the Magicball Network Forums

the Magicball Network Forums (https://forum.magicball.net/index.php)
-   General (https://forum.magicball.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Didier Chanfray Kickstarter 20 May 2019 (https://forum.magicball.net/showthread.php?t=18327)

Neko 2020-10-08 00:57

really curious how it is going to sound

SpaceGuitarist 2020-10-09 16:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neko (Post 459337)
really curious how it is going to sound

Aren't we all !!!

LtDemolition 2020-11-09 13:18

Wow this is awesome!! Can't believe I missed the Kickstarter Campaign :(

Is it still possible to pledge some € ? Or purchase a digital copy?

Quetch 2020-12-20 13:53

Check your e-Mails! The digital version of the soundtrack is out for those of us who backed the project... Downloading right now, hope it'll be a blast :)

rob_c 2020-12-20 14:34

downloading now ;)

elmuerte 2020-12-20 15:21

Listing to the new rendition is clear how a lot of songs really were made to be played by an orchestra. The Opening for LBA and The Quest are so good :tup: :D

Emerald Moon has been made extra spacey with an added synth.

Talabarbe 2020-12-20 15:32

Hi everyone, had some issues to finish the download :(
It always restarts at approx. 742 mo downloaded, someone had the same problem ?

rob_c 2020-12-20 15:57

No problem here

I sincerely enjoyed it. Feels more like a movie soundtrack to me. Some of the themes are very cool like "the empire", "in the temple", "funky town" 'hamalayi', 'opening for lba', 'the quest' 'music box LBA' and others. Well done Phillipe Vachey ;)

Talabarbe 2020-12-20 16:09

Excellent, i'm the unlucky guy of the day ahah

Glad you enjoy it :)

Homeless 2020-12-20 21:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talabarbe (Post 459448)
Excellent, i'm the unlucky guy of the day ahah
https://youtu.be/OCmuATH2yzo

Glad you enjoy it :)

Try another browser. For some reason I couldn't download it with Firefox, had to use Chrome.

Talabarbe 2020-12-20 21:53

Hi Homeless, long time no see :D

Thanks for the advice, earlier in the day i've tried to change my browser and nothing come out.
The issue have been solved some hours ago, thanks to the Wayo Records customer service. It was my local network who didn't like their host services for some reason ahah

But hey, now i can listen peacefully the album and enjoy it just like rob_c do :p

Also, i see in this post that some people already had the Sendell medaillon ... it was earlier for a specific pledge or for everyone ? If it's the second case, i don't know why i didn't receive mine ahah

Greetings !

danielsan 2020-12-20 22:45

I was surprised today we got the digital version really cool present before christmas!
Grabbed myself a good whiskey and a fine chair for listening.

Really like the effort they put in the symphonic suite with the different instruments.
Gives a nice new ambience and feeling this music already has.

Song for Gabriel was perfect so i dig they didn't do a remake.
The bonus tracks they did on the piano where also nice.

The only complain i have is cd 2 number 10 Metamorphosis of the hamilayi there is a lot of background noise (hitting the padel of the piano on the floor?)

Overall its a great project i really like the end result, what do you guys think?

elmuerte 2020-12-21 01:05

I don't like the new In The Temple. The new Desert is also a bit too crowed with instruments. FT LAps could have received some more focus on the guitar, the lower tones are way too loud.
Village (Piano Version) is quite nice though.

Important note though, I've only listened to the number like 2 or 4 times so far. Compared to the ... well, probably hundreds of hours for the originals.

But I'm really happy with the Opening for LBA, The Quest, Purple, Th Empire, and Emerald Moon.

elmuerte 2020-12-21 01:13

It's also nice of them to put in a special thanks for DarkFlame, our one true Twinsen.

danielsan 2020-12-21 13:23

Unfortunately they did not include the original version of purple. I also would have liked a new version of the LBA 2 installation music :cool:

Neko 2020-12-21 18:34

really like the Empire! I tend to like the ones that stick close to the original I feel

Echomote 2020-12-21 23:04

I challenge somebody to work out how to embed the new renditions over the music in the original games so we can play them with the new sound :D

wannie 2020-12-22 02:24

I just spent the last couple of hours listening to the symphonic suite. I'm really pleased with the result, even if it still won't be this time I'll hear Honey Bee and The Rebels being played by a real orchestra.

The highlights for me are Opening for LBA, The Empire, Purple, Hamalaya and The Quest.
I really like the refreshing new life of The Empire, by adding what Philippe described in the booklet as a "pattern in Celtic colours" -- entirely appropriate in my opinion, this musical tartan is a whole new song on top of a LBA classic.
And something needs to be said about Opening for LBA. I listened to this track and what I found was the exact grandiose result I was expecting to see emerge from when I imagined LBA's soundtrack being played by a real orchestra. I listened to this track and had to go back and listen to it again. Phenomenal work. I can't help but imagine how hard it must have been to get the whole orchestra with all its distinctive parts move together in sync as one. A challenge taken on perfectly again in tracks like Hamalaya and The Quest.

