the Magicball Network Forums

the Magicball Network Forums (https://forum.magicball.net/index.php)
-   LBA: Lupin Island Destiny (https://forum.magicball.net/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   LBA:LID Demo v1.0 (https://forum.magicball.net/showthread.php?t=14901)

Necdilzor 2009-09-02 23:24

LBA:LID Demo v1.0

Believe it or not here it is!!!

The demo was made by me and vindish and lets you explore a little piece of an island (I'm not saying anything else because I don't want to spoil it all!)

Download here: http://www.mediafire.com/?mt42t00tzmq :cool:

Screenshots:
http://i734.photobucket.com/albums/w...r/LBA00020.jpg
http://i734.photobucket.com/albums/w...r/LBA00023.jpg

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Y5REHmWvJk Thanks Kobold!!!

Comments, videos, screenshots, mirrors,etc. all are welcome!!!

Vindish 2009-09-02 23:31

Yes, i'm so hurry to receive your comments that i'll stay on my comp all night long ^^.

It was long waiting for a life sign of a LBA project, but finally, we give you this demo, as a gift to all the community. And we're waitng for all your propositions to improve and fit our work.

Thanks you for waiting so long ^^ haha

Necdilzor 2009-09-02 23:34

BTW, feel free to mirror it.

Kitarii 2009-09-02 23:56

Just gave it a play through, good work guys! The scene jumps seem weird? Although that might just be something I clicked different in the LBAwin installation. All the characters seem to work (except some of them are pretty rude, which is strange for LBA). Also, is this island supposed to be Citadel Island or some random island?

Necdilzor 2009-09-02 23:58

This island is a new one, and the people are a bit rude here because of the violent seas of the island. It's the only island like this. Thanks for the comment.

Vindish 2009-09-03 00:02

it's a totally new island (i'll keep it name secret ^^) where we'll start in the LID whole game.
That allow us a freedom to add lot of new components or persons (even the rude one ^^).

Thanks for your opinion.

EDIT : sorry for the repetition, i didn't noticed Necd already answer ^^)

GoofyLife 2009-09-03 00:16

how do I play it? :p

Necdilzor 2009-09-03 00:17

Did you read the readme?

Kobold 2009-09-03 00:22

Great work. :D I liked the grid design and the coding worked without problems. It's a nice little demo that allows room for more.

A few comments:
  • The empty sound file that is played whenever a character talks is a little big too long. You just read Twinsen say "Good Day" but then have to wait 3 more seconds until you can click the dialogue box away. Using Escape helps, but I think the emtpy sound file should be shorter.
  • There are some weird background noises like childs cheering or clones walking around which doesn't fit to the environment.
  • After buying the hammer, I can still stand in front of the desk and the clerk will offer it to me again.
  • A lot of characters you talk to don't respond to your question about the weird guy.

Vindish 2009-09-03 00:30

Thanks a lot Kobold, that's a great comment ^^

About the empty sound, it's our first try, we'll see if we can reduce it.
I think i'll modify the shop indeed, because it's not normal that the vendor try to sell it another to you ( and i know that the code allows it, so i have to modify it, thanks for this bug report).
To finish, i didn't manage to find the good index of sound, so i tryed to take somes that are quite suitable (even the child cheering can be explain by the crasy rabbibunny ^^), and the men who don't give you a precise answer, it's normal, it's just a little demo, so we didn't want all the persons to give clues ^^

Necdilzor 2009-09-03 00:30

Thanks for the comment!
Quote:

The empty sound file that is played whenever a character talks is a little big too long. You just read Twinsen say "Good Day" but then have to wait 3 more seconds until you can click the dialogue box away. Using Escape helps, but I think the emtpy sound file should be shorter.
Yeah, right. Use escape if necessary :)
Quote:

There are some weird background noises like childs cheering or clones walking around which doesn't fit to the environment.
Hehehe... that's what you think now :p
Quote:

After buying the hammer, I can still stand in front of the desk and the clerk will offer it to me again.
Vindish, are you reading this? I didn't find this. :p
Quote:

A lot of characters you talk to don't respond to your question about the weird guy.
That's for now, demo only.

This is what we need, constructive critics!

EDIT: Double reply, again :p

GoofyLife 2009-09-03 00:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Necdilzor (Post 386669)
Did you read the readme?

Sorry ;) Just very used to not read those.

Will give feedback soon.

Edit: It was really nice =) Lovely to walk in a world that I´ve never walked in a hundred times before ;)
Maybe the "puzzles" are a little the easy side, but it´s a demo, and it´s looking good.

moothead 2009-09-03 01:18

Thought I'd just let you know that it works with DosBox. Good job, It's looking promising :).

Kobold 2009-09-03 01:23

And in DosBox, I don't have the sound issue (granted, the sound doesn't play at all except for the music because I didn't configure it right :p). But I recorded a nice little video of the demo which is currently uploading to YouTube available now.

Necdilzor 2009-09-03 01:57

Quote:

Edit: It was really nice =) Lovely to walk in a world that I´ve never walked in a hundred times before ;)
Maybe the "puzzles" are a little the easy side, but it´s a demo, and it´s looking good.
It's a demo, and it's the beginning of the game, it shouldn't be too hard!

Quote:

Thought I'd just let you know that it works with DosBox. Good job, It's looking promising :).
Well, that's good news! Thanks!

Quote:

And in DosBox, I don't have the sound issue (granted, the sound doesn't play at all except for the music because I didn't configure it right :p). But I recorded a nice little video of the demo which is currently uploading to YouTube available now.
Awesome! Thank you a lot Kobold!

Come on guys, keep it coming!

Darkflame 2009-09-03 02:02

Frelling fantastic.
THIS is the sort of thing that should be advertised proudly and clearly one an LBA domain.
Fans not just loving LBA, but making more LBA to love :)

RosaMarietheCow 2009-09-03 03:29

well, i was googling LBA and i came across LID video on Youtube, which led me to HERE again. I guess you're right, I wouldnt be able to stay away from here- no but actually, I'm just planning on asking this question and getting the answer. I really havn't been on here for a while. When I go to the link of the LID demo, it says I need to enter a password to be able to download it. Whats the password?

Kitarii 2009-09-03 12:17

There's no password required... You have to wait for the download to be available?

Darkflame 2009-09-03 13:35

Captcha maybe?

Aruchi89 2009-09-03 15:15

may i play it in Mac?

Kobold 2009-09-03 15:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aruchi89 (Post 386726)
may i play it in Mac?

If you get LBA 1 to run on a Mac (DosBox, windows emulator) then you can play LID without a problem.

Kobold 2009-09-03 15:56

I noticed a small bug, you can kill the rabbibunny lady by just hitting her once.

GoofyLife 2009-09-03 17:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aruchi89 (Post 386726)
may i play it in Mac?

Shure, but either on a virtual machine with wondows on, or DosBox.

I use Paralells 4 with Windows Xp blended with Mac OSX, that way I can open .exe files and othe Windows applications as I want with no problems(except for graphics heavy games, wich LBA is not ;) )

LBAWinOwns 2009-09-03 17:29

Oh boy I can't wait to play this demo :D

Inotamira Orani gave me an idea of how to run LBAwin in wine so I'll give it a shot this weekend.

Good job guys!

Graxer 2009-09-03 17:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inotamira Orani (Post 386738)
Yeah i'm totally geting a password every time i go to download, Is it some sort of glitch or what? Can you maybe upload this to www.megaupload.com cause I not only have an account there but have never had a problem with it.

Same here, I want to play LID! :(