the huge variety of Pokemon games.

Echomote 2008-10-13 01:54

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/un...e/Pokemans.jpg
:lol:

Darkflame 2008-10-13 14:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaosFish (Post 364043)
All this reminds me of the Uncyclopedia page summing the huge variety of Pokemon games.

:D good artical.

Pokemon gets away with it because, unless your insane, you at most buy one version each generation*, and its compatible within generations. (and sometimes you can trade to the next as well, if the hardware allows it).

*that is probably insanity too, given how small the changes normaly are between gens. But still.

Lightwing 2008-10-13 20:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkflame (Post 364041)
Because the later games will likely add more content to use when online. To play with that content (and, specificaly, with other players using that content), you are likely to need the key to the game it comes with. You wouldnt need all 3 keys, merely the last game released's key. (which from some talk could be a year later)

It's possible that what the dev meant to say is that they'll balance gameplay issues with new releases. They will probably make those upgrades downloadable for other games.

I'm really not too sure how they will execute the whole deal accordingly. They're saying each release will be its own game and yet, I imagine there will be one program that connects all three if you want to play various campaigns.

Imagine you're playing SC1 or Warcraft and when you're done with one campaign you need to switch CDs or exit and open up a new *.exe file. It could be done, but it'd be weird.

Kobold 2008-10-13 21:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lightwing (Post 364077)
It's possible that what the dev meant to say is that they'll balance gameplay issues with new releases. They will probably make those upgrades downloadable for other games.

Many balancing issues in the original SC (ressources needed for missile turrets, life points of Space-Marines etc.) were fixed with patches. They'd do it with patches to the earlier SC 2 games as well, they wouldn't need to mention that here. I understood they are talking about additional content. A new unit perhaps? I could imagine that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lightwing (Post 364077)
Imagine you're playing SC1 or Warcraft and when you're done with one campaign you need to switch CDs or exit and open up a new *.exe file. It could be done, but it'd be weird.

When you've got the SC: Brood War expansion, there is one .exe file. But when you want to play the original SC campaign you need the original CD and if you want to play the Brood War campaign you need the Brood War CD. When you select single- oder multiplayer, you have to select which version you want to play. Of course, the recent official no-CD patch finally got rid of the annoying CD-switching. But it shows that it could be possible for SC II as well.

Darkflame 2008-10-13 22:41

Its simply likely that when developing the other solo campagns for each race, the content they make for them will also be added into the multiplayer for that race.

I'm positive all normal patchs and gameplay tweaks will be free, but not so much with content.
I think it will be more like NeverWinter Nights, where its splittered online system depending what versions/addons you got.
(while they too, still gave away a lot of free content for everyone).

Kobold 2008-10-13 22:46

Considering there's an expansion pack rumored this will mess up online even more.

Mouserz 2008-10-19 03:43

sweet, mother 3 in English.

Rex_Hollywood 2008-10-19 03:53

Mother 3 is really annoying in the beginning for asking you those endless questions. At some point I was too lazy to make up funny answers. :(

LBAWinOwns 2008-10-19 11:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mouserz (Post 364465)
sweet, mother 3 in English.

OMG DOWNLOAD LINK!!!!!!!!!

smallchar :p

Mouserz 2008-10-19 12:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by LBAWinOwns (Post 364483)
OMG DOWNLOAD LINK!!!!!!!!!

smallchar :p

Spoiler:
http://mother3.fobby.net/
its fun because your mother and brother die in the beginning.

LBAWinOwns 2008-10-19 13:31

Quote:

Spoiler:
http://mother3.fobby.net/
its fun because your mother and brother die in the beginning.

Please don't spoil. It's very disrespectful.

Kobold 2008-10-19 13:49

Well, it's hard to spoil the beginning, but you should indeed add spoiler tags.

Rex_Hollywood 2008-10-19 15:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by LBAWinOwns (Post 364486)
Please don't spoil. It's very disrespectful.

It's not really helping when you quote that spoiler yourself.

Mouserz 2008-10-19 20:38

fixd, you whiny C to the Ss.
Quote:

Originally Posted by FireBall2K (Post 364495)
It's not really helping when you quote that spoiler yourself.

hahaha

LBAWinOwns 2008-10-19 20:55

Lol. I knew someone would comment on that.

But it would be funnier to hear someone actually comment it rather than me being precautious ^^

RGaspar 2008-10-20 14:52

Little Big Planet! Who played it already?