the Magicball Network Forums

the Magicball Network Forums (https://forum.magicball.net/index.php)
-   General (https://forum.magicball.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Are the casino results random? (https://forum.magicball.net/showthread.php?t=11480)

morshem 2006-09-23 13:00

Are the casino results random?
 
I was playing LBA 2, and was wondering: are the results in the casino's slot machines and games generated randomly, or are pre-planned? It seems that you'll always get a key, and it usually takes no longer than like 2-3 minutes... So it can't be all that random I guess...

Not that it's really important, but maybe someone who understands the game's engine can confirm that...

Kitarii 2006-09-23 15:54

I've often wondered about this also. On Cannibal's speedrun, he did this thing in the bar where he got 25z out of the casino slot each time... :-/

Purple Sheep 2006-09-23 17:12

Money is very common, but I've only got a key once I think. Probably because I don't try for long enough.

Quetch 2006-09-23 21:01

yes they are random .... but not in a loop . what I mean is it's not random like in reality ... they have a limit factor .... I guess in the main engine , it looks like this :

x=0
for results# = 1 to 10 do
set random x=1
end
if x=0 then notwin
if x=1 then win

... just so that u get the idea ... every 10 attempts , u can win something ;)

Kobold 2006-09-23 21:23

Mh... they aren't really random, because you can't win a clover. There must be a routine.

morshem 2006-09-24 06:35

Are you sure you can't win a clover? I think I did once (not sure though).

Quetch 2006-09-24 09:26

I won a clover 2-3 times so yes , it is possible ;)

Kobold 2006-09-24 10:09

What??? :eek: I must have tried this slot machine a billion times and never got one!

Quetch 2006-09-24 10:17

well the prizes are random , but with a certain degree . I guess the clover is very very rare ...

bunnyrabbot02 2006-09-24 12:37

I haven't won a clover yet. :eek:

schitzn 2006-09-24 14:39

The key can only be won is your Kashos are between 70 - 90, otherwise the game wont give it to you, Ive read this in numerous faqs.

The results are predetermined before the symbols stop spinning, as exploited in the speedrun mentioned above.

Purple Sheep 2006-09-24 15:19

Kashos = Kashes or Zlitos?

Kitarii 2006-09-24 15:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Purple Sheep (Post 289241)
Kashos = Kashes or Zlitos?

Lol. :lol: Must be Zlitos considering you are on Zeelich at the time, meaning that the number of Kashes you own are invariable.

morshem 2006-09-24 16:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by schitzn (Post 289235)
The key can only be won is your Kashos are between 70 - 90, otherwise the game wont give it to you, Ive read this in numerous faqs.

Eh... that's not true... when I played yesterday I had like 10 kashes or something...

Purple Sheep 2006-09-24 16:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricochet (Post 289242)
Lol. :lol: Must be Zlitos considering you are on Zeelich at the time, meaning that the number of Kashes you own are invariable.

Not necessarily (it's not like you need the key to complete the game... as I said I've only got it once I think) although you're probably right.

Kitarii 2006-09-24 17:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Purple Sheep (Post 289245)
Not necessarily (it's not like you need the key to complete the game... as I said I've only got it once I think) although you're probably right.

Oh yeah, but... It's kinda hard to make 100z any other way (for sailing Leontine). :-/ Except by cheating of course.

Purple Sheep 2006-09-24 18:06

Not really... you can get quite a lot of money from the other things in the casino. The slot machines give you 25 zlitos quite frequently, and you can cheat on the "come on baby come to papa" game.

LBAWinOwns 2006-09-25 17:13

mor - I'm pretty sure he meant zlitos...

shitzn - It's very likely that every FAQ-writer just stole the snippet from some other FAQ-writer.

I guess some hacker can see if the LBA2.exe is trying to access the system clock information (I think most randoms are generated by the clock).

morshem 2006-09-25 17:17

[quote]mor - I'm pretty sure he meant zlitos...[/quote
Sorry, that's what I meant too.

elmuerte 2006-09-25 17:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by LBAWinOwns (Post 289318)
I think most randoms are generated by the clock.

No they're not. They use Pi

schitzn 2006-09-26 02:38

Pi for computer Randomisation!

Got a wikipedia referral for factual evidence on that one El?

btw: I meant 70-90 Zlitos to get the key in my post above.

Necdilzor 2006-09-26 03:01

zlitos-clover-key-magic-lives...

any meca penguin?

Schnitzel-Man 2006-09-26 09:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by El_Muerte (Post 289320)
No they're not. They use Pi

No they don't. Probably because, well, Pi is absolutely predictable and not random.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linear_...tial_generator

elmuerte 2006-09-26 18:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schnitzel-Man (Post 289368)
No they don't. Probably because, well, Pi is absolutely predictable and not random.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linear_...tial_generator

Yes, that's the exact reason why Pi is used. When you seed you actually set the starting offset of decimals of Pi to start at. The reason for this is simple, the same seed should produce the same sequence. Predictablity is important for testing applications.

Applications that use an RNG for security reasons often implement their own RNG that takes more than one variable instead of the default RND.

Streg 2006-09-26 19:40

btw, did u know that u could cheat at one of the games? The one with the small rat-like beast? :P u just need to attack him with something and he will run in the opposite direction :)
u can also cheat at the dog game, but u can stop only one dog :P


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 10:13.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, the Magicball Network