the Magicball Network Forums

the Magicball Network Forums (https://forum.magicball.net/index.php)
-   Off topic (https://forum.magicball.net/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Great game suggestion!!!!!!! (https://forum.magicball.net/showthread.php?t=18580)

SpaceGuitarist 2021-09-15 20:20

Great game suggestion!!!!!!!
 
1 Attachment(s)
I am not sure why many of you here play titles like little big adventure
or beyond good & evil
y'know..
games that deal with freedom above all and overthrowing tyranny and citizen regulations all that

I have a game that's just right for y'all

lemmings

these guys might even be your kin! :x

https://forum.magicball.net/attachme...1&d=1631726312

elmuerte 2021-09-15 22:28

The Artful Escape was made for you
https://theartfulescape.com/


(I just finished it)

SpaceGuitarist 2021-09-15 23:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by elmuerte (Post 460518)
The Artful Escape was made for you
https://theartfulescape.com/

https://youtu.be/ZDj13Mz2voM

(I just finished it)

Hey!! That's really cool of you El. This game is very much the kind of game I'd play.
Thanks!!

:cool:

CS2x 2021-09-17 05:07

“Who did it?” is an old question, but that doesn’t mean it is irrelevant. I didn’t think they’d suit either. But they’re willing to be bossed around and Stefanie has become more open to it. I think they’re both kinda bored too. I do think the next step for us is to take charge of a greater cast of actors, and we have a young bag-cat willing to participate now too.

Bot13 2021-09-17 09:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by CS2x (Post 460538)
“Who did it?” is an old question, but that doesn’t mean it is irrelevant. I didn’t think they’d suit either. But they’re willing to be bossed around and Stefanie has become more open to it. I think they’re both kinda bored too. I do think the next step for us is to take charge of a greater cast of actors, and we have a young bag-cat willing to participate now too. ������

Are you okay?

CS2x 2021-09-22 02:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bot13 (Post 460543)
Are you okay?

Thank you for asking. The tinnitus was raging and so I took Ambien, which seems to calm it down and allow for sleep. Unless you stay up after taking it, and so do things you barely remember the next day. :eek:

Neko 2021-09-23 15:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by CS2x (Post 460593)
Thank you for asking. The tinnitus was raging and so I took Ambien, which seems to calm it down and allow for sleep. Unless you stay up after taking it, and so do things you barely remember the next day. :eek:

the new qualude?

johnnybrubacker 2021-09-30 15:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by CS2x (Post 460593)
Thank you for asking. The tinnitus was raging and so I took Ambien, which seems to calm it down and allow for sleep. Unless you stay up after taking it, and so do things you barely remember the next day. :eek:

Glad it's helping you man but zolpidem/zopiclone and the like can be addictive. Have you tried meditation? I found that the best to deal with my crippling insomnia (although that was more anxiety driven rather than physiological related like yours seems to be)

CS2x 2021-10-01 01:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neko (Post 460612)
the new qualude?

Hah, you got me reading up on that drug (hadn't heard of it before.) This was a particularly interesting (and short) article: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-33428487

I think Ambien / Zolpidem is a bit less hardcore, and has less sordid connotations in my mind - but can still have pretty dramatic effects.

CS2x 2021-10-01 02:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnybrubacker (Post 460629)
Glad it's helping you man but zolpidem/zopiclone and the like can be addictive. Have you tried meditation? I found that the best to deal with my crippling insomnia (although that was more anxiety driven rather than physiological related like yours seems to be)

Thanks for the post. I actually went through a year of very intense insomnia from 2018, before this tinnitus, so I can relate to you. I mean many nights of either zero sleep, or something ludicrous like 2 hours a night. It was crazy and awful and I don't know what brought it on, and few could relate. Weirdly the insomnia came first, and then anxiety built around the issue of sleep to an extreme degree. (It was also funny hearing people say things like, "yeah, I have sleep problems too! The other night I only managed to get six hours." I was thinking at the time, "six hours!? I would be totally overjoyed with that...")

You're right about zopiclone and zolpidem being addictive. It's a hard balance, because a certain kind of insomnia seems to beat all mind games and calming methods and tools experts tell you. And so often nights seem to be a choice between another night of no sleep, or taking a drug. You are probably right that mastering meditation of a certain variety would be a safer way to deal with it, however. I found all the standard methods (I tried them all!) and all the sleep hygiene stuff actually made me even worse in that period, and more fixated on sleep. It got better when I finally took seriously my wife's approach, and the approach one doctor said, which was truly believing this: "I am resting tonight. If sleep comes, that's a bonus. It doesn't matter if I don't sleep; I just need to remain restful. Sleep will eventually come; if not tonight or even the next night, it will still come." Of course I know sleep is important for health, but it was necessary to force myself to take away the need to sleep. Sleep "happens" and can't be performed or coerced (as I know you probably know well!)