I don't know about you guys but for me the wait was worth it :)

SpaceGuitarist 2020-12-22 03:14

Had a few listens in yesterday and today and it's such a delight ! ♥:x I am glad to have this now ! Been needing more of this kind of music in my life.

Quote:

Originally Posted by elmuerte (Post 459453)
FT LAps could have received some more focus on the guitar, the lower tones are way too loud.

Oh yeeeeeah :cool: Check my fan cover in my sig if you wish to compensate your craving for more guitar on this track heheheh. :proud2:

Quote:

Originally Posted by elmuerte (Post 459454)
It's also nice of them to put in a special thanks for DarkFlame, our one true Twinsen.

True that! :) Really nice gesture from them.
Also, the brochure content is good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by elmuerte (Post 459445)
The Opening for LBA and The Quest are so good

These are also the ones I think are the best!

Quote:

Originally Posted by wannie (Post 459459)
I'm really pleased with the result, even if it still won't be this time I'll hear Honey Bee and The Rebels being played by a real orchestra.

The omissions of Zeelich, Honey Bee, a fully fledged and full power LBA Theme that went wild beyond our dreams and The Rebels in favour of other tracks is a bit strange indeed... The Rebels in particular is one that absolutely fits the whole orchestra thing. Also strange, is the choice to add so many synths in lead parts, instead of letting it be entirely live and played by the orchestra, or at least keep synths on the background for subtle effects only.

Quote:

Originally Posted by danielsan (Post 459452)
The bonus tracks they did on the piano where also nice.
The only complain i have is cd 2 number 10 Metamorphosis of the hamilayi there is a lot of background noise (hitting the pedal of the piano on the floor?)

Yes, I think the piano performances really added to it. They capture the true spirit and emotions of the originals for most of the time, with interesting variations. It is satisfyingly raw, and carries the same vein of emotion of the original tracks. Shame it seems the piano sound sounds like it was mic'd from far or mixed with too much ambience, I dunno, can't tell. Nevertheless the performance is wild! The piano is on fire! :evilwink:

Quetch 2020-12-22 16:26

uhm guys, when u mentioned the booklet/brochure, u meant digital only, right?! Cause as far as I know, only the Sendell's medallions were shipped earlier this year in 2020, but since then nothing. Have I missed something? :/

SpaceGuitarist 2020-12-22 16:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quetch (Post 459464)
uhm guys, when u mentioned the booklet/brochure, u meant digital only, right?! Cause as far as I know, only the Sendell's medallions were shipped earlier this year in 2020, but since then nothing. Have I missed something? :/

Yes, digital. I believe this is not a standalone booklet that will be shipped separately, but actually the insert that you'd get with a physical copy of the CD.

Quetch 2020-12-22 17:16

Hmm who knows, maybe it'll be physical as well, as the CDs are 2 separate ones, in a jewel case each, then both jewel cases come inside a slipcase, so there's plenty of room for that booklet :) but we'll see I guess... I just wanted to make sure I haven't missed any other shipment 'til now :p

SpaceGuitarist 2020-12-22 18:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quetch (Post 459466)
Hmm who knows, maybe it'll be physical as well, as the CDs are 2 separate ones, in a jewel case each, then both jewel cases come inside a slipcase, so there's plenty of room for that booklet :) but we'll see I guess... I just wanted to make sure I haven't missed any other shipment 'til now :p

It seems to be one jewel case, that fits two CDs. From the kickstarter page:

CD description: two-disc jewel case with scabbard, 32-page booklet, picture discs, contains the entire symphonic suite and soundtracks of Little Big Adventure 1 & 2.

Anyway, whichever way it is, its all good. :lol::p

xesf 2020-12-22 22:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by elmuerte (Post 459454)

Yes, that was a beautiful gesture.

The release of the symphony just came at the right time, great Christmas present.
I had a flight late Sunday, so I end-up listening to it most of the flight :)

I am very pleased with the new Tracks, specially Mother Earth.

Music Box LBA, The Empire and Metamorphosis of the Himalayan are at the top.
I can listening the new Theme version over and over.

Emerald Moon and FT LAps are great - imagine Jean Michel Jarre playing them in one of his concerts... :zombie:

Overall I am very please with it, I've been listening almost the whole day today, but I miss a symphonic version of Song for Gabriel.

@Quetch it's a single CD case with booklet inside like displayed in this picture: https://scontent-dub4-1.xx.fbcdn.net...a8&oe=6006D428

rob_c 2020-12-22 23:26

Quote:

Emerald Moon and FT LAps are great - imagine Jean Michel Jarre playing them in one of his concerts...
haha... that's exactly what I thought when I first listened to them ;)