the Magicball Network Forums

the Magicball Network Forums (https://forum.magicball.net/index.php)
-   Fan Games (https://forum.magicball.net/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Awesome game ^^ (https://forum.magicball.net/showthread.php?t=13005)

Rocky 2007-10-19 06:29

Awesome game ^^

1 Attachment(s)
i didnt make this but i put funfrocks head on the manikin

http://www.mygame.com/game/KillFunfrock

its called kill funfrock but you got to hit the apple :P

You get to launch forks, swordfish, fryingpans and arrows at funfrock! :D

morshem 2007-10-19 15:01

Quote:

Game is not available

This game has been removed or is not available at the moment. Please try again a bit later. Meanwhile, we recommend you to play some of the games below.

veronnicaswiss 2010-12-30 14:18

hey its not working i think link is broken or something..:)

Accountsden 2011-03-15 11:07

just send us a another link of this game.....:)

Tylor 2011-12-21 17:53

Guys i am addicted of the shooting games and i will share with you some of best shooting games ever like
Battle field 3
Rage
Modern warfare 3

Double-J 2011-12-21 20:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tylor (Post 411300)
Guys i am addicted of the shooting games and i will share with you some of best shooting games ever like
Battle field 3
Rage
Modern warfare 3

LBA is actually a great shooting game. You throw balls. BALLS. You know, BALLS.

It's great.

Bot13 2011-12-21 22:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Double-J (Post 411312)
LBA is actually a great shooting game. You throw balls. BALLS. You know, BALLS.

It's great.

Not too long ago I worked at a company that actually worked on a game which had mechanics based on the magic ball. And I mean a proper game, complete cities, drop ships, unreal engine standard graphics. And it wasn't a coincidence - it was literally based on LBA, you even started in a citadel island-ish village, including museum with cool stuff showcased from the hero. It got cancelled though, couldn't get the investments. They started working on other games.

Double-J 2011-12-21 22:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bot13 (Post 411317)
Not too long ago I worked at a company that actually worked on a game which had mechanics based on the magic ball. And I mean a proper game, complete cities, drop ships, unreal engine standard graphics. And it wasn't a coincidence - it was literally based on LBA, you even started in a citadel island-ish village, including museum with cool stuff showcased from the hero. It got cancelled though, couldn't get the investments. They started working on other games.

Was it a third-person style game? I think that would be the ideal camera to work with the ball. How about the platform? As much as a I loath motion controls, I'd be really interested to see what, say, the Kinect, could do with such a game.

Bot13 2011-12-21 22:25

Yup, it was third person. PC controls, not unlike Mass Effect. Graphics were also pretty close to that. But I think that's what killed it - the ball only paralyzed people, and I think that kind of 'kindness' in gameplay can only be combined with somewhat playful graphics. (not to say childish, heh)

Double-J 2011-12-22 16:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bot13 (Post 411319)
Yup, it was third person. PC controls, not unlike Mass Effect. Graphics were also pretty close to that. But I think that's what killed it - the ball only paralyzed people, and I think that kind of 'kindness' in gameplay can only be combined with somewhat playful graphics. (not to say childish, heh)

Do you think the team just couldn't market it properly? Given the glut of generic FPS style games, I had hopes that Bioshock and even works from studios like Quantic Dreams could help bring storytelling back into vogue and not just "kill everything that moves" :lol:

Bot13 2011-12-22 18:36

Absolutely, it had way too much elements in it to be commercially viable. It was part RPG, part adventure and part shooter. Nowadays you can see a lot of projects combining these elements, but this was in development a few years ago, when indie games were just gaining popularity, you can imagine investors being a bit skeptical. :lol:

But I must say the concept of shooting everything that moves was even present in the concept itself. I mean, you did have some kind of energy ball, and it only paralyzed people - but it's played like a regular shooter, you 'get rid' of people in your way, they drop down on the floor. It's basically a non-satisfying shooter you're building when you're going for non-deadly weaponry.

Darkflame 2011-12-22 20:53

You dont need to get satisfaction from killing. Over-the-top physics can be satisfying too. (ie, the enemys dont die, but do go flying!)

Bot13 2011-12-22 21:26

Yeah, I'll give you that. Just anything that doesn't involve enemies random falling to the ground with no harm done at all. No fun in that.

Polaris 2011-12-25 22:09

Bots are useful to start interesting conversations :P
How come it still isn't banned ?

Streg 2011-12-27 08:13

wow, it quotes itself. Akward.

Polaris 2011-12-27 11:00

Btw, I'm interested by what the site in his sig has to offer, but I won't click it, 'cause I hate bots !