the Magicball Network Forums

the Magicball Network Forums (https://forum.magicball.net/index.php)
-   News (https://forum.magicball.net/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   GOG.com re-releases Little Big Adventure (https://forum.magicball.net/showthread.php?t=15997)

ChaosFish 2011-10-11 17:19

I never did buy LBA1, I got it installed (pirated) on my computer when I was 9 years old. Only bought LBA2.

So, just bought it now from GOG.

But I'd like to know if Fred and his team are profiting from this, or if the money just goes to Activision / other publisher. Can anyone tell?

Diego 2011-10-11 17:22

Great News!!!

LuKeXhunter 2011-10-11 17:31

It's amazing to see LBA again and now compatible with modern systems, I'm just wondering, since it has no portuguese text, can I change the TEXT.hqr to a portuguese one without problem?

Darkflame 2011-10-11 17:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaosFish (Post 408363)
I never did buy LBA1, I got it installed (pirated) on my computer when I was 9 years old. Only bought LBA2.

So, just bought it now from GOG.

But I'd like to know if Fred and his team are profiting from this, or if the money just goes to Activision / other publisher. Can anyone tell?

I assume they get something, given that Didier is listed under publisher/developer.

In either case, good sales here will encourage more to come :)

Homeless 2011-10-11 18:19

The installer just went from 128 mb (I think, around that) to 416 mb. What has changed, does anyone know?

Edit: Just found out why
Quote:

Originally Posted by Paczyk
Link

We have enhanced the music quality in our release of LBA. The size of the installer went up a bit but we think that in this case it is well worth it.

Please download the game one more time and enjoy the CDA-quality music! :)

I apologise for the inconvenience.

Archas 2011-10-11 18:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeless (Post 408368)
The installer just went from 128 mb (I think, around that) to 416 mb. What has changed, does anyone know?

Edit: Just found out why

Cool because I thought the music was bad!

Darkflame 2011-10-11 18:41

Someone on the gog forum complained.
I LOVE GOG - and this is why.
They really care about doing the best they possibly can :)

btw, the concept art is fantastic :D some is really cute.
As is the photo of the Adeline team :p
(anyone know what that gesture is they are making with their fingers?)

Horadrim 2011-10-11 18:47

I was thinking is it possible to ask them, or Didier, to release all concepts from LBA. As I see, there are very interesting pieces, like the rejected character for example.

MatheusMK3 2011-10-11 18:50

As soon I get my credit-card I will buy it, so excited!

thehen 2011-10-11 18:58

Amazing news!

Battler 2011-10-11 19:00

Again, why I like the fact GOG re-released LBA 1, I'm just displeased by the fact they only re-released the European edition, and not the Japanese edition as well. There's so far no way of running the Japanese edition on a modern system, with the exception of DosBox, virtual machines, or FunnyForg's patch. LbaWin crashes with the Japanese edition. It's quite sad. Japan has about 130 million people, so it's hardly a minority language as well. Why no-one seems to care about the Japanese edition, is beyond me. And to say the Japanese voices are by far superior than either English, French or German ones. :(

Renesans 2011-10-11 19:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Battler (Post 408374)
Again, why I like the fact GOG re-released LBA 1, I'm just displeased by the fact they only re-released the European edition, and not the Japanese edition as well. There's so far no way of running the Japanese edition on a modern system, with the exception of DosBox, virtual machines, or FunnyForg's patch. LbaWin crashes with the Japanese edition. It's quite sad. Japan has about 130 million people, so it's hardly a minority language as well. Why no-one seems to care about the Japanese edition, is beyond me. And to say the Japanese voices are by far superior than either English, French or German ones. :(

Maybe you could complain in the GOG.com forums, they really listen. Or you could contact them. ;)

MatheusMK3 2011-10-11 19:07

BTW, has someone checked Didier's Facebook today (this called my attention while MBN was loading): lba1 available on G.O.G. from 2:00 p.m (French time)

Archas 2011-10-11 19:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkflame (Post 408370)
Someone on the gog forum complained.
I LOVE GOG - and this is why.
They really care about doing the best they possibly can :)

btw, the concept art is fantastic :D some is really cute.
As is the photo of the Adeline team :p
(anyone know what that gesture is they are making with their fingers?)

I don't now but it's fun :p

And i like the image "architectural-research2.jpg"

but...damage that is not in the game :(

Archas 2011-10-11 19:15

Quote:

Shenmue is only in English/Jap but no in french !!!
A lot of game jap, is not in French !!! ;)

Neko 2011-10-11 19:37

Quote:

I rather ask why you care so much about a japanese release? Or did you want to buy it as a gift to your japanese gf?
Maybe the game didn't sell well there...
Ah well, maybe they will reissue that versio now as well. I usually care if it Happens the other way around: secret of mana 2 for example :)

TAurus 2011-10-11 19:46

Just bought the game via magicball link. Thank you.

Renesans 2011-10-11 19:50

Does littlebigadventure.com belong to the MBN? Because there's a typo in the title, it says "Twisen's Adventure" instead of "Twinsen's Adventure".

BlazinBlack 2011-10-11 21:05

i hope that the newer version with 4xxMB fixes the problem with the too silent voices. anyone had the same "problem"?

Jasiek 2011-10-11 21:31

What was that about the Remake??

Echomote 2011-10-11 21:37

Quote:

Actually, this GOG release runs on DosBox anyway

Archas 2011-10-11 21:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlazinBlack (Post 408390)
i hope that the newer version with 4xxMB fixes the problem with the too silent voices. anyone had the same "problem"?

yes I have the same problem, and the new version is identical :Sad:

Renesans 2011-10-11 21:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasiek (Post 408392)
What was that about the Remake??

They originally inclued your remake with the GOG.com release as part of the bonus content but then they removed it. :?

Streg 2011-10-11 21:59

That's weird isn't it? Bought and downloading! Can't wait to see the extras!
PS: I think that for legal issues those who bought the game shouldn't post here images and wallpapers included with the game

morshem 2011-10-11 22:08

Is that for real? Nice.