the Magicball Network Forums

the Magicball Network Forums (https://forum.magicball.net/index.php)
-   Fan Games (https://forum.magicball.net/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Renaming my project... (https://forum.magicball.net/showthread.php?t=8272)

Battler 2004-08-15 23:56

Renaming my project...

Dear folks,

remember my project, LBA 2 1/2 2-D? I think, yes. I'm now officially renaming it to Twinsen's Odyssey 2: Legend Of The Four Planets. What do you think of the new name? And yes, moderatores, please change the title of this project's official thread into the new title:

Twinsen's Odyssey 2: Legend Of The Four Planets
. ;)

Golemboy 2004-08-16 00:32

so whats the fourth planet going to be?

Battler 2004-08-16 01:59

- Golemboy: the fourth planet is Zirla, in addition to Twinsun, Emerald Moon, and Zeelich. ;)

SpaceGuitarist 2004-08-16 04:05

I thought emerald moon was a moon:p

Battler 2004-08-16 05:11

- SGK: In LBA 2 terminology, it's a planet: see the LBA 2 European Version CD box or the LBA 2 demo end-texts: it says more than 300 locations on 3 different planets. Man, I was also wondering the same thing about the moon... ;)

SpaceGuitarist 2004-08-16 05:49

Yeah, maybe all places are so small like a moon that for Twinsunians they can be considered planets:p

remember in that Rebels meeting place, under the twinsunian souvenir store, there is a large cotton swab? that they say:
Quote:

Nobody knows for sure. Some guy found that drifting in space. Supposed to come from a very distant garbage can planet...
so, for us its moons, but for them its planet.... and their smaller planets that for us are meteorits are for them moons... complicated lba astrology isnt it?

Battler 2004-08-16 21:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpaceGuitarKid
Yeah, maybe all places are so small like a moon that for Twinsunians they can be considered planets:p

remember in that Rebels meeting place, under the twinsunian souvenir store, there is a large cotton swab? that they say:

Quote:
Nobody knows for sure. Some guy found that drifting in space. Supposed to come from a very distant garbage can planet...

so, for us its moons, but for them its planet.... and their smaller planets that for us are meteorits are for them moons... complicated lba astrology isnt it?

I agree with you, SGK. The LBA astronomy, and not astrology, is very, very complicated. ;)

T@!!&$ 2004-08-16 21:55

Cool name.
Zirla is the name of the planet who that giraffe lives, isn't it?

Battler 2004-08-16 23:11

- T@!!&$: yes, and there will be many giraffes in my game (they will also have a whole island). ;)

SpaceGuitarist 2004-08-17 01:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by O_Brasileiro
- T@!!&$: yes, and there will be many giraffes in my game (they will also have a whole island). ;)

Only an island? werent talles saying about a planet and you agreed with him, and then you say a mere island??:?:stupid: ?!

edit: you mean a island outside Zirla then?

Battler 2004-08-18 01:42

- SGK: An island on Zirla. There are 4 main species of Zirla, plus 2 species, that are considered Zirlan (as they have lived there for thousands of years), but they came from another planet (both from the same planet). Each of 4 main species will have its own island (as it's in LBA 2: Otringal = Island of the Sups, then there is the Island of the Francos, Island of the Wannies, and Island of the Mosquibees). ;)

SpaceGuitarist 2004-08-18 04:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by O_Brasileiro
- SGK: An island on Zirla. There are 4 main species of Zirla, plus 2 species, that are considered Zirlan (as they have lived there for thousands of years), but they came from another planet (both from the same planet). Each of 4 main species will have its own island (as it's in LBA 2: Otringal = Island of the Sups, then there is the Island of the Francos, Island of the Wannies, and Island of the Mosquibees). ;)

you invented all that right?

Battler 2004-08-21 21:31

- SGK: Yes. I invented all that (about Zirla). If you want, I can give you the whole TO2: Legen of four planets storyline (not yet finished). ;)

SpaceGuitarist 2004-08-24 00:46

no thx:)

Battler 2004-08-24 23:34

- SGK: If you want, you can help in my project. Can you do anything (textures, sound effects, sprites, etc.)? If so, your help would really be appreciated. ;)

SpaceGuitarist 2004-08-25 02:38

sorry, cant help ya, im busy trying to make my game really darn fast, without sucess, everytime i try to make a sequence i 'grip' in the scripting. annoying.

Battler 2004-09-06 12:37

- SGK: May I ask you a suggestion? Is it better to make whole islands, or, like in LBA 1, just some parts of them? ;)

SpaceGuitarist 2004-09-06 21:45

depends in youre ability, if you can make it easily.

If you show enough of each island (like.. 80% :p), parts of islands are cool,
but I generally prefer a whole island.

Battler 2004-09-07 12:53

- SGK: So, there will be whole islands. BTW: May I use some of the locations in your game for my game (like to make the whole Brundle Island, etc.)? ;)

SpaceGuitarist 2004-09-08 00:32

i prefer not since im doing it... but, as i dont 'own' the island, yes, you ca make of whatever you want. but try to make it like the one i made, so it wont be so different, ok?

and, btw, how are yu going to make this game? will it be 3D like Lba 1.5 or it will be isometric like my game?

Battler 2004-09-08 08:08

- SGK: 2-D. And not isometric. ;)

Gobbles 2004-09-08 15:45

About Emerald moon being classified as a planet is not unusual, many astronomers label our solar system as having 11 planets, Sun, Mercury, Venus, Earth, Lunar(Earths moon), Mars, Saturn etc... which all add up to 11 large bodies in our solar system. Has'nt anyone heard about the book called the 12th planet? Which is just about planet X.(Apparently many people believed that Planet X existed and not only that, believed that it was going to return to earth in 2003, in it's comet like orbit and come so close to earth that it's magnetic and gravitational forces would reverse Earths polarity, erupting volcanos, creating tidal waves and practicly wiping out 90% of life on Earth!) :p

SpaceGuitarist 2004-09-09 03:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gobbles
About Emerald moon being classified as a planet is not unusual, many astronomers label our solar system as having 11 planets, Sun, Mercury, Venus, Earth, Lunar(Earths moon), Mars, Saturn etc... which all add up to 11 large bodies in our solar system. Has'nt anyone heard about the book called the 12th planet? Which is just about planet X.(Apparently many people believed that Planet X existed and not only that, believed that it was going to return to earth in 2003, in it's comet like orbit and come so close to earth that it's magnetic and gravitational forces would reverse Earths polarity, erupting volcanos, creating tidal waves and practicly wiping out 90% of life on Earth!) :p

that is not the planet X, its another one called Hercolubos, or the red planet and is coming here and will be here at about 2012 and will cause all these destructions, and when that happens, the moon will be about 3 times its size, and the mganetic force of both (the moon and the red planet) will cause the waves to move with extremely force against us. And we will die. period.

As far as i remember, planet x is just one secret planet inbetween pluton and another one.. i think..

Battler 2004-09-09 11:02

- What has that story to do with my project? :?

SpaceGuitarist 2004-09-09 18:42

we are talking about planets/moons. youre game is in planets/moons also:p

--

btw, when will we have a screenshot of the game?