the Magicball Network Forums

the Magicball Network Forums (https://forum.magicball.net/index.php)
-   LBA Modifications - General (https://forum.magicball.net/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   LBA 2 island models export (https://forum.magicball.net/showthread.php?t=18673)

magicse 2022-06-16 13:14

LBA 2 island models export
 
Hi, I saw LBA 2 island viewer. But it has no export. How can I export the island as a 3d model? Or tell me where I can find a description of the island format and objects on it.
:hmpf:

bloodhound 2022-06-16 15:17

Hey, given that Mills hasn't updated us with his progress in the old thread you also replied to, it looks like he didn't get around to writing an exporter, and I guess neither did anyone else.

Quote:

Originally Posted by magicse (Post 461380)
Hi, I saw LBA 2 island viewer. But it has no export. How can I export the island as a 3d model? Or tell me where I can find a description of the island format and objects on it.
:hmpf:

The updated link that Lupin mentioned in that thread would be http://lbafileinfo.kaziq.net/index.p...A2:Citabau.ile
And the source code that xesf mentioned seems to now be at https://github.com/LBALab/lba2remake...scenery/island

Well then, good luck, and keep us up to date with your progress ;)

magicse 2022-06-17 00:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by bloodhound (Post 461381)
The updated link that Lupin mentioned in that thread would be http://lbafileinfo.kaziq.net/index.p...A2:Citabau.ile
And the source code that xesf mentioned seems to now be at https://github.com/LBALab/lba2remake...scenery/island

Well then, good luck, and keep us up to date with your progress ;)

Thank you for helping and answer !
:D

magicse 2022-06-17 11:24

1 Attachment(s)
some test

Polaris 2022-06-17 18:06

Lookin' cool !

bloodhound 2022-06-17 19:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by magicse (Post 461384)
some test

Yeah would be cool to remake the islands in that style! (Though it's still a bit too regular in some places in terms of color and shape). What did you use to create this?

It's a pity creating an island exporter is so hard. I think for a programmer not familiar with this it would take at least a month, to learn about the export format, how to stitch the individual parts together into an island model, how to add textures and colors, etc.

magicse 2022-06-19 23:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by bloodhound (Post 461387)
What did you use to create this?

3d Max :)

magicse 2022-06-21 14:00

island extractor
 
Island extractor https://fex.net/s/e6kv2dn

exampe of use

LBA2IslandExtractor.exe d:\twinsen\

Extrated files willl be in folder "Out"

[d:\twinsen\] - path to *.ILE, *.OBL and RESS.HQR files from origina disk

bloodhound 2022-06-21 21:04

Wow, how did you manage to come up with something in only a week? Really cool! I don't have a Windows/Intel PC available today, but in a few days I'll definitely check it out! What's your next goal with this?

magicse 2022-06-21 23:04

Yes sure please check it.
There, the height of the island is not exported correctly now ... it turns out to be twice as high as necessary

bloodhound 2022-06-22 20:27

I just checked it out, awesome how this is getting along! I always thought the houses were part of the island files. Without the houses I didn't even recognize your screenshot as Citadel Island :D'

For exposure I think if your tool is open source you can add it to https://github.com/LBALab/, or if it's not, then you could ask elmuerte to add it to the MBN's download section. Of course it would be great if it converted all the island models, not just Citadel Island.

magicse 2022-06-23 10:25

Quote:

Without the houses I didn't even recognize your screenshot as Citadel Island :D'
:p

Quote:

For exposure I think if your tool is open source you can add it to https://github.com/LBALab/, or if it's not, then you could ask elmuerte to add it to the MBN's download section.
Still in the coding process. There are bugs and some fixes.

Quote:

Of course it would be great if it converted all the island models, not just Citadel Island.
Yes, of course, I will complete the possibility of exporting any islands.

Now I'm posting the export of the citadel island with the correct heights.

https://fex.net/ru/s/l5epydc

magicse 2022-06-30 16:58

Island format here
http://lbafileinfo.kaziq.net/index.php/LBA2:Citadel.ile

bloodhound 2022-07-01 11:49

So as of now you've used the layout info for the edges and vertices and then the textures and texture UVs to map the textures onto the faces?

magicse 2022-07-15 17:45

Island
 
1 Attachment(s)
Something like that

bloodhound 2022-07-22 14:38

Interesting, thanks for the explanation!


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 14:04.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, the Magicball Network