the Magicball Network Forums

the Magicball Network Forums (https://forum.magicball.net/index.php)
-   News (https://forum.magicball.net/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   LbaWin 0.8.1 Beta released (https://forum.magicball.net/showthread.php?t=10486)

elmuerte 2006-01-27 23:46

LbaWin 0.8.1 Beta released

S├ębastien Viannay just released a new version of LbaWin.
Version 0.8.1 contains a lot of bugs fixes and a improved installer (made by me ;) ).
It has been almost 3 years since the previous release. It's good to see this awesome project being back on track.

In case you don't know. LbaWin is a MS Windows port of LBA1 made by one of the original creators of the game. You still need a valid copy of LBA1\Relentless in order to play the game.

You can download the latest release here.
Note: you will first need to create an account in the bugtracker. If you have any issues with LbaWin please report them in the bugtracker and not on the MBN.

elmuerte 2006-01-27 23:47

The complete list of changes:
  • [CHANGED] New installer totally rewritten by 'elmuerte'. This great installer allows more flexible install options, such as install original game as well as LbaWin to avoid installing it separately, options control panel, and many more ! Thanks elmuerte !!! (report 0000420)
  • [CHANGED] Renamed option 'Disable Windows Screen Saver' into 'Disable Windows Screen Saver during game (even in Windowed mode)' to prevent confuses (report 0000292)
  • [CHANGED] improved CD detection algorithm, hopping it will work for those who still had this problem (report 0000021 and many others...)
  • [FIXED] Found a bug in the CD Audio Player part, don't know yet if it'll fix all related issues (to be verified) (report 0000002)
  • [FIXED] Program crashed if some config values (Language, LanguageCD, FlagDisplayText and FlagKeepVoice) was missing in the LBA.CFG file
  • [FIXED] If config value 'Version_US' was missing in the LBA.CFG file, US version was considered as default version, resulting in Relentless bumper instead of Little Big Adventure one. If playing using Relentless version, this option has to be now not missing in LBA.CFG.
  • [FIXED] Remove GetDiskFreeSpaceEx() to be compatible with Win95 OSR1 (bug reported by mail, please use the bug report tool)
  • [FIXED] Quick behaviour changes (F1 - F4) was annoying if you pressed left or right key during change because it switched to another behaviour. It's now fixed (bug 0000301)
  • [FIXED] Found Objects didn't displayed anymore (ex: holomap found in the citadel) (bug 0000209)
  • [ADDED] Option to disable ALT-F4 key (which close LbaWin) in the settings panel (<F7>). This option is ON (disabled) by default (default meaning the first time LbaWin is launched) (report 0000313)
  • [ADDED] Option to disable "Windows Start Menu" keys (left and right) when in FullScreen mode only. In fact, this key if often near or between <CTRL> and <ALT> on keyboard layouts, so it was easy to press windows key while trying to fight :) (report 0000238). This option is ON (dsiabled) by default (default meaning the first time LbaWin is launched) and can be changed in the settings panel (<F7>)
  • [ADDED] An experimental :) Fred dedicated option to control Twinsen in 'Screen Relative Mode'. In this mode when you press the Up arrow key, Hero walks/runs to the top of the screen (while in standard mode he walks towards, in his current direction), Left Key he walks/runs to the left of screen (while in standard mode, he turns left), and so on. This option is mostly implemented to be used with digital paddles (not analog ones yet) for which direction are mapped to direction keys, because LBA wasn't designed to be played using a paddle or joystick and it's almost non-playable in standard mode.
  • [ADDED] Added an option to disable Fades during scene changes in settings panel (accessed through <F7> key) (report 0000278)
  • [ADDED] Playing video sequences from HD support added. Just copy the 'FLA' directory from CD to sub-directory 'FLA' of your installed directory (eg: if you installed it in 'C:\LBA', the video sequences should be found in 'C:\LBA\FLA') (report 0000039)
  • [ADDED] Contributors to LbaWin added into the about box.

Cyberg-Ares 2006-01-28 00:25

This is great! Thanks! Tell me, the music stopped suddenly in the ending of LBA 1 (doing the celebration scene). Was that a bug? Because it became a very hollow ending without any music.
Anyway, great that this kind of work continues.

ChaosFish 2006-01-28 00:29

As I said when Assa first posted this news: OMG.

morshem 2006-01-28 00:47

Wow, this is so cool!! :)

Also, this is the first time I see try the installer by El_Muerte, and it's really great :)

btw, I had to reinstall the Hebrew translation, but oh well...

ishashobar 2006-01-28 04:00

hey guys i think this would be a really good time to start singing
Handel's Halluya Chorus(sorry typo)|)

Lightwing 2006-01-28 10:24

This is beyond cool!

ChaosFish 2006-01-28 15:06

Btw, did you guys check Fred's new option yet?
Now in LbaWin 0.81 you can control Twinsen easily with a Joystick/etc. (which I don't have). It does work with the keyboard, but not really comfortable.

elmuerte 2006-01-28 16:22

Fred's new option?

Oh, the window relative movement.

xesf 2006-01-28 23:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaosFish
Btw, did you guys check Fred's new option yet?
Now in LbaWin 0.81 you can control Twinsen easily with a Joystick/etc. (which I don't have). It does work with the keyboard, but not really comfortable.

Yeah not so confortable indeed but maybe because we're familiary with the other game play. Maybe with a joystick this could be great.
Its nice to not use the option "Do fades transitions", the game speed increase alot.

elmuerte 2006-01-29 10:52

turning of the fades is great for video capturing, but for the rest, nah..

Battler 2006-01-29 19:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by El_Muerte
[FIXED] If config value 'Version_US' was missing in the LBA.CFG file, US version was considered as default version, resulting in Relentless bumper instead of Little Big Adventure one. If playing using Relentless version, this option has to be now not missing in LBA.CFG.

There's an error in this one. The "Version_US" value is in SETUP.LST, not in LBA.CFG. And it's set to 1 in the U.S. version, and to 0 in the European version.

ChaosFish 2006-01-29 19:48

bras: The place to report it would be the bug tracker I guess :)

Battler 2006-01-29 20:12

- ChaosFish: OK, done that now and downloaded the new version of LBAWin.

ishashobar 2006-01-29 22:08

Obras I reported it already

master_cookie 2008-02-21 21:58

help

the download page is invalid:sad::mad:

Kobold 2008-02-21 22:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by master_cookie (Post 344287)
the download page is invalid:sad::mad:

You can download it directly from the MBN here.

xesf 2008-02-26 11:44

Yeah, Mantis is down for a while. What happens?!

Diabolik 2017-08-31 16:14

mmmm.. hi boys.. over internet i see it's a 0.8.3 it's been released.... it's real ?

Apparently i have found a link.. but it's offline:
http://lbawin.akoonet.com/

xesf 2017-09-02 09:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diabolik (Post 456816)
mmmm.. hi boys.. over internet i see it's a 0.8.3 it's been released.... it's real ?

Apparently i have found a link.. but it's offline:
http://lbawin.akoonet.com/

Don't remember that.
The last version I have is still 0.8.1