the Magicball Network Forums

the Magicball Network Forums (https://forum.magicball.net/index.php)
-   LbaX (https://forum.magicball.net/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Where do I get LBAX from it sounds good? (https://forum.magicball.net/showthread.php?t=9647)

Programmer_x9 2005-06-26 22:32

Where do I get LBAX from it sounds good?
 
Please answer the question of the title in this thread.

Double-J 2005-06-26 23:46

LBA X Website

You can download it here, under the "downloads" menu. ;) But it's only a demo.

takashi_maze 2005-08-11 01:47

That link doesn't work O_o Or if it does, I wouldn't know cuz I don't speak German.

ChaosFish 2005-08-11 01:59

Christ! LbaX site is down because the server who hosted it went out of business. So it seems anyway...

Double-J 2005-08-12 14:53

Well, I'm sure somebody here would be willing to host the install file, even temporarily, for the demo.. ;)

takashi_maze 2005-08-12 15:03

I would host it on my server if I had the file xD

ChaosFish 2005-08-12 15:03

I (and Lucifer and Axx) can even host the site if it isn't too big (I bet it isn't). twinadv.net has a lot of wasted free space/bandwidth. And LbaX site is an important LBA site, so it would be great :)

Double-J 2010-09-21 19:21

Since I saw some ad spiders lurking this thread, it made me wonder if anyone did ever end up hosting the LBA X demo? I may have it on an old PC but it is mothballed somewhere in my basement. Still, it was a fun little tech demo. I miss the days of these projects, so much hope.

Jast 2010-09-21 21:56

I've been hoping to play this for years, just never got round to posting a thread about it. If somebody does have it, please upload. :)

Double-J 2010-09-21 22:16

Maybe over the weekend I'll boot that computer up and see what I can do. If I find it, can someone host it?

Jasiek 2010-09-22 14:33

The "days of these projects"? And what the hell have I been doing for the past few years huh?!

:(

I bet Horadrim still has a demo anyways.

Double-J 2010-09-22 16:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasiek (Post 399750)
The "days of these projects"? And what the hell have I been doing for the past few years huh?!

You're chopped liver to me. Now go over there, straddle that Panzer, and prepare to be violated invaded.

Jast 2010-09-24 13:49

I'll send a PM to Horadrim.

Horadrim 2010-09-24 18:01

Yes, I still have a copy of the demo. Since some things occured in the past, I`ve been rejecting the idea to post a link to the demo. Since the LSA project, I realized that some things are better to be released, but under some conditions. That`s why I modified the readme files, included in the LSA project and included the license.txt, all in this archive (among the technical demo):
http://ifile.it/ved7zxo/LbaX_release_04.tar.gz

The demo is extremely buggy and nobody (anymore) could provide support for it. Anyway, I`ve noticed that it runs under linux with wine, but somehow, the actor SMD animations don`t load. So, enjoy it as much as you can.

Jast 2010-09-24 22:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Horadrim (Post 399869)
Yes, I still have a copy of the demo. Since some things occured in the past, I`ve been rejecting the idea to post a link to the demo. Since the LSA project, I realized that some things are better to be released, but under some conditions. That`s why I modified the readme files, included in the LSA project and included the license.txt, all in this archive (among the technical demo):
http://ifile.it/ved7zxo/LbaX_release_04.tar.gz

The demo is extremely buggy and nobody (anymore) could provide support for it. Anyway, I`ve noticed that it runs under linux with wine, but somehow, the actor SMD animations don`t load. So, enjoy it as much as you can.

Great, thanks Horadrim :)

Kobold 2010-09-24 23:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Horadrim (Post 399869)
Yes, I still have a copy of the demo. Since some things occured in the past, I`ve been rejecting the idea to post a link to the demo. Since the LSA project, I realized that some things are better to be released, but under some conditions. That`s why I modified the readme files, included in the LSA project and included the license.txt, all in this archive (among the technical demo):
http://ifile.it/ved7zxo/LbaX_release_04.tar.gz

The demo is extremely buggy and nobody (anymore) could provide support for it. Anyway, I`ve noticed that it runs under linux with wine, but somehow, the actor SMD animations don`t load. So, enjoy it as much as you can.

Crashes for me after I click "Play" on the LBA2-like start-up screen.

Jast 2010-09-25 02:41

Works for me (on Windows) but it's very buggy as Horadrim said.. is it possible to leave Twinsen's house? When I tried to go into the basement it crashed.

Kobold 2010-09-25 02:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jast (Post 399910)
Works for me (on Windows) but it's very buggy as Horadrim said.. is it possible to leave Twinsen's house? When I tried to go into the basement it crashed.

What version of Windows is that?

Jast 2010-09-25 02:57

7. Which is probably why.

Kobold 2010-09-25 03:03

Doesn't work for me on Windows XP. And yes, I did copy that DLL.

Double-J 2010-09-25 16:30

It worked for me on XP, but that was awhile ago.

Horadrim 2010-09-25 16:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jast (Post 399910)
Works for me (on Windows) but it's very buggy as Horadrim said.. is it possible to leave Twinsen's house? When I tried to go into the basement it crashed.

No, you can`t leave the house. It crashes at the basement, probably because that part of the house is missing. I don`t know why Davide didn`t include it.

Mazaka151 2010-09-28 01:04

What is this, Runtime error 217 at 000EF8F0

Polaris 2010-09-30 00:01

Crashed, as I expected :sad:

_DS_ 2012-10-15 02:53

Link to the demo:
http://kiwi6.com/file/ao148nullq
It says version 0.4.

Untill today, on every computer I tried to run it, all I got was the usual black screen.
Today, however, I found out that it works on windows xp sp2 in VMware.


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:48.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, the Magicball Network