the Magicball Network Forums

the Magicball Network Forums (https://forum.magicball.net/index.php)
-   First aid (https://forum.magicball.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Need Cd Key For Lba2 (https://forum.magicball.net/showthread.php?t=10222)

oscardoy 2005-12-10 20:22

Need Cd Key For Lba2

I Need If Someone Can Help Me Find The Cd Key For Lba2 That Ive Been Looking For A Long Time. Thanks For Ur Help.

oscardoy 2005-12-10 20:24

Lba2

Echomote 2005-12-10 20:32

It has no cd key O_o

Assassin 2005-12-10 20:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan2552
It has no cd key O_o

Indeed.

ChaosFish 2005-12-10 21:12

Are we talking about the same LBA2? As in "Little Big Adventure 2: Twinsen's Odyssey"?

Panda 2005-12-11 17:38

"Oops".

morshem 2005-12-11 17:41

Wasn't this thread closed earlier today?

ChaosFish 2005-12-11 18:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by morshem
Wasn't this thread closed earlier today?

Yes, by mistake.

takashi_maze 2005-12-11 20:04

No-CD cracks technically aren't illegal are they? It's what you use them for that determines that. You may have bought the game, but broken the disc... Hmmm.... Anyone know about these? I usually just mount the disc image in a virtual drive.

Panda 2005-12-11 21:29

I don't think they're illegal. Only illegal if you don't own the game.

SebZ 2005-12-12 13:01

I read somewhere that they were illegal even if they were for private use!

takashi_maze 2005-12-12 14:01

Doesn't that also mean things like unofficial patches and trainers are illegal? They all do the same really. Modify how the game runs.

ChaosFish 2005-12-12 14:17

Trainers don't help you steal a game.

takashi_maze 2005-12-12 15:48

Well Emulators help you steal games on a HUGE scale! Yet they're legal to use. Even legal to create commercial ones.

Echomote 2005-12-12 18:55

you cant legally emulate a program without owning a licence for that program

takashi_maze 2005-12-12 19:26

I'm not sure that's all right. I believe it's not illegal to emulate hardware. Rather, it is the software which is illegal. Like the BIOS dumps are illegal to own, apparantly even more-so than ROMs. If you use a public domain game on an emulator, you aren't breaking the law. I'm fairly certain that they're 100% legal as I have seen them in stores being sold commercially.

Echomote 2005-12-13 01:12

roms can only legally be owned if you bought the game. roms are like a backup cd of a pc game. people can share them easilly.

takashi_maze 2005-12-13 01:51

Actually if I remember right, you're not allowed to even download ROMs you own the original of because they will most likely differ from the version you purchased. The only legal ROMs are PD ROMs and legal MAME ROMs. I forget where but you can buy them online.
But Emulators are 100% legal. Of that I'm certain. So in theory, a No-CD crack would be legal too, providing it was for personal use on your own purchased copy on your own system.

Fireball 2005-12-13 19:18

Afaik, you are legally allowed to use a No-CD patch if you own (a licence for) the game.

However, (also afaik) the MBN does not allow for the distributing of No-CD patches or links to them in order to prevent illegal versions of the game from being utilised and/or distributed.

roushimsx 2006-01-01 21:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by takashi_maze
I usually just mount the disc image in a virtual drive.

This is the solution I typically use for most games to reduce level loading times and such. For LBA1 and 2, the time to transfer the voices gets reduced to about one second :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by takashi_maze
Actually if I remember right, you're not allowed to even download ROMs you own the original of because they will most likely differ from the version you purchased. The only legal ROMs are PD ROMs and legal MAME ROMs. I forget where but you can buy them online.
But Emulators are 100% legal. Of that I'm certain. So in theory, a No-CD crack would be legal too, providing it was for personal use on your own purchased copy on your own system.

That's partially right. If you want to stay legal, you're going to need to dump your own roms (such as with a Super Wildcard DX2 on a SNES or with an actual EEPROM reader).

No-CD cracks aren't illegal just for being No-CD cracks, they typically include copyrighted code (especially if the crack is being distributed as a patched executable instead of just a DIFF file). I can't remember offhand how the recent US laws affected circumvention of copy protection, though.

Edit - I really, really, REALLY want to see this copy of LBA2 that requires a CD key. Is it a beta/proto, an obscure warez release, or just a misunderstanding between No-CD and CD-Key? Screencap for the win.

elmuerte 2006-01-02 11:44

It depends on the country you are in.
However, in most countries (US, most EU countries, ...) it's illegal to circumvent electronic protections, like copy protections.