the Magicball Network Forums

the Magicball Network Forums (https://forum.magicball.net/index.php)
-   Fan Games (https://forum.magicball.net/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Citadel Island Remake in Unity [WIP] (https://forum.magicball.net/showthread.php?t=17983)

Homeless 2017-08-31 23:45

Feels amazing in VR, great job!

Angelus 2017-09-01 13:48

Nice job :D I only think camera could be a little bit higher so it don't feel like you crouching.

MevX 2017-09-01 22:33

Thanks for the responses. :)

MevX 2017-09-03 00:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angelus (Post 456828)
I only think camera could be a little bit higher so it don't feel like you crouching.

The height seemed to work good with my vr friend, so i trust him on that matter. Maybe it just looks shorter through video than it actually is.

Angelus 2017-09-03 01:17

You may be right that in VR it may look good and this is just impression when you watch video :)

MevX 2017-09-03 01:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angelus (Post 456850)
You may be right that in VR it may look good and this is just impression when you watch video :)

I also forgot to mention that he's sitting in his chair, so that might make it look a bit shorter. |)

MevX 2017-10-14 08:52

heres a new release: https://github.com/realmevx/LBA2HD/releases

here is the new menu: https://i.imgur.com/SGDxRFm.png

and here are some lazy changelogs:
New island Otringal (and some hidden unfinished ones only accessible with codes, try figuring them out).
Buggy thirdperson similar to LBA 2 Controls.
Ambient sounds and music.
Graphical improvements, including lightning and texture changes.
Performance improvements (hopefully).
Probably some other stuff that i've forgotten.

MevX 2017-10-15 06:12


Here is a video i made about the project, and the update.

Bot13 2017-10-15 14:40

Looks stunning!! Great music too, any clue who made it?

MevX 2017-10-15 18:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bot13 (Post 457121)
Looks stunning!! Great music too, any clue who made it?

I did |)

You can find it here: https://soundcloud.com/albin-berg-34...ty-adventure-1

Polaris 2017-10-15 21:24

You rule man |)

MevX 2017-10-15 23:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Polaris (Post 457124)
You rule man |)

same to you!

Lightwing 2017-10-16 05:36

Fantastic work. I especially like the night time look.

As an exact remake it's very impressive. On the other hand, I can't help but wonder what it would look like with new textures/higher res models. That's not a criticism by any means, though, just can't help but wonder.

Again, well done!

MevX 2017-10-16 12:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lightwing (Post 457126)
Fantastic work. I especially like the night time look.

As an exact remake it's very impressive. On the other hand, I can't help but wonder what it would look like with new textures/higher res models. That's not a criticism by any means, though, just can't help but wonder.

Again, well done!

True. I've sometimes wondered about how it would look if everything was redone in a high poly fashion, and with new textures that would tile much better. In some ways it would look like the Planet Coaster project!

Thank you.

NickZah 2017-10-16 16:45

Awesome work! I'm very enjoy Otringal, White Leaf Island and all three night vesions. Day Citadel looks too much acid. I think need change another sky and fix some colours. Do you planned make animated npc's? It would looks fantastic.

MevX 2017-10-16 17:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by NickZah (Post 457128)
Day Citadel looks too much acid. I think need change another sky and fix some colours.

Do you mean it looks too saturated, and the colors are too strong? Cause i might agree in that regard.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NickZah (Post 457128)
Do you planned make animated npc's? It would looks fantastic.

I don't yet know how to convert the original animations, and put them into unity. If there is a method out there, like lba animations in blender, let me know. |)

NickZah 2017-10-16 17:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by MevX (Post 457129)
Do you mean it looks too saturated, and the colors are too strong? Cause i might agree in that regard.



I don't yet know how to convert the original animations, and put them into unity. If there is a method out there, like lba animations in blender, let me know. |)

Yeah too many saturated and contrast colours. And maybe very soft and light shadows for sunny weather.

No, I don't know how convert animations. Probably will be easier make new rig animation (if anyone has a good skill here).

guitarplayer 2017-10-28 23:34

Hello! Great work again! Is there going to be a 32 bit version?

MevX 2017-10-29 00:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by guitarplayer (Post 457161)
Hello! Great work again! Is there going to be a 32 bit version?

I'll fix that right now.

EDIT: should be there now.

guitarplayer 2017-10-29 19:45

Thank you very much MevX, but I still have a problem. When I try to open the 32 bit version of the game, I get an error which says "The program can't start because UnityPlayer.dll is missing". I manually downloaded that dll file and copied it to both the game directory and System32, and when I try to open the game I get another error which says "UnityPlayer.dll application was not designed to work with Windows or contains error". My OS is Windows 7 32 bit. What should I do?

PS: I have translated the error messages into English. It may not be exactly same in the English version of Windows 7.

MevX 2017-10-29 20:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by guitarplayer (Post 457168)
Thank you very much MevX, but I still have a problem. When I try to open the 32 bit version of the game, I get an error which says "The program can't start because UnityPlayer.dll is missing". I manually downloaded that dll file and copied it to both the game directory and System32, and when I try to open the game I get another error which says "UnityPlayer.dll application was not designed to work with Windows or contains error". My OS is Windows 7 32 bit. What should I do?

PS: I have translated the error messages into English. It may not be exactly same in the English version of Windows 7.

Oh sorry, cant believe i forgot about that. :lol:
I supplied the UnityPlayer.dll in the zip now, does it work?

guitarplayer 2017-10-30 00:22

Yay now it works! Now I have to ask how to switch to third person view?

MevX 2017-10-30 01:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by guitarplayer (Post 457170)
Yay now it works! Now I have to ask how to switch to third person view?

Press the M button.

It's very buggy, It's just in there as is because it looks cool.


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 07:16.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, the Magicball Network