Anyway, I got over that and started sleeping great again. Wonderful! And then tinnitus struck. LOL. And actually I could usually sleep with that initial tinnitus, until further issues happened to the ears and the tinnitus went to a severe level. And so sometimes the choice seems to be Zolpidem or diazepam or wine or whatever or no sleep, again. However, there is less anxiety than last time, because I survived a year of no sleep and didn't loose my mind, and so I know the same can happen again. Zolpidem also seems to do something to the sound of the tinnitus - it "softens" it, and I'm also very sensitive to it and get tripped out. I musn't enjoy that too much or get used to it, as you say, because that would a dangerous trip downwards. But I can't judge people who get into these spirals; many of them are terrible anxious and besieged by pain in other ways. None of us or few of us would be making these choices if we didn't have physiological or psychological happenings we didn't want and never expected to have.

Anyway, enough rambling. I don't know why I always do this on the MBN!?

SpaceGuitarist 2021-10-02 02:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by CS2x (Post 460633)
Anyway, enough rambling. I don't know why I always do this on the MBN!?

Because this is the MBN:

https://images.wisegeek.com/male-the...on-a-couch.jpg

SpaceGuitarist 2021-10-05 21:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by CS2x (Post 460633)
Sleep "happens" and can't be performed or coerced (as I know you probably know well!)

Sometimes a rag of chloroform will do. ;)

johnnybrubacker 2021-11-01 21:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by CS2x (Post 460633)
Thanks for the post. I actually went through a year of very intense insomnia from 2018, before this tinnitus, so I can relate to you. I mean many nights of either zero sleep, or something ludicrous like 2 hours a night. It was crazy and awful and I don't know what brought it on, and few could relate. Weirdly the insomnia came first, and then anxiety built around the issue of sleep to an extreme degree. (It was also funny hearing people say things like, "yeah, I have sleep problems too! The other night I only managed to get six hours." I was thinking at the time, "six hours!? I would be totally overjoyed with that...")

You're right about zopiclone and zolpidem being addictive. It's a hard balance, because a certain kind of insomnia seems to beat all mind games and calming methods and tools experts tell you. And so often nights seem to be a choice between another night of no sleep, or taking a drug. You are probably right that mastering meditation of a certain variety would be a safer way to deal with it, however. I found all the standard methods (I tried them all!) and all the sleep hygiene stuff actually made me even worse in that period, and more fixated on sleep. It got better when I finally took seriously my wife's approach, and the approach one doctor said, which was truly believing this: "I am resting tonight. If sleep comes, that's a bonus. It doesn't matter if I don't sleep; I just need to remain restful. Sleep will eventually come; if not tonight or even the next night, it will still come." Of course I know sleep is important for health, but it was necessary to force myself to take away the need to sleep. Sleep "happens" and can't be performed or coerced (as I know you probably know well!)

Anyway, I got over that and started sleeping great again. Wonderful! And then tinnitus struck. LOL. And actually I could usually sleep with that initial tinnitus, until further issues happened to the ears and the tinnitus went to a severe level. And so sometimes the choice seems to be Zolpidem or diazepam or wine or whatever or no sleep, again. However, there is less anxiety than last time, because I survived a year of no sleep and didn't loose my mind, and so I know the same can happen again. Zolpidem also seems to do something to the sound of the tinnitus - it "softens" it, and I'm also very sensitive to it and get tripped out. I musn't enjoy that too much or get used to it, as you say, because that would a dangerous trip downwards. But I can't judge people who get into these spirals; many of them are terrible anxious and besieged by pain in other ways. None of us or few of us would be making these choices if we didn't have physiological or psychological happenings we didn't want and never expected to have.

Anyway, enough rambling. I don't know why I always do this on the MBN!?

Really sorry for the awfully late reply.

Yes you're right, unless you have had crippling insomnia you can't relate to someone suffering from it. Mine started after a bad breakup (which in hindsight was a wonderful thing) and I would be suffering from horrible repetitive thoughts that wouldn't allow me to sleep. This was at the beginning of my specialisation years and when I would go into work as a zombie I'd come off as an idiot as I couldn't answer questions or think on my feet. Basically I found that insomnia destroyed my lateral thinking and creativity - don't know if you felt the same way.

I don't know how I stumbled onto meditation and then finally discovered Eckhart tolle. I found that his explanation about meditation was the best and then after doing it regularly - especially before bed, it allows me some level is sleep. Also I've started taking Cbd oil before bed recently and that kind of helps too haha.

Yes, I also agree about the vicious cycle of trying to get yourself to sleep - it's the worst! I remember trying to just lie in bed for hours not trying to move but just thinking again and again that I'll go to sleep.

For me the worst effect it's had is when I've had to go Oncall at work after a few poor night's sleep...just so frightened that I'd make a fatal mistake. However, its all been ok with no problems.

Hope you're getting better sleep again! Seriously, it's so hard to underestimate the importance of sleep. I never take good sleep for granted these days and I'm thankful when I get a decent night's rest.


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 23:31.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, the Magicball Network