the Magicball Network Forums

the Magicball Network Forums (https://forum.magicball.net/index.php)
-   General (https://forum.magicball.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Maybe good news??? (https://forum.magicball.net/showthread.php?t=5944)

3Dveloper 2003-07-23 18:57

Maybe good news???

Take a look at this. Small game developers in france can get state sponsoring if they have a good concept. Maybe good news for our French friends!

Bushmeister 2003-07-23 20:14

Indeed this is good news, but not just for frenchies. Hopefully it can encourage other governments to do the same, there are a lot of UK development companies which are very promising (e.g. The Creative Assembly) who coulod use money like that.

wacko 2003-07-23 21:22

You read too much tweakers.net, 3Dveloper ;)
The idea is pretty good by the way.

oracle 2003-07-24 18:44

Maybe we'd get some new Davilex crap, I they started with such a thing in Holland;)

Guitar 2003-07-24 22:02

Quote:

Originally posted by oracle
Maybe we'd get some new Davilex crap, I they started with such a thing in Holland;)
Dutch games rulez, but Davilex is totally stupid,focking ashole Davi games, shit shit shit, never play Davilex games, destroy Davilex and please if you have Davi game, place it somewhere where you can find never more.

Perhaps we could Force Ubi Soft to take over F4 toys and Adeline, and let Michel Ansel's produce LBA 3 with Fred stolen plot!

Drecon 2003-07-25 20:56

Davilex was the only Dutch games company for a long time. Now it ceased to exist and there's no gaming company left in the entire country. So how do dutch games rule anyways.

HomerSimpson 2003-07-26 11:55

Well, Jazz Jackrabbit is Dutch, and that's one cool game:) The sequels were cool, too. So...

elmuerte 2003-07-26 14:25

Quote:

Originally posted by HomerSimpson
Well, Jazz Jackrabbit is Dutch, and that's one cool game:) The sequels were cool, too. So...
No, Jazz Jackrabbit 1 and 2 were designed by Epic Games, and Jazz 2 was developed by mainly a Dutch team. But it's not a dutch game.

HomerSimpson 2003-07-26 15:01

Yes, but the dude who thought it up was Dutch, right? I believe his name was Arjan Brusse, or something.

Assassin 2003-07-26 15:02

Yeh, Arjan Brusse and Cliff Blesinzki.
And there are a lot more dutch developers btw.

Master Cheater 2003-07-27 17:47

Four million euro's,man! That's costy in Slovenian!

Darkflame 2003-07-28 00:08

Well, Nintendo has had a fund like this for ages.
Nintendos president set it up out of his own money a few years ago. The Q-fund I think its called.

Master Cheater ~ Nice Avatar.

Do you know I have some animated Sonic/Sega avatars free for anyone too use? (if your interested, that is)

Quote:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by HomerSimpson
Well, Jazz Jackrabbit is Dutch, and that's one cool game The sequels were cool, too. So...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No, Jazz Jackrabbit 1 and 2 were designed by Epic Games, and Jazz 2 was developed by mainly a Dutch team. But it's not a dutch game.
Well, pinning down the "nationality" of a game is as useless as doing it with films.
The game/film could be made in, and by, people of a certain country but if another country pays for it, its techicaly their game.

(eg, Harry Potter and James Bond films are techicaly American)

Rustyw 2003-07-28 06:54

jazz jackrabbit is teh roxors

Q-Wi-Q 2003-07-28 08:08

fund Q was mainly there to get square on the gamecube :)

Darkflame 2003-07-28 09:51

No, it pre-dates that deal by almost 2 years ;)

Gergely 2003-07-28 21:12

Well, I was away for a week for RĂ¡ba-tour, (that's on water with canoue (or how it's spelled:D )), but now I'm back, haven't seen my computer for a week, nor anything driven by electricity. This is the first thread I'm reading and all I have to say:

Hungarian games rule!!! :D

Well, of course Jazz Jack Rabbit rulez as well :diploma: I loved it, made some maps too, that game brought me some very good times. Well done Netherlands and everyone else participating. ;)

Gergely 2003-07-29 21:29

Since I've been back, I killed all the threads with a single post. Good job me! :(

Rustyw 2003-07-29 22:58

GOOD JOB YAYAYA