the Magicball Network Forums

the Magicball Network Forums (https://forum.magicball.net/index.php)
-   News (https://forum.magicball.net/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Fred: "I really feel I owe a sequel to LBA players" (https://forum.magicball.net/showthread.php?t=10654)

elmuerte 2006-03-10 00:25

Fred: "I really feel I owe a sequel to LBA players"

As planned for Thursday in Adventure Europe's Frederick Raynal week an interview with Frederick Raynal.

Some of the subjects of the interview are Fred's past games (Alone in the Dark and LBA) and a bit about his plans and views for the future. A big part of the interview is about how it all started with Alone in the Dark, where he got the ideas and how he worked it out.
Oh, and Fred didn't like the Alone in the Dark movie either.

Homeless 2006-03-10 01:29

Nice interview indeed, and I really like the "..owe a sequel..." part ^,^
This is a great week! Hooray for all you who've made this adventure-eu.com week possible!
(and the fact that I've finally obtained a legal copy of LBA1 plays a small part in my cheery-mood too)

However, this part troubles me a bit, and I'll quote:
Quote:

"Also players are different nowadays, during 80s and 90s games had to be challenging, now they must be easy and entertaining."
Does this mean we'll get an easy-peasy or a kindof console-styled LBA3, if we'll get one? That would horrible, to say the least.
Let's hope not.

Blind Prophet 2006-03-10 02:28

damn this interviwe is kool
hell the whole week has bin gr8!!
wen it got postponed i thought that maybe it may noy go anywhere, but this interview confirms it- THE LBA COMMUNITY ROCKS AND WE GET SOMETHING DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

morshem 2006-03-10 05:56

Trium Planeta was cancelled after 8 months of work? That means that we knew about the cancellation years after it...

Anyway, nice interview. Not some smashing news, but always nice to read new stuff from Raynal and friends.

CiB 2006-03-10 10:29

Very interesting. Hopefully if they are intending to make it easier they'll include multiple difficulty levels.

Darkflame 2006-03-10 13:09

Id say games have to be as accessible as possible.

That doesnt mean easy, merely that they are "easy to get into", that the controls are not complex, and the game is non repetitive/not frustrating.

Quote:

Oh, and Fred didn't like the Alone in the Dark movie either.
I know, I love this quote;

Quote:

. I’m not a movie maker but a game maker, so I can’t tell why I think it is bad, maybe some things like relative coherency or relative credibility which are very important in games are also a necessity for movies
:D :D

Quetch 2006-03-10 13:34

In the interview , there's also a part when Fred says that Gamers nowadays like to see a new interface and that's what concerns me most ... I mean , whitout a LBAish interface , a new improoved one , even though it will please "the 2006 gamers" will suck mainly because it won't give us the same LBA atmospehere and well ... it wouldn't be LBA anymore ... :(

Neko 2006-03-10 13:57

But was the sunny and happy LBA 2 atmosphere really in line with the lba1 atmosphere?

I found the two quite different.
I'd be happy if the temple of Buu themepark was closed, and back to being a real temple in lba 3 :)

ChaosFish 2006-03-10 14:03

This was awesome. I mean, knowing that Fred is still alive in his actual form, that is.

Reading this made me want LBA3 again.
I want it to be a challenging game because I don't want to finish it too soon, but I trust Fred he knows what he's doing.

Lenman - Didn't really get your comment.

Frank, it doesn't really matter if Fred talks about anything or reveal anything or participate in the MBN or whatever, AS LONG as he will makeLBA3goddamnit10longyears.
Still very cool to read.

Bender 2006-03-10 14:50

The Fact that he says he owes the fans a sequal is very good, after reading that bit, i saught of felt better.

Tfpsly 2006-03-10 15:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by morshem
Trium Planeta was cancelled after 8 months of work? That means that we knew about the cancellation years after it...

:eek: wrong, it is not canceled.
I'm working at F4, in case you wonder...

morshem 2006-03-10 15:14

Then why would Fred say that they cancelled the game after 8 months?

Neko 2006-03-10 16:38

Well Twinsun still looked pretty sunny and still very happy with the invasion. The music was the same on citadel island for example, and everything still looked cute.

I think the lighting in lba1 and the colours were probably just different.

Ofcourse Zeelich was kind of dark, but that was totally different alltogether.

All I'm saying is: The atmosphere changes every game.

Darkflame 2006-03-10 16:38

Trium Planeta is probably on "hold" rather then canceled.
Fred just said it was canceled because he thinks the chances are slim we will see it in the next..dunno..5 years?

ChaosFish 2006-03-10 17:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by FireBall2K
Fred was just hitting around the bush when it came to LBA3 questions.

Maybe it's because he didn't want to give LBA3 answers? Which is understandable?
So right he could have simply said "I don't wanna answer" but he chose to say it differently...

Oh, you said "concrete"... For some reason I thought you said "sincere" :o

Kitarii 2006-03-10 17:23

:eek:
Just having one of my random revisits to here, and this looks good. Chaosfish, it makes me want LBA3 again too, and I'm worried I'm getting too hopeful about this... He's been saying he'll make LBA3 someday for years. :-/

ChaosFish 2006-03-10 17:52

MBN meeting 2086:
Ricochet (hoarsely): Hey guys, remember Fred said he will make LBA3 one day?
El Muerte (slowly eating a bowl of porridge): Yes, his new company Y34-Dludfloid said it would be their next project... *cough cough*
*Atresica runs into the room, waving her walking stick in the air*
Pandy (laughs, coughs): "Hey Atresica, is this you new Katana?"
*Atresica beats Pandy with her walking stick*
Atresica: You won't believe this guys! LBA3 was just released! *pulls LBA3 disc from her old woman's purse*
*All MBN members pull their glasses out of their pockets and stare at the disc*
*Homeless, FireBall2K and Neko get a heart attack*
Anakin: Let's try it on!!! *cough cough* *dies*
--
Ah that's gonna be sweet :)

Neko 2006-03-10 18:24

How old will Fred become then? :)

but what would be stupid;

if LBA 3 turned out to be dissapointing.

elmuerte 2006-03-10 18:27

hmm... 105 years old and eating a bowl of porridge!?

ChaosFish 2006-03-10 18:39

Would you prefer infusion?

Kitarii 2006-03-10 20:06

What else is there to do at that age? You're probably blind and deaf...

Lightwing 2006-03-10 21:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaosFish
MBN meeting 2086:
Ricochet (hoarsely): Hey guys, remember Fred said he will make LBA3 one day?
El Muerte (slowly eating a bowl of porridge): Yes, his new company Y34-Dludfloid said it would be their next project... *cough cough*
*Atresica runs into the room, waving her walking stick in the air*
Pandy (laughs, coughs): "Hey Atresica, is this you new Katana?"
*Atresica beats Pandy with her walking stick*
Atresica: You won't believe this guys! LBA3 was just released! *pulls LBA3 disc from her old woman's purse*
*All MBN members pull their glasses out of their pockets and stare at the disc*
*Homeless, FireBall2K and Neko get a heart attack*
Anakin: Let's try it on!!! *cough cough* *dies*

Ahahahahahhahahaahhaha~

God, I hope it never happens.

Atresica 2006-03-10 22:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lightwing
Ahahahahahhahahaahhaha~

God, I hope it never happens.

*beats Lightwing with her walking stick*

Homeless 2006-03-10 22:55

Oh man, that cracked me up real good!
Hahahoho XD

Let's really hope that'll never happen.

Neko 2006-03-10 23:02

It already did.

Were can you get some nifty walking sticks?:)