the Magicball Network Forums

the Magicball Network Forums (https://forum.magicball.net/index.php)
-   General (https://forum.magicball.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   New LBA3 concept art from Didier Chanfray! (https://forum.magicball.net/showthread.php?t=15897)

ChaosFish 2011-07-30 17:04

New LBA3 concept art from Didier Chanfray!

5 Attachment(s)
http://forum.magicball.net/attachmen...1&d=1312034605
Anyone care to translate it?

Picture caption from Didier: Twinsen's son looks suspiciously like someone I know very well!

Also attaching the previous LBA images he posted on Facebook just to be safe.

Odysseus 2011-07-30 17:34

"Whoa! cool! "PING" is the best game in the world!!!"

And yes... Didier is a tease, isn't he? Worth another thread indeed. :D On the frontpage yet?? :D

SpaceGuitarist 2011-07-30 18:20

Amazing !! :D

By ping, does he mean atari's "ping pong", right? if so, I have to agree, that game IS very good (and addictive...).

Odysseus 2011-07-30 19:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpaceGuitarist (Post 406015)
Amazing !! :D

By ping, does he mean atari's "ping pong", right? if so, I have to agree, that game IS very good (and addictive...).

Yeah I don't think Pong was named Ping in France... Guess it might be another joke calling pong... ping. Maybe someone from France can shed some light on that? Or from Twinsun.
I don't think its about the game tho, its about the rabbibunny not getting any "play time". :P Guess I state the obvious now :P

Darkflame 2011-07-30 19:26

Utterly fantastic picture :D
Very very fun.

Arthurs hair is rather "Anime" however - its like a flame jet coming out :p

Lawrence 2011-07-31 16:56

Yay, first picture of Arthur since that very old concept art!
Awesome. :)
And, I don't think Arthur's hairstyle is supposed to be anime-ish, more like a metropolitan kid trying to look cool, with the baggy jeans and the skateboard and all that.

Odysseus 2011-07-31 17:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lawrence (Post 406051)
And, I don't think Arthur's hairstyle is supposed to be anime-ish, more like a metropolitan kid trying to look cool, with the baggy jeans and the skateboard and all that.

I think it makes a nice contrast with the cloud above the rabbibunny. Like a sun and coulds, kinda thing. :-p

Fireball 2011-07-31 20:27

Nice to see some new stuff from Didier! I think it's quite a nice reminder that he hasn't forgotten about LBA and the community. Seems like Twinsun just got 1970s technology :p

Darkflame 2011-07-31 22:34

Indeed.
Teleportation? Cloning? EASY!

Pong....thats state of the art! :)

Actualy, it does kinda make sense, its not like funfrock had a videogame division, so casual tech probably only came after.

Necdilzor 2011-07-31 22:35

Hey! That's a nice drawing! I like the way the characters look. By the way...she could also be Arthur's girlfriend... who knows? (Didier I guess?)

ChaosFish 2011-07-31 23:45

Nah, Arthur only likes sphero girls.

Darkflame 2011-08-01 00:09

Posted on the front page.

Lightwing 2011-08-01 00:18

Okay, as cute as it is, why do I find this scenario so hard to believe :D

ChaosFish 2011-08-01 00:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkflame (Post 406064)
Posted on the front page.

Can you add it here too? http://www.magicball.net/image_galleries/lba3
The last LBA3 concept art was from 6 years ago. :eek:

Axx 2011-08-01 02:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkflame (Post 406058)
Indeed.
Teleportation? Cloning? EASY!

Pong....thats state of the art! :)

Actualy, it does kinda make sense, its not like funfrock had a videogame division, so casual tech probably only came after.

Moon landing came before pong... :p

I do wonder however, with all the LBA related shiznet if theyre hinting that theyre considering it. Could always call and ask, but nowadays feel a tad silly doing so...

ras maxim 2011-08-01 12:35

Please PM me when LBA3 is out, I don't have time to check forum. I hope they make Arthur look like Naruto to get more sales.

Double-J 2011-08-01 14:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by ras maxim (Post 406071)
Please PM me when LBA3 is out, I don't have time to check forum. I hope they make Arthur look like Naruto to get more sales.

lolwut? :lol:

ChaosFish 2011-08-01 14:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by ras maxim (Post 406071)
I hope they make Arthur look like Naruto to get more sales.

I reaaaaaaaally hope they don't.

Kobold 2011-08-01 15:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaosFish (Post 406061)
Nah, Arthur only likes sphero girls.

But spheroes don't reproduce!

Does Baldino plan to turn the Emerald Moon into a spaceship?

Double-J 2011-08-01 15:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaosFish (Post 406075)
I reaaaaaaaally hope they don't.

Maybe he'll bury his head in the sand, too? :p

ras maxim 2011-08-01 15:38

The only possibility publishers (and audience) can be interested in new LBA game is if it would have naruto-like protagonist and hot anthropomorphic furries and mini-games. That's the price we should pay if we want LBA3 be ever released.

ChaosFish 2011-08-01 15:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kobold (Post 406081)
But spheroes don't reproduce!

Hmm... Spheros are shrouded by mystery. Except that one thing written in the official site no one ever explained anything about them. Bio-androids. How did that even happen? I'm getting curious about the Sphero history.

There was one sphero kid in LBA2 though. In the temple of Bu. With a Grobo father and a Rabibunny mother. Or maybe he wasn't really a kid and the three of them were acting out on a sick fantasy.

I guess Arthur will have to try his luck on older sphero women, then.
Quote:

Originally Posted by ras maxim (Post 406083)
The only possibility publishers (and audience) can be interested in new LBA game is if it would have naruto-like protagonist and hot anthropomorphic furries and mini-games. That's the price we should pay if we want LBA3 be ever released.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Kobold 2011-08-01 15:55

Wait what? Bio-androids? I've never seen that.

The video of the children's abduction shows a sphero kid which is never seen outside of that video. And it doesn't get abducted.
The sphero kid from the Temple of Bù is the same size as an adult sphero.

ChaosFish 2011-08-01 15:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kobold (Post 406086)
Wait what? Bio-androids? I've never seen that.

The video of the children's abduction shows a sphero kid which is never seen outside of that video. And it doesn't get abducted.
The sphero kid from the Temple of Bù is the same size as an adult sphero.

That's 2 proofs right there that he's not really a kid. It's the same Sphero, an old pervert who likes pretending he's a child.

Double-J 2011-08-01 16:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by ras maxim (Post 406083)

Gay.