the Magicball Network Forums

the Magicball Network Forums (https://forum.magicball.net/index.php)
-   General (https://forum.magicball.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   LBA 3 sounds very real in a new interview of Frédérick Raynal (https://forum.magicball.net/showthread.php?t=18135)

Koypiout 2017-07-21 00:06

LBA 3 sounds very real in a new interview of Frédérick Raynal

A new interview in French has just been posted on Le Monde.
Here's a translation of the parts which we care about:

(Talking with Michel Ancel about seamless worlds)

"Frédérick: In the first two games, travelling between worlds was faked (a cutscene was triggered), but now, in the third one, we want to have a complete planet, with the mountain range, the islands, etc.

Michel: That's cool. This means that you are going to make it, this third episode!

Frédérick: I've been talking about it for 20 years, and I still want to make it as much as before.

Michel: At some point, one must stop talking...

Frédérick: Right now, I'm resting a little - after 2Dark, I need a little vacation. I'm building an electronic game in the meantime."

[...]

Michel: ... for example stories about pregnant women... that was fantastic!

Frédérick: Exactly! Talking about that, in episode 3, their baby is born - he's named Arthur, and it will be him the real hero! And he's a "kidz", his parents are tacky people who do old magic..."

20 years later... it may be happening...

Here's the URL for French speakers:
http://www.lemonde.fr/pixels/article...5_4408996.html

Polaris 2017-07-21 02:01

Whoah, in "Le Monde" no less |)
Thanks for the find :)

MevX 2017-07-21 02:04

:tup::tup::tup:

Darkflame 2017-07-21 14:18

Well, its always been clear he wants to make it, the question is resources/budget/time etc.

Interesting to hear he wants it all linked. But its not too surprising either. If you got a world in your head, you want to make it seamless!

RGaspar 2017-07-23 18:41

Not to be a downer but this is business as usual. He wants to make the game, he has a clear vision for it and he has no money or studio behind it. Considering Michel Ancel was able to put Beyond Good and Evil into production sacrificing the core values of the original, LBA3 has no chance unless he seriously change the concept into something more...bang bang motherfucker :P

Archas 2017-07-28 22:33

I hope always LBA3.

Lets go fred ! Bouge ton boule !!!!!

Floppy 2017-08-02 22:05

What a great news!! :D :D

Reek 2017-08-03 11:07

Well gee guys it sounds like lba 3 is a done deal and now it's just a matter of time until it's made :rolleyes:

Neko 2017-08-03 11:50

I think there is a certain time window for everything in life, and he doesn't realize he is missing it.

Darkflame 2017-08-08 00:02

Thinking about it, while I certainly wouldn't want the swearing anywhere near lba, I could picture LBA3 as a BG&E2 module/add-on/dlc thing.
BG&E2 has multiple planets in a large seamless world - Twinsen could be a world on the outskirts.
Still be a independent/its own thing gameplay wise, but that gives them a engine to build the game from.

Homeless 2017-08-10 16:07

Maybe

MrQuetch 2017-08-11 21:10

I would like them to make their own engine basing it off of the initial. That way it would really fit the original way the games were played.

I agree with Reek, though I'm a bit skeptical - everyone says LBA3 might be made (and that's a big emphasis on might). Homeless is definitely in on the "maybe"s.

I really hope that LBA3 gets made, but in all honesty, I'm not looking forward to it at the moment. Besides, you only feel worse if you anticipate something and then it gets totally changed or completely cancelled (DD64 Dinosaur Planet). Still a shame that game never saw it's true "light of day".

I'm sure that Fred will make this work if he really intends on still making LBA3. By that I literally mean "Do all that he can!" to actually make it happen.

XXStranger 2017-08-13 00:50

I hope they do this sequel. It would be a pleasure to return to a new adventure of this universe.

MrQuetch 2017-08-13 04:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by XXStranger (Post 456730)
I hope they do this sequel. It would be a pleasure to return to a new adventure of this universe.

Keep in mind it's the third one - not the second. The second one was the sequel.

XXStranger 2017-08-13 20:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrQuetch (Post 456733)
Keep in mind it's the third one - not the second. The second one was the sequel.

Oh, yes. The second LBA is my favorite. I was referring to the sequel to the first two games.

AndrewH 2017-09-18 18:12

What do you guys think is the biggest limiting factor for an LBA3? Funding? Is there any way of getting into contact with Frédérick?

Man, if he was receptive to attempting to get it funded using Indiegogo or Kickstarter I would be very happy to contribute a considerable amount myself to see it become a reality. Shenmue 3 took all of about 2 seconds to reach its crowd funding goal. I know LBA3 is much more niche but I think there's still a decent amount of us.

Kroll 2017-09-19 10:03

You know, there are plenty of threads posted since 2002 year about funding for LBA 3.
I wounder what if comunity opened back then a deposit account in the bank and started to top up this deposit a little every month or even a year... How much money would be on a deposit nowadays? Would it be enough?

AndrewH 2017-09-25 16:23

I have no idea what would be enough. If money really is the main llimiting factor, is there a way to get in contact with Frédérick so we could try this?

XXStranger 2020-01-25 02:18

Do you know anything about LBA3? Does anyone know what Frederick Raynal is working on right now?

bunnirabbot 2020-01-25 09:18

Wii!:)