the Magicball Network Forums

the Magicball Network Forums (https://forum.magicball.net/index.php)
-   General (https://forum.magicball.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   a twinsen that could swim (https://forum.magicball.net/showthread.php?t=10944)

haj01 2006-05-02 19:49

a twinsen that could swim

twinsen always drowned i want him to be able to swim! this would be grart in lba 3! waht do u think

morshem 2006-05-02 20:02

If Twinsen could swim, he'd be able to freely go around from island to island. So unless it's a necessary part of the game, I don't think it's a good idea.

ChaosFish 2006-05-02 20:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by morshem
If Twinsen could swim, he'd be able to freely go around from island to island. So unless it's a necessary part of the game, I don't think it's a good idea.

If you could swim, would you be able to go around freely from island to island?

Hmm...... This is an interesting solution to the Lost situation ;)

Kitarii 2006-05-02 20:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaosFish

Hmm...... This is an interesting solution to the Lost situation ;)

Lol. :D I think morshems point is that all the islands are next to each other scenewise, so it would just be a matter of going through to the next scene. However, if you try this with the jetpack, you find an invisible barrier...

Echomote 2006-05-02 20:25

lol you tried the protopack too? :p

I reckon in LBA3 it'd be awesome if there was an underwater task

elmuerte 2006-05-02 21:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaosFish

3 words: large water monsters

Kitarii 2006-05-02 22:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by El_Muerte
3 words: large water monsters

There was really no need for this, I think ChaosFish proved the point it's hard to swim between any two islands in the world... :fool:

elmuerte 2006-05-02 22:46

I want large water monsters!!!!!!111!1!1!!1oneleven!!1

Kitarii 2006-05-02 22:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by El_Muerte
I want large water monsters!!!!!!111!1!1!!1oneleven!!1

:D

Hey, thinking about the undergas monsters, what happened to the at the end of LBA2? I suppose they all died?

But then, what about the people living under the undergas? And do you think there will be more islands on green Zeelich? I hope so. This may have gone a bit off the intended topic but it's all relative...

haj01 2006-05-02 22:55

yes u could have sharks or monsters in some waters so u cant go in them that would make it realistic and a reason to take a boat or dinofly. so i think it could work.

Kitarii 2006-05-02 23:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by haj01
yes u could have sharks or monsters in some waters so u cant go in them that would make it realistic and a reason to take a boat or dinofly. so i think it could work.

Thank goodness we have your approval!! :geek:

:D I kid you, I kid you, I joke you, I joke you.

Haha, yeas, (that's right, "yeas") I made a funny.

* Ricochet goes mad. :stupid:

LukeNoNumbers 2006-05-02 23:15

On a side topic, it is in a way unfortunate that the gas was cleared, because I really wanted to see Twinsen getting into some sort of special suit and entering the gas to get hold of some sort of item, of course fighting monsters along the way. The closest we got to that was the secret corridoor in Island CX.

I tried the jetpack as well. When Twinsen gets back from his first visit to Zeelich I found that the Esmers had disabled the ferry, and thought that Dinofly was on Desert Island, so I tried crossing the ocean in Twinsen's protopack.:D

Invisible walls annoy me, so I preferred the more realistic barrier of the water. Perhaps Twinsen could have a diving suit and use it to walk around the sea bed to find some pearl or other.

About the islands being so close together: that also annoyed me. The 3D exteriors meant that LBA2 had to show the full environment and therefore had to limit it. In LBA1 I always gotr the impression that the islands were bigger than just the areas we had access to (even Citadel Island). In LBA2 the race track is visible from outer space! So if invisible walls are needed to make the island bigger, then so be it.

Illumina 2006-05-03 10:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by haj01

Speaking of sharks, you must really like them (your name). Then again, players can see the film scenes that Twinsen in the boat sees a rabbibunny who is skiing on the waters while a shark pursues him. Savage Shark! :)

bunnyrabbot02 2006-05-03 11:36

That would be great if he could swim!

CiB 2006-05-03 13:49

I don't see the problem about Twinsen's bieng able to swim allowing him to swim from island to island. After all, I liv ein the UK and I can swim. If I was going to the US I wouldn't swim, I'd get a plane or a ferry. Same goes even if I was only going to somewhere on continental Europe.

I imagine Twinsen would feel the same way. If he could swim, he wouldn't be able to do so indefintly, (maybe have some sort of fatigue measurer), he'd have to stop and juts float every so often. Frankly, that combined with El Muerte's ginat sea monsters should prevent folks trying to swim between islands.

morshem 2006-05-03 15:09

Well, you can cross the entire planet in 10 minutes, so how much time will it take to swim from one island to another?

ChaosFish 2006-05-03 15:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by morshem
Well, you can cross the entire planet in 10 minutes, so how much time will it take to swim from one island to another?

That is true only for the shrunken Twinsun in LBA2... hopefully in LBA3 it will get normal again.

Horadrim 2006-05-03 18:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luke648019651
... Perhaps Twinsen could have a diving suit and use it to walk around the sea bed to find some pearl or other...

Two years ago I had the same idea, and then I made a little underwater part for the LBAx plot. For the dive siut mad_aeon suggested that the space siut from LBA2 could be modifyed a little by Baldino and could look like this:

http://www.uploadtemple.com/view.php/1146667772.avi

Since I made major changes in the outfit of all characters, I thought I could show you this siut :) .

Lightwing 2006-05-04 07:33

Large water monsters are nice, but topless mermaids that attract Twinsen before drowning him to his doom is also a good touch.

Reek 2006-05-06 09:07

You can never go wrong with large water monsters.
Then again, same goes for anything starting with "topless".

insane_cobra 2006-05-06 10:24

How about the best of both worlds, large topless water monsters?

Kitarii 2006-05-06 23:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by insane_cobra
How about the best of both worlds, large topless water monsters?

Imagine a water monster with a top. :-/

Echomote 2006-05-07 00:10

http://photos.nondot.org/2002-09-28-...ts%20Bill!.jpg

The water fountain monster has a top

ChaosFish 2006-05-07 00:16

Didn't know you have glasses :)

Echomote 2006-05-07 00:33

This isn't the what you look like thread ChaosFish :p it's not me