the Magicball Network Forums

the Magicball Network Forums (https://forum.magicball.net/index.php)
-   General (https://forum.magicball.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   What happens if you leave the citadel without the ID and holomap? (https://forum.magicball.net/showthread.php?t=18559)

Reek 2021-08-01 17:41

What happens if you leave the citadel without the ID and holomap?

Out of curiosity, I started a new game of LBA1, and left the citadel without picking up the ID card and holomap. It seems like I'm completely locked out and there is no way now to go back and pick them up. Unless there's something I don't know about?

Neko 2021-08-01 20:24

Hmm you cannot get a new ferryticket back?

Reek 2021-08-01 21:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neko (Post 460340)
Hmm you cannot get a new ferryticket back?

i can go back to citadel island and enter the citadel through the secret entrance. once in the boiler room, turns out i can get the guard to trigger the alarm if i stand in the corner of the room.

however, a new problem arises, if you get arrested after getting the tunic, the scientist with the key that lets you out of the citadel is no longer there! so atm i can't get out of the citadel

Neko 2021-08-01 22:05

do you really need the id card and holomap?

also you should always be able to break out of the citadel...strange i do not remember your problem to be honest.

Reek 2021-08-01 23:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neko (Post 460342)
do you really need the id card and holomap?

also you should always be able to break out of the citadel...strange i do not remember your problem to be honest.

i don't think you need them, i was just curious about it
but now, being forever stuck in the citadel is an even more interesting issue

Neko 2021-08-01 23:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reek (Post 460343)
i don't think you need them, i was just curious about it
but now, being forever stuck in the citadel is an even more interesting issue

i am fairly sure you can get out. i have been thrown in the citadel thousands of times even after getting the tunic i believe. although, how did you even get captured, that is pretty rare too.

i would have to test that

Reek 2021-08-02 00:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neko (Post 460344)
i am fairly sure you can get out. i have been thrown in the citadel thousands of times even after getting the tunic i believe. although, how did you even get captured, that is pretty rare too.

i would have to test that

i don't think it's supposed to be possible to get arrested on citadel island after getting the tunic. think about it, who would arrest you exactly? there are no supergros on the island

i only managed it because if you stand in the corner of the boiler room there's a guard who can notice you through the wall, almost certainly a bug

Phreak 2021-08-02 12:00

It's possible to get arrested after getting the tunic if you enter the Citadel via the rear entrance. The roaming guard/nurse will see you, trigger the alarm, and a supergro will spawn.

As mentioned this leaves you stuck in the Citadel as you can't access the room to leave via the rear exit, and there's no guard to kill for a key to leave by the main exit.

You don't need the holomap or Twinsens ID card at any point in the game, although you can buy a holomap from the shop on Principal Island.

Neko 2021-08-02 13:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phreak (Post 460347)
It's possible to get arrested after getting the tunic if you enter the Citadel via the rear entrance. The roaming guard/nurse will see you, trigger the alarm, and a supergro will spawn.

As mentioned this leaves you stuck in the Citadel as you can't access the room to leave via the rear exit, and there's no guard to kill for a key to leave by the main exit.

You don't need the holomap or Twinsens ID card at any point in the game, although you can buy a holomap from the shop on Principal Island.

so you are truly stuck? wow didn't know that one.

only way to get out is to hack your savegame then i guess

Polaris 2021-08-02 18:41

Didn't know about that one, that's weird...

Played through the game multiple times without the ID though, there was a short period of time when I always forgot to pick it up for some reason.

Phreak 2021-08-02 21:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neko (Post 460349)
so you are truly stuck? wow didn't know that one.

only way to get out is to hack your savegame then i guess

I think if you game over via wall death you'd spawn outside of the Citadel, not 100% sure though - haven't tested it

elmuerte 2021-08-03 00:16

iirc the ID only has a use on Brundle Island. The holomap is only a convenience to keep track of your quest.
So you don't need it. And if I remember correctly, you can buy a holomap in the shop on Principle Island.

Quote:

This super Holomap costs only 20 Kashes (you will find that it is very useful!).
https://www.magicball.net/gamequotes/674

Neko 2021-08-03 10:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by elmuerte (Post 460354)
iirc the ID only has a use on Brundle Island. The holomap is only a convenience to keep track of your quest.
So you don't need it. And if I remember correctly, you can buy a holomap in the shop on Principle Island.

https://www.magicball.net/gamequotes/674

yeah try the id card in brundle....great idea :rolleyes:

Polaris 2021-08-03 21:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phreak (Post 460352)
I think if you game over via wall death you'd spawn outside of the Citadel, not 100% sure though - haven't tested it

That's smart :eek:

Quote:

And if I remember correctly, you can buy a holomap in the shop on Principle Island.

I think you can buy it in any store.

Phreak 2021-08-04 19:18

Quote:

iirc the ID only has a use on Brundle Island.

You can also show it to the person in the Library by the cash register. If you do he sounds the alarm, so again, not particularly useful