the Magicball Network Forums

the Magicball Network Forums (https://forum.magicball.net/index.php)
-   News (https://forum.magicball.net/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   2 days left to get 2Dark!! (https://forum.magicball.net/showthread.php?t=17678)

Darkflame 2014-11-12 12:43

2 days left to get 2Dark!!

2 Attachment(s)
Theres just 10 days left to get the new game by the original LBA and AitD team;
http://www.ulule.com/2dark/
https://forum.magicball.net/attachme...1&d=1415633507

A unique stealth action horror game using high tech, yet old school looking graphics, 2Dark.
Guide children to safety over a variety of repayable levels avoiding a disturbing array of serial killers.

https://forum.magicball.net/attachme...1&d=1415633472

Help support the teams new indie company, Gloomywoods, by buying it,

Or if you cant affort it, you can help us promote it;
http://forum.magicball.net/showthread.php?t=17657

ras maxim 2014-11-13 17:09

They need 1000 euros a day (funny, this happens to be my daily income)

Darkflame 2014-11-13 17:22

I think thats close to the current rate, seems somewhat on a knifeedge.
I'm certainly going to up my own bid, but I am really hoping some big site just picks up the story :-/10,000 euros is nothing if you can connect with the right audience.

MrQuetch 2014-11-13 17:32

Good News: I bought the package for 30 euros or 40 dollars on Ulule for 2Dark.

Better News: I did not know 2Dark was coming so soon. I thought it was being released next year around this same time. Correct me if I am wrong. I am sure that it was next year, but I guess it could be in the next week. Perhaps the game is in a beta stage.

Bad News: I would have liked to pay for more packages, and I do have enough money to buy the middle package, but I just can't afford it with the money that I am saving up right now. I have more important things.

Questionable News: I wonder who is going to be buying the last package for 2Dark, to be able to meet Fred. I would really like to do this, but I am too unfortunate to be able to. I hope I can meet him, and it seems like a small world, so I should be able to sometime. Though, I honestly think my chances of seeing him are very low. How low, I am not sure. But, I think that it is pretty low.

Anyways, can't wait to hear more about 2Dark. ;)

Kasia 2014-11-13 17:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrQuetch (Post 450175)
I did not know 2Dark was coming so soon. I thought it was being released next year around this same time. Correct me if I am wrong. I am sure that it was next year, but I guess it could be in the next week. Perhaps the game is in a beta stage.

It's going to be released in October/November 2015.
What happens next week is the end of the crowdfunding campain.
Alpha (and later Beta) versions of the game will be available for the backers at the beginning of 2015, as far as I remember.

Darkflame 2014-11-14 02:07

If it comes at all. 8 days left...72% funded. Exciting :P

MrQuetch 2014-11-14 02:46

Thanks for the information guys. I really appreciated it. I was sure that it was going to be released next year, but became confused someway or another. Anyways, thank you very much. 72%? Wow, I cannot wait! ;)

Nieniepaninii 2014-11-14 23:18

Just a question because i am curious what happens with the donated money if they don't get the amount in time?

Kasia 2014-11-14 23:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nieniepaninii (Post 450181)
Just a question because i am curious what happens with the donated money if they don't get the amount in time?

Everything is returned to the backers.

Nieniepaninii 2014-11-14 23:28

I still need to donate.. just came across this page. I am still thinking which amount. Well i cannot NOT support the guy who gave us LBA.

Nieniepaninii 2014-11-14 23:33

Pff i hope they will make it. The last bit is the hardest i guess..

Darkflame 2014-11-15 00:43

Everything helps at this stage, fortunately there isnt a risk due to the returns system.

Anyone know whats going on here;
http://www.gamingroom.tv/JeuxVideo

Theres a minecraft stream going with their url at the top :?

Nieniepaninii 2014-11-15 15:35

I have no idea... the stream isn't working here...

Darkflame 2014-11-15 15:44

Well, its stopped now.
Was curious.

urahara 2014-11-15 15:49

Excellent project !

Jesse 2014-11-15 19:28

I am only supporting lba related games. This isn't really for me :-/

If this keeps up lba3 will never live up to the wait

Darkflame 2014-11-15 21:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jesse (Post 450192)
I am only supporting lba related games. This isn't really for me :-/

And you don't see how one leads to another?
How having a successful funded game with their new independent company helps them make more expensive games in future?

Quote:

If this keeps up lba3 will never live up to the wait
It will never remotely live up to over inflated expectations even if they had $20million to make it and 3 years.
But that doesn't mean they still cant make some good and fun.

xesf 2014-11-15 22:14

I finally gave my contribution today and I hope I could get a signed collector edition next year ;)

ChaosFish 2014-11-15 23:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkflame (Post 450193)
It will never remotely live up to over inflated expectations even if they had $20million to make it and 3 years.

You got a point there... I'm starting to hope LBA3 will never be made...

Darkflame 2014-11-16 02:11

ah, but why does something have to "meet expectations" in order to be worth having at all?
Seems a rather boolean state.
Theres bugger all adventure games like LBA out there, so theres sort of a hole in the market. Even if it isnt the greatest-god-sent-war-ending-cancer-curing-holy-grail-finding ambrosia/spice/unobtaineon filled game of the year.....it will still be somewhat of a breath of relief in the typical release schedules.
Plus, after LBA3 doesn't meet expectations we can look forward to LBA4 with goals lowered to sensible levels :P

Kasia 2014-11-16 10:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkflame (Post 450196)
ah, but why does something have to "meet expectations" in order to be worth having at all?

Exactly...
And actually, the game would meet my expectations simply by revealing the further story of Twinsen / Arthur to me...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkflame (Post 450196)
Plus, after LBA3 doesn't meet expectations we can look forward to LBA4 with goals lowered to sensible levels :P

:lol:

Jesse 2014-11-16 13:08

Sure I see that. But it is like investing into something you don't want to maybe get a chance to invest in something you actually want.

I probably need to buy a new pc just for lba3 ^^'

Darkflame 2014-11-16 21:04

well, its exactly that :P
But still, you could view it as investing in the people/company.

80%....6 Days to go!

MrQuetch 2014-11-17 06:34

I hope that they are able to achieve their goal in the next six days. Otherwise, I do not get to try out the rewards that they are giving away. I will be so upset if that happens to be so. I sure hope not, but I have a feeling that it just might happen. Maybe they can reproduce the kick - starter if this one fails, and maybe lower the euro limit down to 25,000 instead of 30,000. That way, people could still receive what they wanted, and have the limit be reached. If it just so happens that this kick - starter actually reaches the limit that we are currently waiting for, I will be very glad. Cross your fingers, everyone. ;)

NickZah 2014-11-17 09:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrQuetch (Post 450208)
I hope that they are able to achieve their goal in the next six days. Otherwise, I do not get to try out the rewards that they are giving away. I will be so upset if that happens to be so. I sure hope not, but I have a feeling that it just might happen. Maybe they can reproduce the kick - starter if this one fails, and maybe lower the euro limit down to 25,000 instead of 30,000. That way, people could still receive what they wanted, and have the limit be reached. If it just so happens that this kick - starter actually reaches the limit that we are currently waiting for, I will be very glad. Cross your fingers, everyone. ;)

GloomyWood can create a fake account and pay to yourself 5000 euro (if they have money).